Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2003 10:05:56 PM EDT
I am organizing a local paintball game and am wondering what brand of paint is good to use. I do not need remarkable accuracy-only a good balance between reliability and price. Please let me know of any online stores to order from. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/10/2003 10:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I like the El Diablo kind, PMI and the marbalizers.

Where in PA are you? Maybe I can come for a few rounds.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:37:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Diablo (now Draxxus) used to have a deal where you would get a credit for every case of paint you bought. It worked something like 25 cents per case credit toward any tournament they were at. When I played in the World Cup in 1999 we had anough credit built up from selling paint that we only paid $15 a case.

Not sure if they do that anymore but it could be worth it. Not to mention Diablo/Draxxus is the best paint out there IMO.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:42:20 AM EDT
[#3]
BRASS EAGLE!  [LOL]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:03:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Pro Ball is what i use
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:06:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I use El Diablo.

Where are you in PA?
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:09:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Actually, Brass Eagle is very good paint.  But the shell is hard and will not splat on the target sometimes, but it will cut through brush and thickets.

I would go with Proball in cobalt blue if they still sell it. (some fields didn't like it because the paint was thick and would not wash away very well, and some of the dyes would stain clothing, etc)
Marballizer is bad ass too.
These are near-perfect.  I used to buy them mail order from C.O. Paintball.
http://www.copaintball.com/
They always had the best prices back then....  I would get a case per week and share with friends every weekend.

How do you and your friends play?  What kind of games?  That would determine how much paint you need.  I would recommend NO more than 200rds (1 hopper) per 2 or three games because otherwise it is just a waste of paint....exception: the guy defending the fort needs the most paint.

Also keep in mind some fields charge a one-time paint fee if you do not purchase the paint from the field.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 7:12:51 AM EDT
[#7]
I love paintball.....but the real reason I am posting here is because I am a POST COUNT WHORE
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:22:44 AM EDT
[#8]
The new starch marbs and allstar is good, and the higher end "draxxus" paint.

Alex
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:26:28 AM EDT
[#9]
First of all, what type of markers are being used?  Stock barrels?  How big?

Once you know this pick up paint in the appropriate size, you'll get a lot more out of it.

I have a Dye Boomie, .686 bore, and use the smaller paint like Blaze.  My other two barrels, the stock and an Armson are around a .689 bore so I use paint like Worrpaint and Big Ball with those.  If I use the Blaze with the stock or Armson, I get paint rolling out of the barrel, which sucks if you get someone charging you and you shoot a blank.

If you're not sure, just do a search via google and you can find the common barrel and paint sizes.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I love paintball.....but the real reason I am posting here is because I am a POST COUNT WHORE
View Quote

Wow, the lenghts some people will goto to get their post counts up.
oh yeah+1
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:05:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
First of all, what type of markers are being used?  Stock barrels?  How big?

Once you know this pick up paint in the appropriate size, you'll get a lot more out of it.

I have a Dye Boomie, .686 bore, and use the smaller paint like Blaze.  My other two barrels, the stock and an Armson are around a .689 bore so I use paint like Worrpaint and Big Ball with those.  If I use the Blaze with the stock or Armson, I get paint rolling out of the barrel, which sucks if you get someone charging you and you shoot a blank.

If you're not sure, just do a search via google and you can find the common barrel and paint sizes.
View Quote

Blaze used to be a medium bore, have they made it smaller?

Link Posted: 6/11/2003 9:16:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Don't worry about paint size. That's why they made Freaks
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:18:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, Blaze used to be in the .688 to .689 range.  However, the last three cases I picked up fit the Boomie perfectly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top