Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2005 9:22:31 AM EDT
My six year old will eat fish over ANYTHING. This kid would rather have a slab of fish than a burger, or french fries. When we were on a cruise in September all she ever ordered for breakfast lunch and dinner was fish... fish fish fish fish!

Smoked Salmon? PILE THAT ON!!

She wil eat a can of sardines in one sitting, same with Tuna... straight out of the can.

Whereas my oldest... fuggetaboutit!! she is like most kids.. keep fish away from her!

I dont get it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know about that, but I like pie.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Kids are differant.

Whats the hard part?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:27:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't worry doc she'll get tired of fish sooner or later
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:32:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Seriously....is she an Eskimo???

I've heard of em mowing fish sticks but sardines???

I suspect she just has a unique set of taste buds.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:32:51 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Don't worry doc she'll get tired of fish sooner or later

Actually I hope she wont. Its cool that she does because my wife and I like seafood but where I am getting at is that MOST kids HATE fish... this kid craves it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#6]
My son has gone through many different taste preferences.  Things he could not get enough of 5 years ago, he detests today, and vice-versa, course, mac-n-cheese is still a favorite.

From what I have observed almost all children go through incredible swings in tastes as they grow.  Just learn to "ride the wave" dad.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:36:50 AM EDT
[#7]
watch out for mercury poisoning.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#8]
My kids love fish , never tried sardines though But then again my wifes side has fishing in their blood.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:41:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

+1

fish is very healthy in reasonable quantities, but too much can be unhealthy.  you might want to do a search online to find what types of fish generally have the least mercury, and then encourage your child to eat those types.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:42:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Uhhh... That isn't an issue anymore. Many studies have been done. Just an old issue that seems to stay alive, like an urban legend...  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:44:27 AM EDT
[#11]
make sure you monitor her mercury intake
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uhhh... That isn't an issue anymore. Many studies have been done. Just an old issue that seems to stay alive, like an urban legend...  

yyyyyy.y..y.yy..yyyyyyy...yyyyyyyoo...........oooooooooo.......uuuuuuu..........ss..ss..s.s.s.s.sssss.s.ss.SSSs...sss...aaa.aaaaaaaa....aaaaaaa.a.a.aa.y.yyyyy.. ...t.tttt...t.t.t.t.t.ttth...h.h..h..h.h....a.aa.a....a....ttt..tt..t.......n......o.....o.o.oo.oo.o.o.....w.w..w.ww.ww.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:46:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Sardines and chilled vodka, neat, are delicious I must say.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 9:55:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yyyyyy.y..y.yy..yyyyyyy...yyyyyyyoo...........oooooooooo.......uuuuuuu..........ss..ss..s.s.s.s.sssss.s.ss.SSSs...sss...aaa.aaaaaaaa....aaaaaaa.a.a.aa.y.yyyyy.. ...t.tttt...t.t.t.t.t.ttth...h.h..h..h.h....a.aa.a....a....ttt..tt..t.......n......o.....o.o.oo.oo.o.o.....w.w..w.ww.ww.....
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:45:20 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Ummm no vodka for her though!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:05:42 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ummm no vodka for her though!!!

What's wrong with Vodka????

My eldest eats Calamari...he has NO IDEA what it is though. I've threatened people with death...if the boy knew it was squid, I'd NEVER get him to try anything new!
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 12:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wall Street Journal just ran an article a few months ago.  According to them, it's as much of an issue today as it has been in the past.  Albacore tuna has some of the highest levels,  pollock (used to make fish sticks) the lowest.

We took an interest because all my son has eaten for the last five years, one serving a day, is Fisher Boy brand fish sticks.  Can't be anything but Fisher Boy...  Still waiting for this stage to end.

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top