Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2001 6:32:58 PM EDT
Gotta vent a bit.
I am extremely pissed off. I live about 50 mins West of Philly. I am self-employed and have been working all day. Just seeing clips from last night on Fox News (Philly station) right now. This makes me sick. It is being reported that the undermanned police force at this event were being kept several blocks away from the looters and other vandals by the crowds. This is one VERY GOOD reason why I will fight to retain my firearms. I could not and will not allow looters to ruin my hard worked for business, my home or my neighbors homes. Transients! Even though I live on the edge of a small town, my "community" is tight.
Not meant to LEO bash, but this also shows that "We the People " are responsible for our welfare. The PD is there for cleanup after the fact.
It is reported that the PPD was totally unprepared for the crowds.
I am near Reading (pronounced Redding) which is supposed to have one of the highest per capita murder rates in the country. It is a pipeline for the drug trade from DC to NY. Build a fence around some of these places with guards and let them finish each other off.
Oh yeah, Sarah Brady, are you gonna protect me? How about you Rosie, can I borrow one of your bodyguards? Think about the common people that don't have access to the perks that you rich people have.

Gun control is keeping all rounds on target...

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.
The great object is that every man be armed. Every man who is able may have a gun."

Patrick Henry,
During Virginia's ratification convention, 1788

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Benjamin Franklin,
Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Spoken well, Grunsau. I agree.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
My father worked in LA during the Watt's riots of 1965 and according to him, the LAPD game plan was to cordon-off the area and not let people out. This was true during the most recent riots as well. There was virtually no police assistence within the areas where the rioting took place. Again, this was also the case last time. Remember the Korean merchants defending their stores?

Moral of the story: When SHTF, the only person you can count on is yourself. You better have a gun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2001 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys. Wasn't sure how I would be perceived. I never drink and drive and try never to post when I am ticked. I was on a roll and found myself at DU so I posted there also. Can't wait to hear the bleeding hearts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top