Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2005 4:47:22 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#1]
there are places like that here, you can have a chef come out and do it instead,  I look at it this way, if I pay for food at a restraunt, I'm going to be so lazy I'm not even going to put my own pepper on my food
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 4:50:51 PM EDT
[#2]
The missus talked me into going to the Melting Pot once. I was as hungry when I left as when I got there. Thankfully there was a Sbarro pizza place right across the road.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have some friends who think going to a restaurant and cooking your own steak is great fun; and you can pay too much for some beer while you cook.

I think they are freaking defective and I won't do it.

Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I never understood those places either.  It's kind of like those f**kin self checkout lines at Wal-Mart and the grocery store.  I'll start working there when I get paid to.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The missus talked me into going to the Melting Pot once. I was as hungry when I left as when I got there. Thankfully there was a Sbarro pizza place right across the road.

Melting pot kicks ass. And you didn't get full? How the heck not. I always fill up. The cheese fondue kicks arse and the sprout salad aint bad at all.

Bit high, last time I went it was $85 for two people. But worth it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:26:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I never understood those places either.  It's kind of like those f**kin self checkout lines at Wal-Mart and the grocery store.  I'll start working there when I get paid to.

The self checkout is a great idea, when you have one item and just want to get out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#7]
There is (Was?) a place near Colonnis Shipyard in Norfolk, VA called the Grate Steak where you could either cook your own or have it done for you.

I LOVED the place! They had the BEST BEEF in the area! You went to the reefer and picked your own.

The fire was PERFECT, and the rest of the meal (tater, veggies, salad) was catered and excellent.

I LOVED the place because EVERY SINGLE steak I ate there was done PERFECTLY.

Why? I did it myself.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:41:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Originally Posted By piccolo

Why? I did it myself.

Mine too, I do it at home

I hate restaurants and only eat in them when forced to.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Originally Posted By piccolo

Why? I did it myself.

Mine too, I do it at home

I hate restaurants and only eat in them when forced to.

FWIW, I was supervising the work done on the boat i was working on while they were in the shipyard.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:45:42 PM EDT
[#10]
I guess if you are from out of town on business, it wouldnt be too bad.
Why not just head to down to  a good butcher shop, buy the damned steak and throw it on the grill?

Link Posted: 2/26/2005 6:49:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I will drop big $$$ every once and awhile (like tonight ) to go and have someone else cook my steak perfect. If you want good steak, you just have to know where to look.

Cook my own food out and pay extra, no way.
Link Posted: 2/26/2005 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#12]
FUck Fondu!

You gotta wait there for a couple minutes to get a few cubes of meat out of some hot juice.

Eff that.

I want my meat cooked, big, and NOW.

(not in a gay way)
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Not at a steak place, especially with the wife.  You go away and let her sit and stew waiting for you and her meal .  (oooh, not a good thing)  You cook for both of you  (hmm same as the last one, and worse if you don't get heers absolutely perfect and YOU WON")  You let them cook it?  (wasting money)

Now at an all you can eat Korean BBQ where you all sit around the same table while you are doing it and experimenting, that can be fun.  Bulgogi, shrimp, scallops,  pork chops, a little kimchee in several varieties.
Link Posted: 2/27/2005 12:32:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Korean BBQ.....you come out smelling like oil....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top