Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2014 12:46:34 PM EDT
Long story short, I wanted to buy something on the Revolvr App, which I'm completely new to. They require you to use Pistol Pay, so I started signing up but got hung up when they wanted my SSN, birthday, etc. - basically everything necessary to steal you identity. But they seem to be backed by most major gun blogs and Ranier Arms seems to be pushing Revolvr really hard. After doing some googling and and asking around I said fuck it I'll do it. When I went back to Pistol Pay I got this:

I took a screen shot and noped myself right out of there. Anyone have any personal experience with Revolvr and/or Pistol Pay?
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 12:56:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm..I just signed up for Revolvr this morning
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Meh, it's just a cert.

I had to renew my certificate everytime I loged into Marine Online
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Guy's , we are finding that this is a very limited occurrence and we have not been able to reproduce it; but want to find what caused it for the OP, if you can please contact [email protected] with any information about your computer and software you can. I myself was on 2 different computers today and did not see that message but Like I said we will do our best to make sure you have a secure transaction.

to the OP... FYI we do not ask for your SS only the last 4 which is common in banking ..

Ira G
PistolPay COO
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

to the OP... FYI we do not ask for your SS only the last 4 which is common in banking ..

View Quote
I understand that, but I thought one of your main driving points was that Pistol Pay was NOT a banking institution and instead used third parties for that.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Meh, it's just a cert.

I had to renew my certificate everytime I loged into Marine Online
View Quote

Along with your password.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:03:25 AM EDT
[#6]
We apologize for the recent PistolPay site issues. A few weeks ago we moved the PistolPay site to a more secure location yesterday we move to a new secure certificate. A few of you were caught in the transition window to the new cert and thus received a message about the certificate in your browser. This may have caused some questions about the security on PistolPay. We do take security very seriously and have taken many steps internally and externally to prevent unauthorized activities on the site.

One process we put in place to help our efforts in providing a secure site has been implementing the IDology service. This is a 3rd party identity verification site that simply uses public records to verify each users identity so you know you are only dealing with legit users not phantom users from some distant land. If you ever have any questions feel free to email [email protected]. Tony is the CTO of PistolPay (as well as Rainier Arms) and will be happy to answer any questions

Ira G
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 9:04:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I understand that, but I thought one of your main driving points was that Pistol Pay was NOT a banking institution and instead used third parties for that.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

read the above post...
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:34:35 AM EDT
[#8]
The time/date on the OP's computer or device is probably off making it appear that the CERT is expired.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top