Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/2/2011 11:40:40 AM EDT
Would he have to retire? Can you have an active duty military guy in charge of the CIA?
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Would he have to retire? Can you have an active duty military guy in charge of the CIA?

He's been in for like 37 or 38 years, I'd imagine that he will have to retire.  Pure speculation though.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:45:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's been in for like 37 or 38 years, I'd imagine that he will have to retire.  Pure speculation though.

Yeah, I'd imagine he would, but would he have to?

Didn't the CIA have an admiral in charge during Klinton's years? Don't remember if he was retired or not.

Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:48:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

He is working for free at this point, its time to retire.

retired generals run the army anyways.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It wouldn't be the first time.  The Constitution, contrary to popular belief, does not require military officers to resign their commissions to hold office.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Doesn't have to.  No law says an active duty military office can't be director of CIA.  At this point I don't think he has to worry too much about up or out.

First four directors were all military.  Plus Turner and Hayden.
Link Posted: 5/2/2011 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#6]

The 1st director was Admiral Hillenkoetter an active duty officer

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top