Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2006 6:11:13 PM EDT
NOT SNUGGLE either!
I was in line at the wally wolrd, some foogin mexicano ( not relevant, but part of the story) gets so close that when I moved my arms I'd hit him.
So I move up a bit to give myself some space, CCW and pick poketters, he snugs back up

One lady finishes up and leaves, dude in front of me starts his check out proceedure, I move up to about 2-3 feet from his buggy. God Damned mexican snugs up to me again, this time so close I could smell his bad breath!
I side step as to stand in the center of the registers, he moves to exactly where I was like he will get through that much faster..

Me: Are you in that much a hurry pal?
Him: like a deer in the headlights , no comprende Look
Me: habla inglesh senior?
Him" No habla
Me Fucking dumbass back the fuck off!
Him: he steps back a few.

For the life of me I cannot figure out why people snug up to you in line
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#1]
SUNG UP?

He was just trying to commit crimes that Legal Americans will not commit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:13:14 PM EDT
[#2]
did you check your pockets?  that may be the very reason he was so tight.  i get pretty defensive when people get within arms reach of me when there is no good reason to.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:13:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Maybe he just wanted a hug...
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL, type  O
Hug ? EEEEWWWWWWWWWW
N_T Yes as I am well traversed across this country, I have seen lifters in action so I know WTF to do
I just do get the whole "lemme get close"
Maybe it is my same theroy that  "people shop the way they drive" With their head up their ass
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:33:04 PM EDT
[#5]
ahh come on, someone can explain this to me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:34:09 PM EDT
[#6]
This habit of people bumping their own (usually stupid) threads after a few minutes has got to fucking go.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
People do that when they're trying to pick your pocket, and that's a fact.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:35:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Probably has something to do with cultural definitions of personal space.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:35:36 PM EDT
[#9]
Many cultures have different concepts of "personal space".  Men in some arab countries will get close enough to kills you when they are talking, it's disgusting.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:35:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
This habit of people bumping their own (usually stupid) threads after a few minutes has got to fucking go.

you know, by you complainng, you bump the thread to the top.... just like i just did!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:36:29 PM EDT
[#11]
He had to get close to you to download the information off of the implant.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I just liked that you said "buggy."  I just moved to tejas from the NW, and that was one of the first expressions that i noticed.

Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I just liked that you said "buggy."  I just moved to tejas from the NW, and that was one of the first expressions that i noticed.

Nobody knows WTF a buggy is up there. I went to PA and they looked at me like I'd lost my fookin mind.

About those people, yes they are a pain in the ass. A pretty good rule of thumb for me is that no pair of testicles other than my own are allowed to be within arms reach. It's called my ball room. It's mine for a reason. Women are slightly different, but those not known to me must still give a little space.

Anybody close enough to that I can touch them with my elbows WILL catch an elbow.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 6:52:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody knows WTF a buggy is up there. I went to PA and they looked at me like I'd lost my fookin mind.

About those people, yes they are a pain in the ass. A pretty good rule of thumb for me is that no pair of testicles other than my own are allowed to be within arms reach. It's called my ball room. It's mine for a reason. Women are slightly different, but those not known to me must still give a little space.

Anybody close enough to that I can touch them with my elbows WILL catch an elbow.

BALL ROOM!

I have no idea where the word buggy cam from but i like it
WIkkapedia bound
ETA Found it Link
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:06:34 PM EDT
[#15]
I usually act like I don't notice then I start to turn and take a step back like I'm looking for something knocking myself into them.  Then I just look at them and say "Sorry".    They usually stand a couple feet back after that.  I really don't understand why they have to stand that damn close.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:15:35 PM EDT
[#16]
I am thankful for my bad gas when a space invader gets too close. I'll get my ass right on them so they can feel my butt cheeks flapping when I fart on them. I hate space invaders.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:24:46 PM EDT
[#17]
I just ask them to back the fuck up a little
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:25:39 PM EDT
[#18]
As stated earlier, it's all about culture.  If you look at the population densities for many other countries, the numbers are staggering.   As a result, many of these folks just don't comprehend the fact that you might be uncomfortable with their dick rubbin' your ass cheeks while you stand in a line that has plenty of space for 'breathing room'.  It happens here in the Metro DC area all the time and I freakin' hate it.  I usually just stand to the side of my buggy (cart) if I can, and if not, I stand in front of it and pull it.  
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:25:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I usually act like I don't notice then I start to turn and take a step back like I'm looking for something knocking myself into them.  Then I just look at them and say "Sorry".    They usually stand a couple feet back after that.  I really don't understand why they have to stand that damn close.

+1 works for me too. either that or I turn areound and say "How you doooin"
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Just rub your junk on the guy a little. There is a 90% chance that he will back up.*
*There is a 10% chance that he will smile knowingly.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:28:47 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
People do that when they're trying to pick your pocket, and that's a fact.

I agree...most people want their space and will keep theirs and others, too.

Radar goes hot when someone gets too close.

HH
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:35:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Just run your junk on the guy a little. There is a 90% chance that he will back up.*

Your a sick fucking bastige!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:08:51 PM EDT
[#23]
We have a guy at work from Peru that used to do that. At first I thought it was just a "cultural difference" thing until I started watching him on camera.  He purposely did it to make people uncomfortable and intimidate them.
 Management wouldnt do anything because he was an immigrant with a hearing problem, so they felt that it couldnt be proven that he was doing this to intimidate people. They made every excuse they could on his behalf.  
 He failed to reallize that it only worked on women half his size. He felt that he was untouchable after that and tried it with me, once.
Everytime I see him getting cocky again I just walk by and say "hey poncho, wanna go for another elevator ride?" It's amazing how large his personal space gets after being reminded.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#24]
It's a cultural thing.  We in America, especially those from more rural areas have larger personal spaces than other many other nations.  People from crowded cities have a smaller personal space because they are used to being in large crowds.
It drove me crazy dealing with TCN's. They'd want to get right up in our faces to show us their access badges.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:09:22 AM EDT
[#25]
I see plenty of white people crowd people in line too. Face it in 2006, courtesy and respect for other people are soundly dead practices and have been for quite sometime.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:11:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
SUNG UP?

He was just trying to commit crimes that Legal Americans will not commit.

lol i have never had anyone "snug"  (if that is even the right word for it ) uptome in a store,  maybe i dont smell as good as you,  
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 2:18:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:24:42 AM EDT
[#28]
never thought of the "cultural" side of it

Well I'll say this :
this is America Mother fucker, get away from me !

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:27:45 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
never thought of the "cultural" side of it

Well I'll say this :
this is America Mother fucker, get away from me !

+1000000000000000000000000.   Unless someone is forcing you to stand with your balls in my back, GTF away from me.  I prefer at least 2 feet, but if you smell because in your culture showers are required 1 a month, 12 feet is required.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:47:41 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
We have a guy at work from Peru that used to do that. At first I thought it was just a "cultural difference" thing until I started watching him on camera.  He purposely did it to make people uncomfortable and intimidate them.

My boss (active duty LTC in an office environment) will slide towards someone and lean right in his/her face to get a reaction out of them during a conversation (with softened facial movements and sorta baby-speak voice tone, not a hardass look).  He stops if you indicate you know its just a game or if you do not act intimidated. Once I realized that, I moved towards him during one conversation before he had a chance to do the same to me and he knew the game was up.

Kharn
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#31]
I've seen this happen a few times at our local Wally World here in central Ohio.   Most often by hispanics.  Happened to me a few times.  Politely, but FIRMLY, let them know to BACK OFF  ! ! Always felt they were trying to pick-pocket or something.

Since I CCW (G-19) I always carry my Fox spray too.  Last year I saw a couple of dudes "snug" my 15 year old son.  Placed my Fox in my hand and got between son and them REAL fast  !   About the time I brought my hand up the dudes took off.  

There is NO reason for ANYONE to get that close to me or mine . . . . . just ain't gonna happen  ! !

Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Just run your junk on the guy a little. There is a 90% chance that he will back up.*

MonkTx
I am thankful for my bad gas when a space invader gets too close. I'll get my ass right on them so they can feel my butt cheeks flapping when I fart on them. I hate space invaders.

vanilla_gorilla

Holy crap guys!!!
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:49:39 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Who says "buggy" in Texas? It's a shopping cart.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#34]
I thought a buggy was like a dune buggy...
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:57:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Different cultures have different levels of personal space.

I dunno about Mexicans, but Arabs usually get very close with people.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 10:59:26 AM EDT
[#36]
Just cultural differences in the definition of what is "personal space."

I don't like anyone within 18" of me unless it is somebody I know very well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top