Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 8:16:20 AM EDT

050802-N-0685S-002 San Diego, Calif. (Aug. 02, 2005) – Sailors stationed aboard the newly commissioned guided missile destroyer USS Halsey (DDG 97) homeported in San Diego, receive autographs from actress Pamela Anderson. Anderson visited the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer to present the USO with a $150,000 check from a variety of entertainment companies. The ship was named after U.S. Naval Academy graduate Fleet Adm. William "Bull" Halsey Jr., who commanded South Pacific Force and South Pacific Area during World War II. Halsey is capable of fighting air, surface and subsurface battles simultaneously and the ship contains a number of offensive and defensive weapons designed to support maritime defense needs well into the 21st century. U.S. Navy Photo by Photographer’s Mate 3rd Class Jo A. Wilbourn Sims (RELEASED)

USS Halsey, USO Host Pamela Anderson
Story Number: NNS050804-07
Release Date: 8/4/2005 2:53:00 PM

By Journalist Seaman Joseph Caballero, Fleet Public Affairs Center, Pacific

SAN DIEGO (NNS) -- Television star Pamela Anderson presented a $150,000 check from FOX Home Entertainment to the United Services Organization (USO) Aug. 2 aboard the Navy’s newly-commissioned Arleigh Burke-class guided-missile destroyer USS Halsey (DDG 97).

The FOX donation, raised from its DVD sales of classic war films, commemorates the upcoming 60th anniversary of America’s victory over Japan during World War II. The USO, a non-profit organization, will use the donation in its efforts to provide morale, welfare and recreation opportunities to Sailors and their families.

Halsey was commissioned July 30 and is named after the legendary World War II hero Fleet Adm. William F. Halsey, who witnessed the end of World War II with the Japanese surrender aboard the battleship USS Missouri (BB 63).

“I don’t think there’s a better place to do this ceremony than on the USS Halsey because 60 years ago on V-J Day, Halsey spurred that whole effort,” said Halsey’s Commanding Officer, Cmdr. James L. Autrey. “It’s also an honor to recognize the USO, and having Pamela Anderson on board truly boosted morale.”

The crew stood silently in ranks to catch a glimpse of the TV star. After the USO presentation, Anderson spent about an hour visiting with Sailors and signing autographs.

“It was nice to have her come through and show her support,” said Seaman Josue Jara, a deck seaman aboard Halsey. “A couple days ago, we had a great commissioning ceremony. To follow it up with something like this is tremendous.”

As a big supporter of the Navy, Anderson said she was thrilled to be on the ship. Since it was Anderson’s first time on a destroyer, crew members took her on a tour of the ship.

“I was very excited,” Anderson said. “And I would just like all the Sailors out there (in the fleet) to know that we love them and think about them constantly. They are in our thoughts and prayers.”

For more news from around the fleet, visit www.news.navy.mil/index.asp

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:17:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Rode Hard, Put up Wet.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Rode Hard, Put up Wet.  

Man, i bet them sailors were very happy to see her!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Surprised they're using Patton as the movie for the event. Would have thought something a little more nautical might be more apropros.

NTM
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:24:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#5]
"House Calls"
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:32:55 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:36:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

She loves Semen.

Tru Dat.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:38:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Surprised they're using Patton as the movie for the event. Would have thought something a little more nautical might be more apropros.

NTM

Like the "Nautical" movie that Pam made with her Ex on that yacht...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:39:05 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NTM

Like the "Nautical" movie that Pam made with her Ex...

She does have built-in flotation devices.......
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:52:16 AM EDT
[#10]
I would NOT hit that...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:53:51 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I would NOT hit that...

HepABCDEFG......
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:04:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would NOT hit that...

HepABCDEFG......

frickin loser touching that pen would certainly bring diasease at the leastACK!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:24:04 AM EDT
[#13]
skank !!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:35:45 AM EDT
[#14]
You know, it is nice that she's visiting the sailors and helping out the USO. You guys could at least have some respect for that.  She could be using her voice to hate them, after all. And she'd get more press for doing that.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You know, it is nice that she's visiting the sailors and helping out the USO. You guys could at least have some respect for that.  She could be using her voice to hate them, after all. And she'd get more press for doing that.

Despite her being a walking petri dish, I'd have to say +1. She's doing a hell of a lot more than 99% of the scumbags in Hollyweird.

ETA: Did they give PATTON away free or something?
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
skank !!!!

Personal feelings aside this is a celebrity who is actually supporting our armed forces.

I'd rather hang out with Pam than many others.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:51:10 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah, as you guys have said, at least she's out supporting the troops.

And SteyrAUG, if that's all that's left to hang out with, I'd still pass.

And she was so damn cute in her original Centerfold.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:52:58 AM EDT
[#18]
Hey! Why's she wearing a Mae West.

Oh..  nevermind.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yeah, as you guys have said, at least she's out supporting the troops.

And SteyrAUG, if that's all that's left to hang out with, I'd still pass.

And she was so damn cute in her original Centerfold.

I'd hang out and talk to her.

Not gonna drink out of the same glass or anything.

But I bet she's interesting to talk to.

And yeah, used to be really cute. Too damn bad she hooked up with a Hepatitis infected loser.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
skank !!!!

Personal feelings aside this is a celebrity who is actually supporting our armed forces.

I couldn't agree more... But, she is still a skank.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 1:57:38 PM EDT
[#21]
... IIRC, she has a rather huge pussy
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Or you have a small dick....    But, hey, at least you fucked her.

I thought her genetailia was rather tidy.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#23]
She's doing the right thing by helping with morale.  I just hope those Navy guys know she has STD's.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:21:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Can you IM me a pic?  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

+1 , Give her a break. I wish more of the Hollyweird types would realize their freedom to "be" depends on the Sailors,Soldiers Airmen & Marines. Sure she has a past, but she is an American, a  Mother and appearently a patriot.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#26]
Bet there was a lot of extra seamen running around on that boat that night.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:33:30 PM EDT
[#27]
She came out to the USS Stennis with Kid Rock back in 2002.
BFD.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:38:46 PM EDT
[#28]
With her flotation, that's a girl that'll never drown.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

You have to give her credit for that
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:11:54 PM EDT
[#30]
why do they just mention her as a television star?  She's a movie star, too -- haven't you guys seen Barb Wire?

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Yup+1!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:05:32 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you IM me a pic?  

Damn guys...

I never got that IM...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:09:54 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can you IM me a pic?  

Damn guys...

I never got that IM...

... Here guys, dang

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#34]
She is PETA's spokesperson.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top