Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/7/2002 5:05:13 PM EDT
Well me and my big mouth got me into trouble. A friend was getting married and I made mention (VERY JOKINGLY) that I was an ordained minister and could marry people. When her minister fell through at the last minute, they could not find another one in time for the wedding. She called me pleading and begging. I tried to explain that the ULC.ORG ordination, while very real and legal, was actually just a big joke. She said that she didn't care if it was a joke and if it was legal (which it is) she really needed me to come through for her as a friend.

SOOOOOO....... after 4 double Maker's Mark & Cokes, I led them through their vows yesterday evening in front of around 100 people. It was a nice outdoor wedding and the weather was supurb.

What a totally wierd experience.

Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:09:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:12:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Ben, I assume you have the marriage info from ULC... Be sure to register the event with any local municipality as required by law!
AMEN!  

[8D]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:13:25 PM EDT
[#3]
My friend was married by a ULC minister last month, too.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:15:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
How were the tips?
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
SOOOOOO....... after 4 double Maker's Mark & Cokes,
View Quote

Good choice.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
glory be, brother!
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 2:35:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 4:41:09 AM EDT
[#9]
your wife, i could see doing the ceremony...she's sweet! but...but...you?!?!?! gasp!

heheh! good job! post the video.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:32:45 AM EDT
[#10]
I can't believe I did it. It was such a bizarre experience. I guess it's good to "get down off the porch" every now and then and do something completely crazy and out of your norm. But still... very strange.

HELLDOG40..... I agree on the Cokes, however I wanted to pound them quick so I needed a mixer.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:36:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Before long BenDover will be hosting the AR15.com Radio station. and flinging piano's...  Northern Exposure.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:15:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Rev Chimborazo, at your service.

BenDover, did you do this?:

Any ordained or licensed minister of any religious society or congregation within this state may perform marriages. --- Before performing a marriage, ministers must present their ordination credentials to the probate judge of any county. The judge will provide the minister with a license to perform marriages. The minister must then present his license to the probate judge in any county in which he performs a marriage. ---Ministers must send a certificate of marriage to the probate judge of the county which issued the marriage license within 30 days after the marriage. --- For questions see the clerk of the probate court.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I performed one once.  It definitely is a weird experience.
View Quote

I was in one once...  even weirder! [BD]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:34:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Rev Chimborazo, at your service.

BenDover, did you do this?:

Any ordained or licensed minister of any religious society or congregation within this state may perform marriages. --- Before performing a marriage, ministers must present their ordination credentials to the probate judge of any county. The judge will provide the minister with a license to perform marriages. The minister must then present his license to the probate judge in any county in which he performs a marriage. ---Ministers must send a certificate of marriage to the probate judge of the county which issued the marriage license within 30 days after the marriage. --- For questions see the clerk of the probate court.

View Quote

Da
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:35:36 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Before long BenDover will be hosting the AR15.com Radio station. and flinging piano's...  Northern Exposure.

Ben
View Quote

I could do talk radio. I could definately do talk radio.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:00:53 AM EDT
[#18]
I am not a Catholic priest.
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:05:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Hey Bendover,  Then you need to get yourself a server and talk to Goat Boy.. You could play all kinds of different music and host the GUN NUT PROGRAM.. You could interview Eric the Hun, "So tell us hun how did you get to be a hun?" You could sell advertising time to companies like Wilson Combat, etc... It would  be COOL... Call it Radio_AR15 or something. The sky would be the limit.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:08:15 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey Bendover,  Then you need to get yourself a server and talk to Goat Boy.. You could play all kinds of different music and host the GUN NUT PROGRAM.. You could interview Eric the Hun, "So tell us hun how did you get to be a hun?"

Ben
View Quote

Oh I'd do it in a second if the royalty rates for web broadcast music weren't so rediculous. AAAHHH the good ol' days of ShoutCast....

You cheap bastards would never pay a plug nickle for it. Erstwhile, it would already be a done deal.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:19:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Yeah your right Bendover... You would have to advertise... Let me see.. How much would that cost..

You could charge $500.00 / 30 second spot / week run each spot for 7 days, saving saturday and sunday for best of BENDOVER hits... So if you ran 4 commercials and hour that would be 2grand/hour/week..  I think it could be  self supporting Ben.. I really do..

KAR15.COM America's RKBA ROCK&ROLL..

GOOOOOODDD MMMMOOOOORRRRNNNIIINNNGGG AMERICA.
Start off with Credance Clearwater Revival. HELL YEAH>..

WITH STACKS AND STACKS OF THE BEST ON WAX ITS THE BENDOVER SHOW, STARING EVERYONES FAVORITE BENDOVER,,, BENDOVER...

Ben

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:29:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Neat-O!

[img]http://boards.rennlist.com/upload/ordained.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Yeah your right Bendover... You would have to advertise... Let me see.. How much would that cost..

You could charge $500.00 / 30 second spot / week run each spot for 7 days, saving saturday and sunday for best of BENDOVER hits... So if you ran 4 commercials and hour that would be 2grand/hour/week..  I think it could be  self supporting Ben.. I really do..

KAR15.COM America's RKBA ROCK&ROLL..

GOOOOOODDD MMMMOOOOORRRRNNNIIINNNGGG AMERICA.
Start off with Credance Clearwater Revival. HELL YEAH>..

WITH STACKS AND STACKS OF THE BEST ON WAX ITS THE BENDOVER SHOW, STARING EVERYONES FAVORITE BENDOVER,,, BENDOVER...

Ben

View Quote

$500 for a 30 second spot??????? Christ, you can advertise on local primetime TV for less than that.

I don't think it would make any money. I think it would lose an incredible amount of money. Unless of course, we had our own house band who could cover nearly all major artists. Then the mechanical royalties could be eliminated by just paying them a flat salary and BMI/ASCAP on the song publishing rights.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#24]
But can you get your Commercial run 7 times during the week for that same $500.00 ???

Ben
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top