Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/13/2002 7:19:18 AM EDT
MSNBC is reporting the powerful United Nations Security Council has passed a "UNITED STATES' drafted resolution calling for a Palestinian State.

The resolution "Affirms a vision of a Palestinian state living side-by-side with Israel within secure and recognized borders."

Of great importance: "...the United States is prepared to provide monitors."

Israel is quoted as...."Uncomfortable with International interference."

(Sharon has finally, finally Schitt in his own scrambled eggs.)

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:25:52 AM EDT
[#1]

From a related FOXNEWS Story:
JERUSALEM — An Israeli lawmaker who survived the Nazi Holocaust expressed outrage Tuesday over Israeli troops writing identification numbers on the foreheads and forearms of Palestinian detainees awaiting interrogation during an army sweep of a West Bank refugee camp.
View Quote

Also from UN Resolution:
 Syria abstains from vote.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:30:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The resolution "Affirms a vision of a Palestinian state living side-by-side with Israel within secure and recognized borders."

View Quote

"Affirms a vision"?

Wow.
What powerful and decisive language!

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

From a related FOXNEWS Story:
JERUSALEM — An Israeli lawmaker who survived the Nazi Holocaust expressed outrage Tuesday over Israeli troops writing identification numbers on the foreheads and forearms of Palestinian detainees awaiting interrogation during an army sweep of a West Bank refugee camp.
View Quote

Also from UN Resolution:
 Syria abstains from vote.

View Quote

14-0 with Syria abstaining.  I too thought that curious but saw no explanation for Syria's decision ??
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#4]
A big strike against the Bush administration (likely due to the influence of Secretary Powell, IMO).  The Palestinian Authority sends over hordes of suicide bombers and we respond with a resolution of support for them and pressure on Israel. [>:/]

-kill-9
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:39:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

"Affirms a vision"?

Wow.
What powerful and decissive language!
View Quote

"Affirms a vision ?"

I don't have a clue as to what that means in diplomatic speak but I believe something is likely to happen as apparently the United States both drafted the proposal and shockingly - at least to me - seems prepared to provide monitors.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:40:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
A big strike against the Bush administration (likely due to the influence of Secretary Powell, IMO).  The Palestinian Authority sends over hordes of suicide bombers and we respond with a resolution of support for them and pressure on Israel. [>:/]

-kill-9
View Quote

I agree, its too bad this world is full of pussies in power.  I say the Israel should be left to its own devices and let them work things out.  Does anyone actually believe that an imposed peace and nation will work in the long run?  
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:43:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Next they'll "affirm a vision" of a world without hunger, world peace, and 100% literacy.

NOTHING will stop the Palestinians from trying to kill Jews.
Not even their own state.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:43:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

-kill-9
View Quote

kill-9,
and the Israeli's send over American taxpayer purchased bulldozers, helicopters, tanks, etc.

The policies of the past clearly have not worked for either Israel or the Palestinians.

The time has well passed to try other policies for the good of both sides.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:44:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The Palestinian Authority sends over hordes of suicide bombers and we respond with a resolution of support for them and pressure on Israel. [>:/]

-kill-9
View Quote

I have similar feelings. What kind of message does this send to these terrorists? "Hey, bomb us and we will give in to your demands!"  (!?!)

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:46:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I wonder when the world comunity will finally figure out apeasment dosn't work?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Does anyone actually believe that an imposed peace and nation will work in the long run?  
View Quote

Thankfully you state "...in the long run."

Yes I do belive an imposed peace will work in the long run.

Countries, companies and individuals seldom fight when their economies are inter twined.

It has been a good while since we fought with either Canada or Mexico.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#12]
That's what comes with victory and strength.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 7:56:56 AM EDT
[#13]
The Palestinians were offered this very thing several years ago by the Israeli's themselves and outright rejected it and responded with more terror attacks.  That is why Sharon is PM now, because appeasement got the Israeli's more attacks and the Israeli people had had enough and elected the hawkish Sharon.  Does it kind of remind you of Chamberlain and Churchhill?  I don't remember the exact wording, but someone once said something about those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it.  In other words, if you appease viscious people, it will get you killed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:01:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Maybe they are pushing this through the council and therefore making it official that Palestine doesn't want a Palestinian State. Such as it has been offered, but has been rejected. In that Case I see how it is possible that Syria would abstain.  Yes, I am quite sure this is a setup so that the US can prove to the world community that Palestine indeed DOes not want a Palestinian state, merely the destruction of Jews.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:04:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Palestinian Authority sends over hordes of suicide bombers and we respond with a resolution of support for them and pressure on Israel. [>:/]

-kill-9
View Quote

I have similar feelings. What kind of message does this send to these terrorists? "Hey, bomb us and we will give in to your demands!"  (!?!)

View Quote

Likely my post will be/might be construed as pro Palestinian.  Not true.

My personal position is this:

1)  The policies of the past have not worked for either Israel or the Palestinians.

2)  Remove ALL United States Taxpayer paid aid to BOTH Israel and the Palestinians and I don't give a damn what they do to each other.  I simply don't want the United States to pay for either side of the war.

3)  Turkey is of strategic importance to the United States.  Neither Israel nor the Palestinian Territories are of any strategic importance to the US.

4)  I care only about the United States.  

Put the money paid by United States taxpayers to Israel and the Palestinians into our own Militaries' budget.  We damn sure need it after 8 Klinton years of military destruction.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:08:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Umm, Isreal is very important to the US. Try getting a Fleet through the Suez canal without the Isrealies there. The shortest next route probably adds two weeks to the travel distance.

We need the Suez canal.  

Benjamin
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Heh, heh, heh. [}:D]

14-0 with Syria abstaining. I too thought that curious but saw no explanation for Syria's decision ??
View Quote

Quote from Syria's foreign minister:

[b]'Explanation? We don't need to give no [i]steenking[/i] explanation!'[/b]

Eric The(Serious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:10:46 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's what comes with victory and strength.
View Quote

Rush was (I think )  kinda making this point the other day.

Peace will ONLY come when one side has defeated and subjugated the other.

I tend to agree. Now Rush didn't say this, but I think its still true - our efforts to "make peace" when there can be no peace (neither side has won a decisive and final victory , like we eventually did with Mexico - there's TOO MUCH French influence in Canada for them to want to fight anybody [}:D] ) are only assuring years more of small skirmish type war.

Here's what I would do -

Take US tax dollars COMPLETELY out of the equation from BOTH sides, as well as UN / US / anyone elses intervention. Let them fight it out, and be done with it.

UNTIL that happens, there will be no peace. These people HATE each others existence. Like the Serbs and the Croats, its a genetic thing. As the old saying goes "If you desire peace, prepare for war." In this case, modify it to say "If you desire peace, prepare for AND FIGHT the inevitable war." Full scale, all out war.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:11:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Sub, I believe it is in our interests to help maintain the only democratic republic in the region to survive.  I believe in helping someone who help themselves.  They have not asked for troops nor will they ever.  There may come a day when we need a base in that region and you damn well better believe that no one else would allow it.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:11:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yes, I am quite sure this is a setup so that the US can prove to the world community that Palestine indeed DOes not want a Palestinian state, merely the destruction of Jews.

Benjamin
View Quote

Interesting conjecture and you may well be correct.

However, the reverse could well be true.  Israel does not want the Palestinians to have their own state.

Already Israel is quoted as being "uncomfortable with International intervention."

"International Intervention" by the United States is what pays for their ability to wage war.

Pull U.S. money from both sides and letem go.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Take US tax dollars COMPLETELY out of the equation from BOTH sides, as well as UN / US / anyone elses intervention. Let them fight it out, and be done with it.

View Quote

G Man, I am in complete agreement.

If United States Taxpayer dollars are removed from both Israel and the Palestinians I don't care what they do to each other.

I've posted this sentiment on many occasions.

Put the money in our own military budget.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:21:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Sub, I believe it is in our interests to help maintain the only democratic republic in the region to survive.  I believe in helping someone who help themselves.  They have not asked for troops nor will they ever.  There may come a day when we need a base in that region and you damn well better believe that no one else would allow it.
View Quote

Larry,
I believe and perhaps erroneously that we need Turkey and Arabia.

When/if the time comes, Turkey will be with us and we'll have to seize the part of Arabia needed.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:23:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I wonder when the world comunity will finally figure out apeasment dosn't work?
View Quote

(From you, with your intellect, I expected more.)

Who is being appeased ?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Umm, Isreal is very important to the US. Try getting a Fleet through the Suez canal without the Isrealies there. The shortest next route probably adds two weeks to the travel distance.

We need the Suez canal.  

Benjamin
View Quote

Eqypt owns both sides of the Suez, and could close it by sinking the right ship in the right place. Israel can't do much about that. If Egypt did decide to bar a US fleet from moving through, they'd have to risk a war to do so... and Israel again wouldn't be very important, that close to Europe.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:34:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Post from 5subslr5 -

1) The policies of the past have not worked for either Israel or the Palestinians.
View Quote

How can you say that subsailor? Israel still exists to this very day, despite the fact that it is outnmbered by its neighbors almost 20 to 1. Its policies for national survival have kept it alive and going long past what any odds maker woud have given you 50 years ago.
2) Remove ALL United States Taxpayer paid aid to BOTH Israel and the Palestinians and I don't give a damn what they do to each other. I simply don't want the United States to pay for either side of the war.
View Quote

OK, have it your way, but then you should equally demand that the US abandon South Korea and Taiwan, cause who knows what sort of costs our invovement with those two countries cost the US taxpayers each year.

And these are two very rich countries, indeed.
3) Turkey is of strategic importance to the United States. Neither Israel nor the Palestinian Territories are of any strategic importance to the US.
View Quote

You need to explain that to the folks who make our policies then, 'cause they think Israel is vital to our security.
4) I care only about the United States.
View Quote

I care first about the United States. But in caring for the United States, I care also for those who have cast their lots with us.

Israel, for better or worse, is our best friend and ally in the world. Whatever you may say about them, could be said in spades for all the others that some claim to be our allies.

But now you are dedicated to cutting our ties with Israel at this crucial moment in their history?

How did you feel about the United States turning its back on South Vietnam in 1975, after giving promise after promise of aid and support, and signing a peace treaty to the effect that, if the North Vietnamese ever invaded, we would come to their aid!

[b]Well, we didn't![/b]

And I feel the same about any abandonment of Israel by the United States.

But trust me, subsailor, what the UN does or doesn't do, what the USA does or doesn't do, and even what Sharon or his replacement does or doesn't do, will not alter the landscape one iota!

[b]'Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night.'[/b]

Eric The(Loyal)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#26]
[img]http://www.ramsbottom.net/fun/sheepR.gif[/img]
[img]http://patriotcentral.net/images/toons/sheeple.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.thegiantpeach.com/artists/mmm/sheeple_logo.jpg[/img]

Eric the(bbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh, bbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh, bbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh)Hun

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:48:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Post from 5subslr5 -

1) The policies of the past have not worked for either Israel or the Palestinians.
View Quote

How can you say that subsailor? Israel still exists to this very day, despite the fact that it is outnmbered by its neighbors almost 20 to 1. Its policies for national survival have kept it alive and going long past what any odds maker woud have given you 50 years ago.
2) Remove ALL United States Taxpayer paid aid to BOTH Israel and the Palestinians and I don't give a damn what they do to each other. I simply don't want the United States to pay for either side of the war.
View Quote

OK, have it your way, but then you should equally demand that the US abandon South Korea and Taiwan, cause who knows what sort of costs our invovement with those two countries cost the US taxpayers each year.

And these are two very rich countries, indeed.
3) Turkey is of strategic importance to the United States. Neither Israel nor the Palestinian Territories are of any strategic importance to the US.
View Quote

You need to explain that to the folks who make our policies then, 'cause they think Israel is vital to our security.
4) I care only about the United States.
View Quote

I care first about the United States. But in caring for the United States, I care also for those who have cast their lots with us.

Israel, for better or worse, is our best friend and ally in the world. Whatever you may say about them, could be said in spades for all the others that some claim to be our allies.

But now you are dedicated to cutting our ties with Israel at this crucial moment in their history?

How did you feel about the United States turning its back on South Vietnam in 1975, after giving promise after promise of aid and support, and signing a peace treaty to the effect that, if the North Vietnamese ever invaded, we would come to their aid!

[b]Well, we didn't![/b]

And I feel the same about any abandonment of Israel by the United States.

But trust me, subsailor, what the UN does or doesn't do, what the USA does or doesn't do, and even what Sharon or his replacement does or doesn't do, will not alter the landscape one iota!

[b]'Fasten your seat belts, it's going to be a bumpy night.'[/b]

View Quote

Eric,
you and I have covered the dirt above before.

I've always complimented you on doing your homework.  Hopefully, you will keep us advised on reaction from the mainstream Israeli media.

I believe this proposal will have considerable support within Israel.

Finally, this isn't a subtle diplomatic message to Sharon.  Sharon is finished.  Arafat may well be finished too.  I would strongly support shooting both worthless bastids.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:53:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By EricTheHun

View Quote

Eric,
it is not the "landscape" I desire to see altered but the failed policies of the past.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Post from 5subslr5 -
I've always complimented you on doing your homework. Hopefully, you will keep us advised on reaction from the mainstream Israeli media.
View Quote

Thank you, subsailor, you, likewise, have kept up your side of the argument very well indeed.

And, as always, whatever breaking news I hear from my cousin, [b]Ezra Ben Hun[/b], the IDF truant officer from Jerusalem, I will pass along to my friends here on AR15.com.

Eric The(Respectful)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 8:55:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[img]http://www.ramsbottom.net/fun/sheepR.gif[/img]
[img]http://patriotcentral.net/images/toons/sheeple.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.thegiantpeach.com/artists/mmm/sheeple_logo.jpg[/img]

Eric the(bbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh, bbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh, bbbbbbeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhh)Hun

View Quote

Maybe a picture and a few words...........

(Thanks Robino)
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#31]
Israel, for better or worse, is our best friend and ally in the world.
View Quote

I would agree that the US is Israel's best friend and ally (not that there's much competition for that honor [;)] ), but by what measure is Israel our [b]best[/b] friend and ally?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:06:56 AM EDT
[#32]
[u]Here's[/u] a little cartoon that I found:

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/EricTheHun%2FGoodNewsBadNews%2DPalestine%2Egif[/img]

Eric The(I'dLaugh,ButIt'sTooSerious)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Post from Renamed -
I would agree that the US is Israel's best friend and ally (not that there's much competition for that honor  ), but by what measure is Israel our best friend and ally?
View Quote

Voting record in UN for starters.

Eric The(Look,You'llFindIt)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Israel still exists to this very day, despite the fact that it is outnmbered by its neighbors almost 20 to 1. Its policies for national survival have kept it alive and going long past what any odds maker woud have given you 50 years ago.

View Quote

Oh, puh-LEEEEEZE, Eric.

Its one thing to support Israel, but a statement like the one above is outrageouosly false.

Israel was created  ONLY due to British / UN  initiative in 1948, and exists today  ONLY due to US tax dollars, to the tune of [size=6] 3 BILLION [/size=6] per year.

Israeli politicians are IN NO WAY to thank for Israels existence today.

Only if by "policies for national survival" you mean LEECHING money off of hard working American taxpayers does your statement have ANY shred of credibility.

Loyal, indeed.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

*snip*

2)  Remove ALL United States Taxpayer paid aid to BOTH Israel and the Palestinians and I don't give a damn what they do to each other.  I simply don't want the United States to pay for either side of the war.

*snip*

View Quote

Too much confortable to cut funds on one side when you know very well that US is NOT sunding Palestinians but someone else... including the same jerks that are supporting (silently for the moment) the 9-11 attack.

It's very confortable to put your little american head under the sand.

Let's say that, at the moment, I could even support your point but only to one condition:

That  ALL THE ARABS COUNTRIES will stop also to fund Palestinians. And to reciece also armament technology for their armies. Let say that they can use stone age armaments. Stop it now and I will agree with you.

Why don't you be honest, once in a while, subslr5?

This resolution is a BULLSHIT. There was already, more than 53 years ago, a UN resolution that stated that Palestine should be divided in to countries. GUESS WHO DID NOT RESPECT THIS RESOLUTION? Got the answer? not yet? Here you are: Egypt, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq, Jordany.

Shalom haver.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:27:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Israel still exists to this very day, despite the fact that it is outnmbered by its neighbors almost 20 to 1. Its policies for national survival have kept it alive and going long past what any odds maker woud have given you 50 years ago.

View Quote

Oh, puh-LEEEEEZE, Eric.

Its one thing to support Israel, but a statement like the one above is outrageouosly false.

Israel was created  ONLY due to British / UN  initiative in 1948, and exists today  ONLY due to US tax dollars, to the tune of [size=6] 3 BILLION [/size=6] per year.

Only if by "policies for national survival" you mean LEECHING money off of hard working American taxpayers does your statement have ANY shred of credibility.

Loyal, indeed.

View Quote

You're really the champion of bullsh*ts, Garandman.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:30:03 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh, puh-LEEEEEZE, Eric.

Loyal, indeed.

View Quote

I guess that everytime the Arabs attacked Israel, they found armies composed by 3 billions of US banknotes, dressed with combat gear, ready to repell them with rifles.

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:34:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Post from garandman -
Loyal, indeed.
View Quote

Yep, that's me all right!

Loyal to a fault, heh, heh.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#40]
By Paolo:
I guess that everytime the Arabs attacked Israel, they found armies composed by 3 billions of US banknotes, dressed with combat gear, ready to repell them with rifles.

View Quote

Yup, and you apparently are the champion of using foul language when the truth doesn't suit you [}:D]

Sometimes I wonder if some people round here can put together a cogent thought WITHOUT the filler expletives shit, hell, damn, f*ck, and ass/asshole.

Now, to your "points"...

Our present $3 BILLION per year is supplying the Israelis F-16, and other us made miltary technology and ordnance, which is the PRIMARY thing the Israelis are using to keep the palestinian hordes at bay.

Without those, the Israelis and palestinians would be on an equal footing pretty much with regard to ordnance.

But your post above IGNORES the fact that much of US aid to Israel is NOT military in nature. Its greenbacks that the Israelis can spend any way they choose - schools, roads, bridges, etc etc etc.

LASTLY, YOU ARE TRYING TO PLAY BOTH SIDES OF THE ISSUE....

On the one hand you try to say Israel has existed by its own means and finances....
Then when I say "OK, take US tax dollars away" you say "OH NO!!!!! Israel will cease to exist and be overrun by terrorists if we do that!!!"

You can't have it both ways - either US tax dollars are key to Israels survival, or they aren't.

And if you are gonna NOW (your tune will change in a minute) claim they don't need US tax dollars, THEN I AM GONNA DEMAND THEY STOP RECEIVING US TAX DOLLARS.

Pick a side of the fence, sir.

Link Posted: 3/13/2002 9:49:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Let's say that, at the moment, I could even support your point but only to one condition:

That  ALL THE ARABS COUNTRIES will stop also to fund Palestinians. And to reciece also armament technology for their armies. Let say that they can use stone age armaments. Stop it now and I will agree with you.

Why don't you be honest, once in a while, subslr5?

Shalom haver.
View Quote

Paolo,

I had hoped you would make a board appearance as your international information and perspective is always of interest to me.

(I'm going to choose to ignore your comment about my honesty.)

I'm not going to change my position regarding funding.  I don't care what other countries fund the Palestinians and should France, Chad, Italy, etc.,  choose to fund the Israeli's I don't care about that either.

I want all United States Taxpayer money to stop funding both Israel and the Palestinians.

Further I want that money to go to increase funding to our own United States Military.  We have low ranking enlisted soldiers, airman and sailors that qualify for welfare due to low pay.  This is our National DISGRACE.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:19:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Sub,
Interesting that you would talk about entertwined economies and that it would help the peace process.

1. you just explained one of the biggest issues here, Americans in general think in terms of money. Palistians don't care about money, or themselves for that matter. They just want Israel destroyed. Have you ever seen the PAL side vs the Israel side? I am talking about where they live and work?

2. It doesn't work here either, in general the mexicans I have to deal with every day don't want to contribute to America, they just want to take and bring us down to their level. If in Israel the PAL wanted to join in they would still want to bring that country to their level. on their bellies like snakes.

3. Even Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, and Egypt don't want the PAL, they just use them as a means to afflict Israel.

My informed opinion, for what it is worth on this subject.

FWIW I say we clean house on Iraq and the PAL leadership and transplant the rest of the PAL to IRAQ for resettlement

dave
View Quote

Dave,
while I may not agree with you at least you offer something besides the status quo.

Israel without constant war will need cheap (in this case) on-shore labor.  The Palestinians will need employment to make their country work.

Mutual need can be a powerful incentive.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:22:27 AM EDT
[#43]
Syria's purpose for abstaining from the vote was because they claim the resolution doesn't address the so called "Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory". I agree that we should annihilate Iraq. I think that if Saudi Arabia is so set on having a Palestinian state that they should give them some of their land to settle. I guess that wouldn't work though because Israel and the Jews would still exist.

I SAY WE WIPE OUT THOSE BLOOD THIRSTY BASTARDS. AFTER SEEING THE PALESTINIANS DANCE IN CELEBRATION ON 9/11, I COULD NOT CARE LESS WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM. I'M ALL FOR KILLING THEM OURSELVES. TO ANYONE ON THE SIDE OF THOSE LITTLE TERRORISTS, I SAY THEY SHOULD BE NEXT ON OUR LIST. my .02 they deserve whatever happens to them for putting their children in the street and then having hidden gunmen fire on the soldiers. That's sick. I have no sympathy for the Palestinian adults. They should be ashamed of themselves. For the children in Palestine I pray for peace, as for their parents, they deserve a slow painful death. Hope I didn't offend anyone and I'm sure I'll get an angry reaction but so be it. PC is no good anymore. In my book the Palestinian leadership is just as bad as the hijackers. have a nice day
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:22:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
This makes as much sense as the UN declaring an AL QAEDA State in New York.

View Quote

To me decades of the same failed policies do not make sense.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Syria's purpose for abstaining from the vote was because they claim the resolution doesn't address the so called "Israeli occupation of Palestinian territory". I agree that we should annihilate Iraq. I think that if Saudi Arabia is so set on having a Palestinian state that they should give them some of their land to settle. I guess that wouldn't work though because Israel and the Jews would still exist.

I SAY WE WIPE OUT THOSE BLOOD THIRSTY BASTARDS. AFTER SEEING THE PALESTINIANS DANCE IN CELEBRATION ON 9/11, I COULD NOT CARE LESS WHAT HAPPENS TO THEM. I'M ALL FOR KILLING THEM OURSELVES. TO ANYONE ON THE SIDE OF THOSE LITTLE TERRORISTS, I SAY THEY SHOULD BE NEXT ON OUR LIST. my .02 they deserve whatever happens to them for putting their children in the street and then having hidden gunmen fire on the soldiers. That's sick. I have no sympathy for the Palestinian adults. They should be ashamed of themselves. For the children in Palestine I pray for peace, as for their parents, they deserve a slow painful death. Hope I didn't offend anyone and I'm sure I'll get an angry reaction but so be it. PC is no good anymore. In my book the Palestinian leadership is just as bad as the hijackers. have a nice day
View Quote

PEZ,
without a doubt the U.S. could wipe out all Palestinians.

But there this thing does not stop.  Are you prepared to wipe-out all Arabs ?  And after that all Muslims ??

On a purely practical point, there would come a time when the Arabs would set fire to their oil fields.  Now the US only imports a small percentage of oil from the middle east but on this oil supply Europe and Japan heavily depend.

The economic result would be a world wide depression.

Now if you choose to return our country to the Vietnam era your plan would do so.  If you want to see our country bloodily divided let the plan to kill all Palestinians go forward.

As for myself, I choose peace.  A peace enforced by the United States of America if necessary.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:43:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Post from 5subslr5 -

View Quote

2)

View Quote

Eric, Israel exists because the United States has pursued an Israel 'only' policy.

That policy is about to change.

(Sharon is due much thanks for forcing the U.S. to reexamine its' policies.  Palestinians should build a monument to the dumb schmuck.)
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 10:48:04 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Post from Renamed -
I would agree that the US is Israel's best friend and ally (not that there's much competition for that honor  ), but by what measure is Israel our best friend and ally?
View Quote

Voting record in UN for starters.

Eric The(Look,You'llFindIt)Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

I know that Israel almost always (over 90% of the time) votes with the US in the UN, but I'm having trouble finding a summary of all countries' votes with and against the US in recent years.  Can you point me to a source?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:25:58 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Sometimes I wonder if some people round here can put together a cogent thought WITHOUT the filler expletives shit, hell, damn, f*ck, and ass/asshole.

View Quote

g.man, you talking about e.t. hun?
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:35:39 AM EDT
[#49]
Just read on the Fox Wire.

It appears that those Israeli 'saints' ( at least the word is biblical) DO NO ABIDE BY THE GENEVA CONVENTIONS WITH REGARD TO THE PALESTINIANS.

Must confess this is news to me.

All the screaming about the U.S. not following the Conventions at Gitmo but prior to seeing this on Fox, not a word have I seen regarding the Israeli's disregard for the Geneva Conventions.
Link Posted: 3/13/2002 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

g.man, you talking about e.t. hun?
View Quote

Nah.

Fer the most part, he uses logic, and NOT expletives, to make his case.

I don't always agree with his logic, but at least his logic doesn't get lost in a potty mouth.

More than anything, its a general observation I was (am) making. Beyond that, see who I was quoting in that particular post.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top