Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2001 7:13:05 AM EDT
Yes, this is a gun question....

I received a document from Aimpoint regarding my Aimpoint Mark III.  It is in "1av1" format.  From reading the header, I found out this file was created by Pagemaker 6.52

I have installed Pagemaker 6.0, but it will NOT open the file.  I have looked on the web, and I have not found any way to open the document using any other program.

Anyone out there that can open this document with 6.52, re-save it as a 6.0 document (or another readable file for MS Word 98, RTF file, etc)?

The person at Aimpoint was kind enough to email me the documentation on an older piece of Aimpoint gear, that I purchased used (aimpoint is not making a dime here, just providing a free piece of information).  I do not want to impose any further by asking them to re-send the information in a different format.

Thanks in advance.

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh come on, now!

This is AR15.com By God!  

I have asked about this Aimpoint Mark III in the Optics forum... no response.  I have looked for old posts/topics on the Mark III... One thread.. NO RESPONSE.

Are you guys trying to tell me that NO AR15.com member has any information about an aimpoint Mark III???  No one here can even tell me how to open this Pagemaker 6.52 file?  That nobody can even take an emailed copy of this file, open it in Pagemaker 7.0 and re-save it in a version I can view?!?!?

Good grief.  I am stuck here, guys and gals.  I need to find out more about this Aimpoint.  I have put "Aimpoint Mark III"  "Aimpoint Mark 3" through all the search engines.  I get very little information about this sight on the web.

Help a Brother out here!  Either get this file opened for me, or give me a link that can tell me what this Aimpoint is all about.  Weather proof?  Battery life?  Auto-off feature?  Durability?  Field of View?  Magnification? Eye Relief?

AR15.com Where Are You???

[/rant][/desperate]

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 12:10:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Send it over here (my email is in my profile). I'll open it and see if I can save it backward for you. I'm assuming you're on a windows machine?
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 4:55:37 AM EDT
[#3]
If ShortyAK doesn't pan out, send it here and I'll take care of it for you.

[email protected]

I own an Ad Agency and we convert files all the time. Unless it's corrupted, it shouldn't be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 7:51:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I sent each of you a copy of the file.  I can NOT thank you enough for your help.  

TheRedGoat
Link Posted: 12/11/2001 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks sooo much ShortyAK, et al!  

It is open now.

Here is what I found out from reading the scant documentation:

1/4" windage and elevation adjustments for 110 yds (ambitious...)
Dot intensity Auto-adjusts for contrast regardless of outside lighting conditions (?)
Auto off when you place lens cover back over sight (now that is a relief!)

Options (that did not come with mine) polarizing cover, and 3X scope attachment

TheRedGoat
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top