Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2023 7:16:49 AM EDT
Hey guys

So I recently renovated the master bath and I skim coated the wall where the old glued on mirror used to be.  I vacuumed and tack clothed the wall before priming with Benjamin Moore fresh start (tinted grey) then painted with Aura bath and spa

Prime and paint was about a week and a half ago.  

I noticed that yellow frog tape pull paint in areas were I compounded.  My concern is that I had a new mirror put in the place of the old mirror and although there is a j channel in the bottom for support I’m worried that the mirror would pull from the wall.

Also,  I fixed some nail holes I made the day before the new mirror install and used a heat gun and paint same day.  These was in a few small spots behind where the new mirror sits.

What do you all think?
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
If that bottom rail doesn't have a mechanical fastener I'd be worried too.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:26:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If that bottom rail doesn't have a mechanical fastener I'd be worried too.
View Quote

The bottom rail is screwed into 4 studs, the top rail is just glued in place for looks.  Also, maybe in my favor, the wall isn’t plumb by an 1/8 of an inch or so inward as you move up the wall
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 8:30:59 AM EDT
[#3]
You're probably fine.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 10:41:55 AM EDT
[#4]
one or two small mirror clips would help you sleep at night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top