Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/24/2003 7:10:03 PM EDT
I'm thinking about getting my first tattoo and have a few questions.  

1) Where do you get your designs from?
I'm looking for an American flag design tattooed over my heart and havent found that many good sources on the internet for designs.

2) How much am I looking to pay for a 4x4 inch tattoo?

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Keving67
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 7:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Look here in the internet for designs and ideas.
and make sure you take your time deciding what you want on you body for the rest of your life.
As far as the price, let your artist decide what he or she think's is fair.
Never negotiate the price you are given. Ive been told that tip's are also appreciated, as tattoo artist's really dont make much on there profession.

Fenster.
Link Posted: 11/24/2003 8:21:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking of a new tatoo also.  I'm USNR and was thinking something like my rating insignia but modified or combined with something else.

I'm thinking since I'm Aviation Ordnance and am gonna shoot for Air Crew in the near future.  I could use the winged flaming bomb but replace the bomb with a skull wearing a WWI or II type flight helmet and goggles and under that instead of crossbones I would have a crossed set of weapons consisting of a torpedo and a missile?  Whatcha all think?
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:29:26 AM EDT
[#3]
My son has a very nice ameican flag on his chest.
I will try to get a pic when he gets home from school.
Link Posted: 11/25/2003 3:35:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Tattoos are charged by the hour, so just going by the size isn't going to help.  The complexity of the design will determine how long it takes, and therefore the cost.  The tattooist will look at your design, guestimate how long that will take him to do, and charge you accordingly.  $100/hr is about average.

Pick your tattoo shop carefully.  Don't pick a design off their wall.  The best way is to take something in that's the general idea of what you want, and have the tatooist draw up something custom.  He'll make sure the design is a good one for tattoing.  Things will too much small-scale detail will eventually bleed together and not look very good.

Here are a couple of my patriotic tattoos
[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18107/p/328915_1281014639370617422_v.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18107/p/328916_2153703078869396789_v.jpg[/img]

this one's a shitty photograph, but the tattoo is of a B-24 flying through the clouds
[img]http://www.digitalpose.com/mbr/1/18107/p/387324_3844592691958150775_v.jpg[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top