Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/20/2006 8:56:19 PM EDT
So, um, yeah...every few minutes, for about one minute, a loud, humming sound occurs. Loud enough that i can hear it well away from the kitchen quite well.  Loud enough that it's not normal.  Enough that it will probably interrupt my sleep.

-the ice maker is off.
-the unit is a side by side
-it's just under a year old.
-kenmore...forget the model #.
-it's definately the frige.

Help?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
is your refrigerator running......

[/stupidshit]
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
is your refrigerator running......

[/stupidshit]

Yes, can you chase it down and bring it back?
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 11:54:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So, um, yeah...every few minutes, for about one minute, a loud, humming sound occurs. Loud enough that i can hear it well away from the kitchen quite well.  Loud enough that it's not normal.  Enough that it will probably interrupt my sleep.

-the ice maker is off.
-the unit is a side by side
-it's just under a year old.
-kenmore...forget the model #.
-it's definately the frige.

Help?

Is the water turned off to the icemaker yet the icemaker is plugged in? What will happen is that the icemaker continues to cycle and calls for water... the solenoid will let out a nasty buzz sound. See if you can unplug the icemaker and see if that fixes it.

NO! WAIT!!! Does it sound like a screech sound in the freezer? (Like someone trapped a canary in there) Kenmores (models that start with #106) had a problem with their evaporator fan motors doing that... next time it happens, open the freezer and see if the noise is coming from there. Bet ya that is what it is.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top