Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/5/2003 6:56:06 PM EDT
Pen pistols like the stinger are legal but are they any good?  Also I once saw reference to an air force issue one that was a 22 lr and a flare gun.  Are there any other brands that are legal to get and where do you get them?

Thanks
Section Leader
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 6:59:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Seems like they would be a good last ditch back-up. They are covered under NFA laws though, and for about the same weight , you could carry a Kel-Tec P-32.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 7:54:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The pen gun that folds in half is legal.

It must be in a (use your imagination) pistol shape to fire.

They work.  No sights though.  

I carried one a few years ago while delivering pizzas as a student.

You can hit with it.  I'd practice on gallon paint cans at about 15 feet.

Some states require you to qualify with which ever pistol you plan on carrying, which could be a problem.  I supose you could clamp on some kind of sight just to qualify though.

It is a little heavy.  Someone should make a polymer version.

Personally, I like it.  It slips in a pocket without resembling a gun.

Shoot once, turn and run like hell!
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#3]
If your talking about the ones that fold like a real pistol, I read a report that said they had a major flaw, in that when you open them to reload, the gun gets cocked, & you have to put a bullet into a cocked weapon. It sounded really dangerous, but I don't accurately remember exactly how it was bad 100%. Sorry
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Bullet-into-cocked-weapon:

Most popular pistols are like this anyhow...

When the slide is pushing the new round in, the gun is allready cocked (as opposed to a bolt action rifle (i.e. K98) that cocks when you close the bolt).
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 8:54:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Not so.  The barrel unscrews and is removed to load.  It can be removed in open or closed positions.

The gun cocks when folding it open and uncocks when closing.

Also, an automatic firing pin block engages on closing and must be manually rotated after opening for the gun to fire.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 9:55:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Those AOW pen pistols look near useless and like a good bit of fun to play with.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 10:26:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Those AOW pen pistols look near useless and like a good bit of fun to play with.
View Quote

Kind of like the NAA mini-22 (1in barrel .22mag revolver)
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 12:10:24 AM EDT
[#8]
I've been thinkig about scoping one, but keep getting strange looks when I ask about mounts for it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 1:04:32 AM EDT
[#9]
To the whole scope thing, on the stinger pen pistol web site there is an extended barrell with a scope..... others must purchase it also.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm waiting for the one with the detachable 10-round mag and bayonet lug.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 4:51:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've been thinkig about scoping one, but keep getting strange looks when I ask about mounts for it.
View Quote

[img]http://stingerpengun.com/images/bigfamily.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:19:30 AM EDT
[#12]
[lolabove] That sure seems to defeat the purbose.IMHO, anyway I did read a review on the web somewhere that was unflattering. Like I said earlier, I just can't remember how to explain it. I was thinking of getting one for the novelty of it until I read the review on it.
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:29:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Serbu Firearms makes an AOW one and a suppressor for it

[img]http://www.serbu.com/buttmaster1s.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.serbu.com/ccans2.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 5/6/2003 5:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
LOL !!

[img]http://www.serbu.com/buttmaster1s.jpg[/img]

Love the name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top