Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/13/2005 8:21:51 AM EDT
One Christmas Eve, a frenzied young man ran into a pet shop looking for an unusual Christmas gift for his wife. The shop owner suggested a parrot, named Chet, which could sing famous Christmas carols.

This seemed like the perfect gift. "How do I get him to sing?" The young man asked, excitedly.

"Simply hold a lighted match directly under his feet like this," was the shop owner's reply. Chet began to sing "Jingle Bells! Jingle Bells! .

The shop owner then held another match under the parrot's right foot. Then Chet's tune changed, and the air was filled with "Silent Night, Holy Night..."

The young man was so impressed that he paid the shop-keeper and ran home as quickly as he could with Chet under his arm. When the wife saw her gift she was overwhelmed. "How beautiful!" She exclaimed, "Can he talk?"

"No," the young man replied, "But he can sing. Let me show you."

So the young man whipped out his lighter and placed it under Chet's left foot, as the shop-keeper had shown him, and Chet crooned, "Jingle Bells! The man then moved the lighter to Chet's right foot, and out came, "Silent Night. Holy Night..."

The wife, her face filled with curiosity, then asked, "What if we hold the lighter between his legs?" The man did not know. "Let's try it." He answered, eager to please his wife.

So they held the lighter between Chet's legs. Chet twisted his face, cleared his throat, and sang out loudly (like it was the performance of his life) "Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire...."

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:12:19 AM EDT
[#1]
male birds have nuts?
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:33:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Good one!
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:37:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Any joke with a singing parrot named Chet:  

The punchline:

Made me laugh.  Dunno if I am proud of that.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 11:38:35 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
male birds have nuts?

I've never been that interested to look but it's a fucking joke OK?

Some people checked their sense of humor at the door I guess.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump for the night crew.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:43:00 PM EDT
[#7]
That joke is older than dirt. Thanks for helping me remember it.
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:55:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Old, but still funny.

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:19:32 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
male birds have nuts?

Internally
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 6:30:56 PM EDT
[#12]
A burglar broke into a house late at night after the residents had left to go to a Christmas party. As he was approaching the entertainment center, he suddenly heard a warbly voice behind him say, "Jesus is watching you!"

Whirling around, he shone his flashlight all over trying to locate whoever had just spoken. He saw nothing. Shrugging it off, he returned to his work of unplugging the DVD player. He had just gotten it unplugged and was putting it in his sack when the warbly voice repeated, "Jesus is watching you!"

He whirled around again and this time his light revealed- a parrot. "Was that you talking?", he asked. "Sure was," replied the parrot, "I just wanted to warn you that Jesus is watching."

Amused now, the burglar asked, "Are you Jesus?" "No," replied the parrot, "I'm Moses. Jesus is the 300lb Rotweiler."

A stage magician had just snagged a job on a cruise ship and was pleased with himself for getting such a lucrative job. The only downside was the captain's parrot, who sat on stage and kept shouting out how he did each trick.

"It's in his sleeve! It's under the table! He marked the card!"

It frustrated him having the parrot spoil how he did everything for the audience, and he repeatedly asked the captain to keep his parrot from watching the show and seeing how everything worked. The captain thought it was funny and refused to do anything about it.

Several days into the cruise, however, the ship struck an unmarked reef and began taking on water. Everyone scrambled for the life boats as the ship sank. The magician barely managed to snag a spot in the last life boat before the ship went down entirely. Amongst the passengers and crew with him in the lifeboat was the captain's parrot.

After several days of floating at sea without rescue, the people in the lifeboat sat motionless and silent, conserving their energy. Finally, the captain's parrot broke the silence by saying, "Okay, I give up. Where'd the ship go?"

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:52:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 8:54:59 PM EDT
[#14]
that's an oldie.  I remember that one clear back in grade school.  
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:01:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A burglar broke into a house late at night after the residents had left to go to a Christmas party. As he was approaching the entertainment center, he suddenly heard a warbly voice behind him say, "Jesus is watching you!"

Whirling around, he shone his flashlight all over trying to locate whoever had just spoken. He saw nothing. Shrugging it off, he returned to his work of unplugging the DVD player. He had just gotten it unplugged and was putting it in his sack when the warbly voice repeated, "Jesus is watching you!"

He whirled around again and this time his light revealed- a parrot. "Was that you talking?", he asked. "Sure was," replied the parrot, "I just wanted to warn you that Jesus is watching."

Amused now, the burglar asked, "Are you Jesus?" "No," replied the parrot, "I'm Moses. Jesus is the 300lb Rotweiler."

A stage magician had just snagged a job on a cruise ship and was pleased with himself for getting such a lucrative job. The only downside was the captain's parrot, who sat on stage and kept shouting out how he did each trick.

"It's in his sleeve! It's under the table! He marked the card!"

It frustrated him having the parrot spoil how he did everything for the audience, and he repeatedly asked the captain to keep his parrot from watching the show and seeing how everything worked. The captain thought it was funny and refused to do anything about it.

Several days into the cruise, however, the ship struck an unmarked reef and began taking on water. Everyone scrambled for the life boats as the ship sank. The magician barely managed to snag a spot in the last life boat before the ship went down entirely. Amongst the passengers and crew with him in the lifeboat was the captain's parrot.

After several days of floating at sea without rescue, the people in the lifeboat sat motionless and silent, conserving their energy. Finally, the captain's parrot broke the silence by saying, "Okay, I give up. Where'd the ship go?"

Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:14:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 9:32:53 PM EDT
[#17]
tag
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:41:47 AM EDT
[#18]
My African Grey is not that funny, but funny. He coughs, farts, yells FUCK, beeps and rings like my Nextel phone!  PLays dead bird also.

Bob
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:56:05 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
My African Grey is not that funny, but funny. He coughs, farts, yells FUCK, beeps and rings like my Nextel phone!  PLays dead bird also.

Bob

I have some friends who own a restaurant and they have a parrot they keep in the office.
He got so good at imitating the distinctive phone ring that they had to change phones systems.
They never realized he would just learn the new one, funny as hell watching people run for the phone. I think the parrot knew it and was entertaining himself LOL
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
male birds have nuts?

no, but they do have testies
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Forwarded from a Canadian friend of mine...

There will be no Nativity Scene in the Nation's Capital this year !

The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene in Ottawa
this Christmas season.

This isn't for any religious reason, they simply have not been able to find
three wise men and a virgin in the Nation's Capitol.

There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 9:41:52 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Bob

You have GOT to post a vid of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top