Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 9:41:56 PM EDT
I just saw it earlier tonight on the local tv news. Apparently he droped his glock and it went off when it hit the ground and shot him in the chest. They said the bullet went thru his chest and out his neck as if it had fired upwards at him. Smells like shit to me.

THe reported said "as he was cleaning his service revolver, a glock 16, he took the mag out but there was still one bullet in the chamber ..." I gotta get me one of those glock 16 revolvers LOL.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:49:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock Cleaning

Step 1: Clear Weapon
Step 2: Pull Trigger, with gun pointed in a safe direction..........
Step 3: Pull down on disassembly bar
Step 4: Pull slide off frame by pushing it forward.........yada yada yada

Order is important in those steps.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#2]
... I was under the impression the Glocks are virtualy impossible to fire if dropped.

... It must have been something else.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like Internal Affairs is gonna need a new officer...
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
... I was under the impression the Glocks are virtualy impossible to fire if dropped.

... It must have been something else.
View Quote

It is impossible to setoff a Glock just by dropping it. The striker is only half cocked until the trigger is pulled. Not to mention the redundant trigger, and drop safety blocks on the striker.

This story is BS. Sometimes stories like these are made up until an investigation can be completed, that is if they suspect it was suicide and want to keep it quiet.

Other errors in this.

No such thing as Glock 16.
Revolvers dont take magazines.
A revolver cannot have a bullet in the chamber.
Bullets dont travel in straight paths once they impact something, So guessing the trajectory by where it went in and where it came out are BS.

Just wait till tomorrow for this one.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 11:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
This sounds like the story about the cop getting shot by his 3 year old son awhile back... little on the "yeah right" side.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 12:54:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Glocks *may* on occasion KB or "setback" if you use bad handloads but they -will not- discharge if dropped. That's the one thing they are still famous for.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 1:16:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A revolver cannot have a bullet in the chamber.
View Quote

Unless you're just correcting their use of language (i.e. "bullet" instead of "cartridge" or "round") I have to ask--just exactly why can't a revolver have a round in one of its chambers?  How else do you propose to load the thing? [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top