BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:22:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Call me what you want, but metric is superior.
View Quote

whatever Scrote
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:22:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Physicists Broke The Speed of Light With Pulses Inside Hot Plasma

I did that once, she was really hot. I was too excited. 6 pumps and done.
Should have soaked for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:29:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Physicists Broke The Speed of Light With Pulses Inside Hot Plasma

I did that once, she was really hot. I was too excited. 6 pumps and done.
Should have soaked for a bit.
View Quote

"Hot Plasma" sounds like a trannie stripper name.

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

whatever Scrote
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

whatever Scrote

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#5]
If I was on a spaceship going the speed of light, and walked from the back to the front of the ship, or threw a baseball forward. Or shot a gun from the bow, wouldn't that be moving faster than the speed of light? Dumb question i know,  but one that always bothers me,  usually late when I been drinking
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:33:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
@Capnrob
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:33:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If I was on a spaceship going the speed of light, and walked from the back to the front of the ship, or threw a baseball forward. Or shot a gun from the bow, wouldn't that be moving faster than the speed of light? Dumb question i know,  but one that always bothers me,  usually late when I been drinking
View Quote

Warp speed is some weird shit.

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:33:44 PM EDT
[#8]
?             °              *      ? ?               .              .   ?        ?              ? ? ? ?                  ,      

.             .   ?      .             .

,       .      ????                       ???                   ???? ??????     ????????             .           .             .                 ??????? ???                     ??????? ???                ??????? ??? ?        ,           ??????        ,    ? ? ? ?               .     ?      .             ? ???????????                   °            ,           ??????? ????                .    ?           ?     .             .               *            ?        ????????? ????????       ?       ?     .                  .           .  ?     .     ??      ???     .           .              

°                     ?     .               .   ?  ?? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ,                * .     ?              .           ?             °              *      ? ?               .
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What's a kilometer?  I don't speak metric faggotry
View Quote

N.A.S.A scientists and engineers calculate it to be “like about a kilo worth a meters, or about a mile”.  

You don’t have to be that specific.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 8:44:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's just a theory
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh. It's all pretty consistent with theory.

It's just a theory

"We'll need .fedgov grant money to study this"
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Username/Avatar are appropriate
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 9:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

whatever Scrote
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

whatever Scrote

Well it's superior for some things and inferior for others. Doesn't have to he either or. Just like many other things.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:09:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Depends, hyperspace or warp speed?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:11:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Not being able to exceed the speed of light is viewed as a cornerstone law of physics.  If the report is true and can be duplicated, the universe, in the very long term, may eventually open up to humanity.
View Quote
Meh. I honestly see this as little more than a change of medium, such as the speed of sound is faster in water than air. We SAY that space is a vacuum, but there is shit out there - we just don't know what it is or how to quantify it. We've been playing around with slowing down the speed of light for a long time. It was just a matter of time before someone could demonstrate it moving faster in a novel medium than it can in free air, or a vacuum, or whatever.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:20:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't know,  just say I got a Ford pinto to launch into space,  hit the nitrous around Mars and then somehow accelerated to the speed of light.
Then throw or shoot something forward.  It would then be found faster than the speed of light? No?
But relative to me,  it would be a 65 mile per hour fastball, right?

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:29:30 PM EDT
[#16]
My father always told me that the speed of "thinking or thought" is the fastest speed of travel.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Or even better fukd up example to what bothers me...
If your physically going the speed of light (riding on a photon, spaceship or some shit) and then I point a flashlight forward and turn it on... then that light would be going 2x the speed of light (relative to my start location).
 While relative to me, it would just be lighting my way as usual?  I'd like to know where I'm wrong, or missing something.  Like I said before, dumb questions
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#18]
But are those photons theirs, or sent back in time to make the theory?
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Are these the same "scientists" who crashed the $125 million Mars Climate Orbiter because of the "metric system?"

"Trust the science "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mars_Climate_Orbiter

View Quote
Not reading the requirements caused the orbiter to crash, not the metric system.  
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:38:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Or even better fukd up example to what bothers me...
If your physically going the speed of light (riding on a photon, spaceship or some shit) and then I point a flashlight forward and turn it on... then that light would be going 2x the speed of light (relative to my start location).
 While relative to me, it would just be lighting my way as usual?  I'd like to know where I'm wrong, or missing something.  Like I said before, dumb questions
View Quote
If you are going the speed of light, your flashlight light still travels at the speed of light.  It does not travel at 2x the speed of light.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:43:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I mean, from a physics standpoint wouldn’t that add up?

As in, anything that goes faster than the speed of light would be turned into pure energy. So…..plasma?
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:44:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you are going the speed of light, your flashlight light still travels at the speed of light.  It does not travel at 2x the speed of light.
View Quote
So the light never leaves the lens then? Cause my body is already going the speed of light, it would have to be faster to project a beam
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

about 62 cents
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's a kilometer?  I don't speak metric faggotry

about 62 cents
That don't make scents.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 12:39:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

LoL don't tell the guys in the toolroom that ??
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 3:22:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So the light never leaves the lens then? Cause my body is already going the speed of light, it would have to be faster to project a beam
View Quote
The light reflected off the space ship and from the flashlight would reach a distant observer at the same time.  Really, this is all Einsteinian.  But basically, you can't exceed the speed of light.  Not even from a flashlight held by someone moving at the speed of light.
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The light reflected off the space ship and from the flashlight would reach a distant observer at the same time.  Really, this is all Einsteinian.  But basically, you can't exceed the speed of light.  Not even from a flashlight held by someone moving at the speed of light.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if you’re on a treadmill moving at the speed of light?
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:00:20 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Meh, I'm not buying it.
People used to also think if you broke the sound barrier you'd go back in time or some shit too.  
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:10:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I'm guessing it's either faulty math/measuring, or someone forgot to tell the writer that the speed of light is not constant in different mediums
View Quote

This.

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:11:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

When I was a youngster, I emitted loads and loads of hot plasma to Leela.
Might be where my redhead fetish began.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43974/leela_jpg-2512990.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me know when we have a T.A.R.D.I.S.   and Leela from 1978.

When I was a youngster, I emitted loads and loads of hot plasma to Leela.
Might be where my redhead fetish began.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/43974/leela_jpg-2512990.JPG

Oh yeah.   I will warn you though... DON'T  Google her nsfw from the tv show Tenko... my dad, who got me hooked on Dr Who was recovering from a back surgery at home. . He found Tenko on A&E network... About British women taken captive by the Japanese in WW2.   She had a topless scene... the old man told me to make sure I watched it...and I did... SO disappointing...
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Ah yes.  She helped me discover the joys of being male.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let me know when we have a T.A.R.D.I.S.   and Leela from 1978.

Ah yes.  She helped me discover the joys of being male.

Yup same!!!

Eta: see above though
Link Posted: 9/4/2022 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#32]
I wonder if their engineers can work on a Delorean?  

Link Posted: 9/4/2022 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#33]
The speed of stink is faster than the speed of light and sound.

The is a proven fact.

Farts can be smelled before they are seen or heard. Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top