Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2006 11:58:37 PM EDT
Anyone have one?  Thoughts?  Dislikes?

Thinking about buying one for my wife.  She recently started drinking coffee, but not enough to justify making a whole pot.  Making it in small batches results in poor flavor.

The only knock I can see is the insane pod refill system.  But a friend said that she found a filter kit at Wally World that allows you to use your own coffee.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:43:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for the New's Years crew...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:46:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I've got something very similiar to this
Love the thing. I dont drink much coffee so dont like making a whole pot, but do enjoy a cup now and again. It was perfect for me as I can make one ro two large cups worth of coffee and not have a whole pot sitting there. In fact, the one I linked to looks better then mine, as mine has 1 spout that splits to fill two cups. This one can brew 2 different types. Nice.
Hell, I might upgrade......

No clue about this Philips Senseo thing you speak of.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#3]
www.senseo.com/en/Senseous

It's a neat little thing, but the item you link to looks just as good.

It was an open and shut case for the Senseo, but now we might have to do a little more shopping.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:06:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
www.senseo.com/en/Senseous

It's a neat little thing, but the item you link to looks just as good.

It was an open and shut case for the Senseo, but now we might have to do a little more shopping.

Mine may have come from QVC, I cant remember for sure. I know it takes the smallest filters you can buy (#2 maybe?) but a larger filter works its just kinda sloppy. Still works though so no worries.

Ok, Item Number K6089 is closer to what i have. Mine uses those exact cups, I figure that model is the updated version of mine.

Nope, here we go. Item Number K118893 is what i have. Only have 2 (minor0 complaints. One, the button on the front has a little green light in it. Mine went out. Dunno why. So every time I push the button I dont know if its on or not and I start pushin it like 3 or 4o times (Hey, I'm a bit out of it in the morning). Other thing is, my cups have a loose plastic bottom so when I wash them in the dish washer waters gets inside them. It only leaks out when you fill it with coffee, so all i do is set a sponge underneath it when I put it in the coffee maker.

Aside from that I really like the unit. Liked it so much I bought one for my father in fact.

On other downside I forgot. My particular model splits one output into 2 cups. Sometimes it isnt always an even split. never had one cup overflow and the other end up empty, but I could see how it *might* happen if your unit wasnt level. Not a deal breaker by any means, but if you dont mind getting a 2 spout brewer like the other ones listed thats one selling point.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 3:46:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Editted to fix links
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:48:05 PM EDT
[#6]
One last try...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 4:52:17 PM EDT
[#7]
I got the black & decker homecafe thing.

makes some really strong coffee

www.buyhomecafe.com/

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 5:02:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had one for a year now, and it's been great!

Quoted:
One last try...

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:52:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Making it in small batches results in poor flavor.

Only if you're using a large coffeemaker.

Personally, I really like the thermal caraffe models - a pot stays fresh for hours, with no scorching. Also, they make it practical to brew one good-sized pot once in the morning, instead of having to make a whole bunch of small pots (or cups) throughout the day.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Got one, love it!   It's saved me quite a bit of dinero as I used to be a Starbuck's junkie!

Presto make a replacement filter which allows you to use regular coffee instead of pods only.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 7:07:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Looked everywhere locally, finally found one.

Using the pods that came with it, making a one cup setting with one pod produced a cup of coffee that was way too strong.

Using one pod for the two cup setting produced a just right cup.

The machine is a little noisy though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:34:48 AM EDT
[#13]
yeah, I started off making 14oz cups with 2 pods, as suggested in the instructions....the result was barely short of espresso.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:42:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I just wonder if the Home Cafe pods will work in the Senseo.

The store was out of the Presto make your own pod for the Senseo.  Going to take a while to find it I'd say.  Seems the Senseo was a popular Christmas gift this year.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#15]
By the title, I thought this was some sort of vibrating device.  Reading is fundamental!  MJD
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:53:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:22:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I just wonder if the Home Cafe pods will work in the Senseo.

The store was out of the Presto make your own pod for the Senseo.  Going to take a while to find it I'd say.  Seems the Senseo was a popular Christmas gift this year.

I think homecafe and senso are the same
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#18]
They don't look the same (pods or machine).
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
They don't look the same (pods or machine).

can you take a pic of the senso pod?

I'll get one of home cafe pods
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:32:29 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Thinking about buying one for my wife.  She recently started drinking coffee, but not enough to justify making a whole pot.  Making it in small batches results in poor flavor.

The only knock I can see is the insane pod refill system.  But a friend said that she found a filter kit at Wally World that allows you to use your own coffee.

I like mine.

Target sells some nice flavors under the "Archer Farms" brand. The AF french roast is better than the Senseo brand pods IMO.

Just so convenient and easy to clean, coffee pods aint bad.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I don't have one but my friend does. It's not bad. Coffee turned out fine.
I would rather not have to buy special filter-packaged coffee because I like to grind whole beans.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:59:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 5:07:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't have one but my friend does. It's not bad. Coffee turned out fine.
I would rather not have to buy special filter-packaged coffee because I like to grind whole beans.

They have the "use your own grind" kit at Amazon.com for $10 here

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#24]
I was just at the supermarket and they're selling maxwell house pods

on the package it said "for homecafe and senso makers" so I'm guessing that all of the pods are interchangeable

related note: This was a Harris Teeters - the Millstone pods were "buy one get one free"
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:42:58 AM EDT
[#25]
All in all, considering how much coffee you can waste when making only one cup - I think the Senseo system is more economical than a standard drip coffee maker.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:44:22 AM EDT
[#26]
We have one. Its great for the person that likes one or 2 GOOD cups of coffee, not someone who drinks a pot for the caffine only. Its lasted the last 6 months with nary a problem.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:04:33 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
can you take a pic of the senso pod?

I'll get one of home cafe pods

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
We have one. Its great for the person that likes one or 2 GOOD cups of coffee, not someone who drinks a pot for the caffine only. Its lasted the last 6 months with nary a problem.

I drink 4-5 cups a day, it works great for me.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:48:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well there ya go... I just dont try to drink that much coffee.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:54:13 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well there ya go... I just dont try to drink that much coffee.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top