Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2006 9:42:41 AM EDT
OK folks, I am getting ready to move pretty soon the place I work is national but I have to be near a fairly large national airport. does not have to be LAX but no puddle jumping either. Now before you click the X in the right corner... I am looking for a specific city recomendation. prefer a place with relatively low crime, good gun laws, good colleges nearby, and a fun place for a 23 yr old that is single due to a evil cheating *****. any suggestions? oh and the housing has to be affordable for some sucker making 48k.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:44:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Antelope, MT

There are like maybe 75 people in the entire town. No one bothers you and there is a giant elk farm.

Cool little place.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Besides the traffic I would say ATL. I am sure there are quite a few cities in Texas's that would fit your needs.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:46:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Antelope, MT

There are like maybe 75 people in the entire town. No one bothers you and there is a giant elk farm.

Cool little place.

Airport?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:46:49 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Antelope, MT

Cool little place.

I think he was looking for a place with a major airport nearby.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:48:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Antelope, MT

Cool little place.

I would think they would like to stay the way they are and not have a huge influx of outa staters.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:50:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Antelope, MT

Cool little place.

I think he was looking for a place with a major airport nearby.

ha ha, yup MT would be fun... but lonely at least that town. Need somewhere that has some good womenz and an airport cause I have to fly constantly ( and still fear it )
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:53:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Denver or Colorado Springs

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Tampa Florida. Great weather, gun laws, major airport, fun, babes. college. Nuff said.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:58:56 AM EDT
[#9]
somewhere very faraway of course without the financial well being I am a stuck here
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:59:08 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

doesnt Denver have some of its own anti gun laws? I thought I heard that maybe wrong. Well I am flying out there Sunday, so I will know if I like it then.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:01:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Denver
Atlanta
Dallas/Ft. Worth
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Suburbs of Atlanta would fit your needs pretty well.  The airport is on the southern tip of the Perimeter, and the south side suburbs 10-20 miles outside the perimeter aren't totally overgrown with congestion yet and have good shopping with rural areas a short distance from the development.  A good starter home in a decent neighborhood can be had for about $110-120K, and there are plenty of colleges and universities in and around Atlanta.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:03:29 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

doesnt Denver have some of its own anti gun laws? I thought I heard that maybe wrong. Well I am flying out there Sunday, so I will know if I like it then.

Yes, but they are being contested.

Currently ARs and other specifically named weapons are banned in City/County of Denver.

Denver is not that great itself.  Living near it is ok and a little further is better.  Considering the direction that the illegal immigration issue is going (i.e the gov't is endorsing it rather than slowing or stopping it) SHEISLEGEND and I have started talking in all seriousness about Montana (she is from there) in the mid-range future.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:05:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

CO Springs then
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:06:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Currently ARs and other specifically named weapons are banned in City/County of Denver.

Denver is not that great itself.  Living near it is ok and a little further is better.  Considering the direction that the illegal immigration issue is going (i.e the gov't is endorsing it rather than slowing or stopping it) SHEISLEGEND and I have started talking in all seriousness about Montana (she is from there) in the mid-range future.

well, I will have to see how the whole AR thing falls in Denver. My duty station has been Los Angeles now for almost a year and I am going to kill myself if I have to spend another month fllowing stupid gun laws! but thanks for the advice, I will check the place out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

well, I will have to see how the whole AR thing falls in Denver. My duty station has been Los Angeles now for almost a year and I am going to kill myself if I have to spend another month fllowing stupid gun laws! but thanks for the advice, I will check the place out.

There are great places near Denver so there are plenty of options on the table.  Like others are saying, Colorado Springs is pretty cool.  Or Castle Rock (roughly between the two) and plenty of other places along the Front Range.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:11:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Denver
Atlanta
Dallas/Ft. Worth

Denver is cool if you can get past how every now and then there is a mass murdering school shooting!
*I KID I KID!*  My Uncle lives there and my Aunt in Colorado Springs.  Both places kick ass.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:13:13 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There are great places near Denver so there are plenty of options on the table.  Like others are saying, Colorado Springs is pretty cool.  Or Castle Rock (roughly between the two) and plenty of other places along the Front Range.

Ya I hear ya, but the airport thing has to be pretty close. and I would hate to not be able to drive around in the major city there with my CCW or my AR because some stupid city council.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya I hear ya, but the airport thing has to be pretty close. and I would hate to not be able to drive around in the major city there with my CCW or my AR because some stupid city council.

DIA is WAYYYYYY out East of Denver.  It is easily accessible by a tollroad that you can fucking FLY on.  It's E-470 and it ties into C-470 down to the southeast of metro Denver.  E-470 and C-470 form an almost complete ring around the Denver metro area.  This means that if you lived East, South East or South of Denver metro you could get on E-470 and blaze to DIA no problem.
You could be looking at Parker, Highlands Ranch and any other suburb area around there.

It's easy to be around Denver without being IN Denver...and you can still be close to the airport.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#20]
DFW.......two words..........TEXAS WOMEN........
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:22:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Besides the traffic I would say ATL. I am sure there are quite a few cities in Texas's that would fit your needs.

NE up I 85 out of Atlanta would be good, Barrow or Jackson County.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

DIA is WAYYYYYY out East of Denver.  It is easily accessible by a tollroad that you can fucking FLY on.  It's E-470 and it ties into C-470 down to the southeast of metro Denver.  E-470 and C-470 form an almost complete ring around the Denver metro area.  This means that if you lived East, South East or South of Denver metro you could get on E-470 and blaze to DIA no problem.
You could be looking at Parker, Highlands Ranch and any other suburb area around there.

It's easy to be around Denver without being IN Denver...and you can still be close to the airport.

www.coloradodirectory.com/maps/images/denver.gif

OK I see your point. I should have added that I prefer to live in an area that has a walkable downtown that I would live in as well. I know I am so picky. But I am still going to check out CO next week while on business.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:23:39 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Ya, that is hard to beat... I was in Austin last month and loved the place. going to Dallas in August.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The atlanta area, does this place have a walkable down town with lots of hot womenz??
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:26:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Virginia Beach, VA
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:28:07 AM EDT
[#26]
San Fancisco, CA  
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:29:28 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Virginia Beach, VA

I do like VA quite a bit, I have only been to the Alexandria area. How is VA beach? is it actually affordable though?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
San Fancisco, CA  

for some reason I dont trust this suggestion
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#29]
The Yak, just outside of Libby, MT
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:39:07 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
The Yak, just outside of Libby, MT

what is the Yak?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 10:49:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Its a small self made community DEEP in the moutains in NW MT.
Folks, that don't want to be bothered. A close knit community.
I had a co- worker who made some contacts up there. The concept sounds good on
paper but in reality I could not handle it. They would not accept me anyway.
Some bad ass mofo's up there. Perhaps other MT folks could provide more info.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ya, that is hard to beat... I was in Austin last month and loved the place. going to Dallas in August.

Texas consistently ranks among the most obese states according to the CDC statistics and Colorado is consistently the least obese state.

I have lived in Texas and now I live in Colorado.  My own observations in both places confirm the CDC determination.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:26:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Texas consistently ranks among the most obese states according to the CDC statistics and Colorado is consistently the least obese state.

I have lived in Texas and now I live in Colorado.  My own observations in both places confirm the CDC determination.

I thought the fattest State Was Louisiana?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:31:06 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought the fattest State Was Louisiana?

I wouldn't be surprised.  I was saying Texas is *among* the most obese not *the* most obese.
Colorado has been *the* least obese for a while though except for one year where DC was but if I remember correctly the study made a footnote explaining that it was due to the high number of scrawny, strung out junkies skewing the statistics and in terms of low obesity due to actual health, CO was still the best.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
The atlanta area, does this place have a walkable down town with lots of hot womenz??

What do you mean by walkable exactly?  You can walk anywhere in Atlanta, but I'd advise against 90% of it for safety reasons.  Buckhead would probably be what you're looking for, but forget about living there unless you are rich.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#36]

I knew someone from NOLA. He had two uncles OVER 500 lbs! They grow em'  big there
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Not to hijack but what about Tucson, AZ.  I may be moving there soon.  Looks like a nice place.  I spent about a month there on temporary assignment and liked it.  Good weather, nice airport, lots of amenities.  Of course, a months visit isn't the same as living there.

Am I making a mistake moving there?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#38]
ah.. move to aspen, get you a place in woody creek, or a nice skiin/skiout condo in snowmass fly outta sardee field...

or get you a place in eagle, vail and the general area, fly out of eagle airport...

or .. get you a place in jackson hole (prettiest place i have ever seen) fly outta jackson hole airport.

i live in atlanta, you go live around airport you better get close, love horrible traffic jams or have your own helicopter... the rare times i fly takes me longer to get to the airport than it does to get to my destination.

Link Posted: 3/29/2006 11:44:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Virginia Beach, VA

I do like VA quite a bit, I have only been to the Alexandria area. How is VA beach? is it actually affordable though?

It still is...it really jumped up 2-3 years ago but has since leveled off and became a buyers market again.

I coined a little saying years back about Virginia Beach; it is a nice place to live but I wouldn't want to visit. Meaning, if you live here and know where to go, know where the hot spots are, the nice restaurants and the nice areas of the beach it is a great city. If you show up, stay at the oceanfront with your family, eat at Applebee’s and visit the cheesy t-shirt shops it would probably suck.

ODU is over in Norfolk and William & Mary has a graduate center right here in VB. Norfolk airport is 15 minutes away and there is always something to do outside.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:01:24 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
OK folks, I am getting ready to move pretty soon the place I work is national but I have to be near a fairly large national airport. does not have to be LAX but no puddle jumping either. Now before you click the X in the right corner... I am looking for a specific city recomendation. prefer a place with relatively low crime, good gun laws, good colleges nearby, and a fun place for a 23 yr old that is single due to a evil cheating *****. any suggestions? oh and the housing has to be affordable for some sucker making 48k.

Phoenix AZ

Pretty low crime (depending on what neighborhood)
Can own class 3 weapons, CCW permit, open carry laws
Arizona State University
ASU for fun times, consistently ranked as #1 party school by Playboy and the women wear swimsuits and skimpy clothing 10 months of the year
Sky Harbor Airport (fifth busiest airport in the world)
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:03:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Bloomington, Indiana.   I am headed there myself. It's a short shot to Indianapolis, it's a college town with good medical facilities, and the housing costs are among the cheapest in the country. Indiana is also a great 2nd amendment state.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:16:58 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
i live in atlanta, you go live around airport you better get close, love horrible traffic jams or have your own helicopter... the rare times i fly takes me longer to get to the airport than it does to get to my destination.

That's weird.  I live southwest of Atlanta and come up I-85.  I never have any trouble getting to the airport.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:18:54 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's weird.  I live southwest of Atlanta and come up I-85.  I never have any trouble getting to the airport.

i live north of atlanta, perim and straight in on 75 can be brutal.. the airport itself can be brutal its so big. no experience south of the airport, so maybe thats ok..
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:33:25 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i live north of atlanta, perim and straight in on 75 can be brutal.. the airport itself can be brutal its so big. no experience south of the airport, so maybe thats ok..

I live up in Barrow off I85 NE of ATL.  I go I85 South to I285, take it around to the airport.  No way do I go through downtown so I can get pissed off at all the vehicles with 2 or more people NOT using the HIV lane, clogging up the other lanes, and I cannot legally use the empty HIV lane to pass the dumbasses.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:34:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Phoenix, AZ ?

Doh, guardian beat me to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Central City Park, at 5 Points.  It's been a while since I have been down there, but when I worked downtown, you would get whiplash from jerking your head around trying to check out all the womenz.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:43:54 PM EDT
[#47]
i have heard that atlanta is a pretty dangerous place is this true?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:51:38 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

certain parts if you don't 'fit' you go into them and are never seen again.... whole swaths atlanta the police only visit in large groups.... buckhead can be up town but be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be prepared to dodge nines...

lived 'outside' of atlanta my whole life and like lots of others 'natives' rarely go into atlanta and avoid it if possible.. when i was younger though it was cool to go downtown.. you get older you just wanna stay away..
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:57:02 PM EDT
[#49]
Austin, Texas
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 12:57:16 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

certain parts if you don't 'fit' you go into them and are never seen again.... whole swaths atlanta the police only visit in large groups.... buckhead can be up town but be in the wrong place at the wrong time and be prepared to dodge nines...

lived 'outside' of atlanta my whole life and like lots of others 'natives' rarely go into atlanta and avoid it if possible.. when i was younger though it was cool to go downtown.. you get older you just wanna stay away..

well i am still a pretty young guy and want to be able to enjoy the down town of where ever I live
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top