Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/18/2016 2:59:13 PM EDT
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/20161218_Facing_a_wave_of_calls__Pa__electors_sounding_unshakable.html

One elector, Ash Khare, said he and all of the 19 others have been assigned a plainclothes state police trooper for protection.

"I'm a big boy," said Khare, an India-born engineer and a longtime Republican from Warren County, who estimates he receives 3,000 to 5,000 emails, letters, and phone calls a day from as far away as France, Germany, and Australia. "But this is stupid. Nobody is standing up and telling these people, 'Enough, knock it off.' "
View Quote

"I take my job as an elector very seriously, and in Pennsylvania, Donald Trump won," said Mary Barket, a Northampton County resident and president of the Pennsylvania Federation of Republican Women. "So any argument thereafter, especially about the nature of him being a president, is not going to have an effect on me."
View Quote

[Lawrence Tabas, state GOP counsel who's info was given out with electors] said most of the conversations he's had have been respectful. Others have veered off into what he would only call "nasty" territory. He would not give details.
View Quote

All the electors they interviewed basically told the complainers writing, calling, etc. to go pound sand.

They may need to keep the state troopers on for a few weeks after. Some crazy people out there.

Comments to the article are entertaining, as you would expect from Philly area denizens.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:00:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://www.philly.com/philly/news/politics/presidential/20161218_Facing_a_wave_of_calls__Pa__electors_sounding_unshakable.html

One elector, Ash Khare, said he and all of the 19 others have been assigned a plainclothes state police trooper for protection.

"I'm a big boy," said Khare, an India-born engineer and a longtime Republican from Warren County, who estimates he receives 3,000 to 5,000 emails, letters, and phone calls a day from as far away as France, Germany, and Australia. "But this is stupid. Nobody is standing up and telling these people, 'Enough, knock it off.' "
View Quote

"I take my job as an elector very seriously, and in Pennsylvania, Donald Trump won," said Mary Barket, a Northampton County resident and president of the Pennsylvania Federation of Republican Women. "So any argument thereafter, especially about the nature of him being a president, is not going to have an effect on me."
View Quote

All the electors they interviewed basically told the complainers writing, calling, etc. to go pound sand.

They may need to keep the state troopers on for a few weeks after. Some crazy people out there.

Comments to the article are entertaining, as you would expect from Philly area denizens.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:03:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Voter intimidation tactics of the left, as usual.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:04:16 PM EDT
[#3]

But.... Lawrence Lessig said....

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

The progressive terrorists will not succeed.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:07:23 PM EDT
[#5]
Marxists are nuts.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Send the wifey and kids to Grandma's house and invite them all to party.

I don't need a Trooper, just immunity and for everyone else to stay out of the way.  Like any of these whack jobs will do anything to an elector.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:14:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Marxists are nuts.
View Quote

It's still just rich. They tried to pin Trump with the question about if he will accept the election results. Now they are so deranged the electors need personal police protection.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:17:02 PM EDT
[#8]
So the progressives are threatening, among other people, an Indian immigrant for doing his democratic duty. Nice.

Tell me how we're the violent, angry, dangerous ones again?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:21:44 PM EDT
[#9]
It's not terrorism when the left does it.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:29:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Liberal tolerance . How very violent of them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Their BS never changes.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Monday night will the saltier than Nov 8th.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Am I asking too much by wishing for a Jim Jones style mass suicide by the left once this is all over?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 3:50:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Monday night will the saltier than Nov 8th.
View Quote

Maybe.  I doubt even the craziest leftists actually believe that the EC will elect Queen Hillary.  That's just crazy talk.

But still, I am hoping for some delicious salt.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#15]
democrats will never get over this loss

It's going to be an interesting 8 years
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:04:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Am I asking too much by wishing for a Jim Jones style mass suicide by the left once this is all over?
View Quote
Mind-dead sycophants that they are, they'd much rather see the fruition of having us in a gulag -- they're too narcissistic to give up on that obsession. 
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Having a government official(s) provide contact information for the electors should be a crime.

"Tabas said state officials this year gave out contact information for all 20 electors. In his case, that included his work and cell phones, his work email, and his home address."
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:15:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So the progressives are threatening, among other people, an Indian immigrant for doing his democratic duty. Nice.

View Quote

Well to be fair they are including everyone in thier hate.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:17:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
View Quote
Those emails and letters would be the first REAL evidence of foreigners interfering with the election.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:18:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Send the wifey and kids to Grandma's house and invite them all to party.

I don't need a Trooper, just immunity and for everyone else to stay out of the way.  Like any of these whack jobs will do anything to an elector.
View Quote

Some people have all the fun
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:23:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Having a government official(s) provide contact information for the electors should be a crime.

"Tabas said state officials this year gave out contact information for all 20 electors. In his case, that included his work and cell phones, his work email, and his home address."
View Quote

It's been a long standing claim in GD  that ALL govt employee  information should be publicly provided to anyone for any reason.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Looking forward to a Hitllary 4th loss.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:26:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember both times when Obama won, that electors had to receive police protection

or maybe even go into hiding?  You don't?  Me neither.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:29:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Can we have a law the makes wearing a Che Shirt within 25 feet of an Elector probable cause to shot them dead?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Two thoughts:

1.  This is exactly why so many of us carry a gun.

2.  Think about what it would be like if an elector actually was harmed!  How would the MSM spin that?
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:37:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Absolutely necessary in the state  that gave us our first labor riots

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:39:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can we have a law the makes wearing a Che Shirt within 25 parsecs of an Elector probable cause to shot them dead?
View Quote

Fify
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Two thoughts:

1.  This is exactly why so many of us carry a gun.

2.  Think about what it would be like if an elector actually was harmed!  How would the MSM spin that?
View Quote

Well, it's tragic, but the elector brought this upon himself.  He had the chance to right this

wrong and elect Hillary.  Instead he chose literally Hitler.  That can't be allowed to stand.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 5:43:10 PM EDT
[#29]
If I were a delegate and I received a letter from a leftist weenie, I'd send back a photo copied picture of my ass saying pound sand. Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top