Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2002 7:30:51 AM EDT
I am watching the endless, nauseating syrupy-sweet requiem for Wellstone.

Do you think the media will be as sympathetic, as uniformly positive, when Jesse Helms or Ronald Reagan dies?  Or any other staunchly conservative figure?  [b]NOT ON YOUR LIFE![/b]

All we hear about is how he fought for the little guy.

He was a TOTAL GUN CONTROL, BAN 'EM ALL, SEARCH-AND-SIEZE LIBERAL.

HE WAS IN THE BACK POCKET OF THE LABOR UNIONS.

HE WAS IN THE BACK POCKET OF THE EDUCRATS.

HE WAS IN THE BACK POCKET OF THE TRIAL LAWYERS.

THERE WAS NEVER A BIG ENOUGH WELFARE STATE FOR HIM.  THE GOVERNMENT WAS THE MOTHER AND FATHER AND PROTECTOR HE LOVED AND WORSHIPPED.

HE WOULD GLADLY WAIT UNTIL SADDAM SHIPPED A NUKE INTO WASHINGTON TO WRING HIS HANDS AND SAY, "OOOH, THIS IS JUST SUCH A TRAGEDY, PLEASE LETS JUST ALL BE FRIENDS."

He was at the vanguard of EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY.

If P. Wellstone and his ilk ran the country, self-defense would be outlawed, churches and religious-based charities would be illegal, any speech questioning the government would be illegal, hunting would be outlawed.  Homosexual molestation of children would be accepted as "normal," and public statements about morality would lead to imprisonment.  All educational options that aren't state-run schools would be OUTLAWED.

I'm sorry he had to die before he had a chance to see how wrong he was.  But that's about all the sorry I can feel for him.

Good riddance.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Agreed, I cheer his death. I'd love to see the rest of his ilk go down in a similar manner.

Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:37:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Speak your mind.... please dont hold back. I agree, the news is just patting this guy on the back and saying what a rebel he was. We need Carbine-Man to run the media.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#3]
you'd think demo's would quit flying around election time, they have bad luck

who will replace him, a relative?
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:05:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I never cry when the enemy dies.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:02:11 AM EDT
[#6]
i think it's sad he died, especially with some of his family onboard at the time.  however, a horseshit politician receives little sympathy from me.  you would think they would learn not to fly small planes is the fog when it is snowing out..isn't that how jfk jr got it?

the media around here (was going to duluth, 3 miles away from me) are treating him like a hero. sad.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:11:47 AM EDT
[#7]
C'mon guys now, don't hold back, tell everyone what you REALLY think.  [;)]

I am saddened over the death of 8 people and the effect it will have on many family members and friends.  While political gains are always good, I don't see the need to rejoice the death.  That is what the DU'ers are thinking we are doing (yes, I have been lurking).  Along with starting up the conspiracy machine.  I say we be better than them and focus on what is to come next.

WWoodworth
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:12:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
i think it's sad he died, especially with some of his family onboard at the time.  however, a horseshit politician receives little sympathy from me.  you would think they would learn not to fly small planes is the fog when it is snowing out..isn't that how jfk jr got it?

the media around here (was going to duluth, 3 miles away from me) are treating him like a hero. sad.
View Quote

agreed.

I hate to see anyone die, but none the less I have a hard time feeling bad about this one.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#9]
There is a HUGE "The bitch is DEAD" party tonight in Minnetonka, MN.

There will probably be at least 200 anti-Wellstone types there.

It should prove to be a fun time =)
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:26:26 AM EDT
[#10]
This is my impression I've gotten about him from the media:

Although he wanted to destroy our country with liberalism and freedom robbing laws...he was a really nice guy.  WTF?

USPC40

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/line.gif[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:41:27 AM EDT
[#11]
He's the son of Russian immigrants and a Liberal college professor.  He shouldn't even have been able to be a US Senator.  Military service should be required to even be elected to Congress.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 11:52:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#13]
what do you think "the body" is going to do with this?

if he appoints a republican, then they'd have control until whomever is elected this fall gets sworn in, right?

i hope that jackass ignores the demoncratic bleating
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:17:43 PM EDT
[#14]
One demo down, 90 something more to go. Oh, I'm bad.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:30:49 PM EDT
[#15]
I do feel bad for his wife and daughter, as well as his son(s) for being orphaned. I could never wish that kind of pain on those people. As far as the man, I really have no feeling for him at all.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:46:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Military service should be required to even be elected to Congress.
View Quote

Concur.

It should be a requirement to hold [b]any[/b] National office.
View Quote

Oh, you mean like John McCain, and John Kerry??
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 2:54:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Well I will not get into my personal feelings about the man, as they have already been stated, I do not like to see anyone die, not so much becasue of them, moreso what they leave behind.

My prayers are with his two sons.  Losing their father, mother, and sister...thats downright horrible.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#18]
If Wellstone had kept his promise and stuck to two terms, he would likely be home watching TV with his family instead of being involved in a plane crash.

He couldn't give up the power.

Everything happens for a reason.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
what do you think "the body" is going to do with this?

if he appoints a republican, then they'd have control until whomever is elected this fall gets sworn in, right?
View Quote

I imagine he will wait until the election results before appointing someone.  He will appoint whoever wins.
Link Posted: 10/26/2002 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#20]
I won't rejoice over his death, but I will not mourn his death either.  I do feel bad for his sons.
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#21]
The party was INCREDIBLE!!!

Well-over 200 people there...every single one of them was laughing uncontrollably at every joke I heard...It was funny as hell.

You would just not believe how many people in Minnesota are rejoicing over this.

New Joke...First time Wellstone ever kept a promise...Served for two terms =)
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
If Wellstone had kept his promise and stuck to two terms, he would likely be home watching TV with his family instead of being involved in a plane crash.

He couldn't give up the power.

Everything happens for a reason.
View Quote

Wow, I never looked at his death like that. I think I am going to try to log onto DU as Paul_Wellstone's_Ghost
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 7:41:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

That was exactly what I was thinking when I heard that he had been killed. He made a promise, broke it and died because of it. Sucks to be him......next!
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:09:20 PM EDT
[#24]
He was a big-time Anti-America war protestor in the 1960s.  Would not surprise me if he or his buddies spit on guys in uniform.  It is amazing how many guys in the military in that era had to deal with being spit on by dirtbag graduate students.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/27/2002 8:40:43 PM EDT
[#25]
A'HEM! I just wish people in this country would show as much sympathy for our lost soldiers and thier families as much as they do for this piece of fertilizer that is now refreshing the tree of liberty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
A'HEM! I just wish people in this country would show as much sympathy for our lost soldiers and thier families as much as they do for this piece of fertilizer that is now refreshing the tree of liberty.
View Quote

Well said Apatriot!

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#27]
I thinks its a shame that the plane crashed and killed Wellstone.

The shame is that the plane didn't also have Klinton, Boxer, Schumer, Dumbaschle, Gebhardt and a few others I'm missing.

Merlin
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#28]
One less left wing liberal in the world is always good. The only thing that pisses me off is that ted kennedy, hitlery, sarah and diane frankenstein weren't on the plane. I know I should have capitalized the names, but lack of respect prevented me from doing so.
Link Posted: 10/28/2002 11:03:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I can't believe all the media hype over this klown. Not as though he were a Sam Rayburn or something. Sheez. Paula Poundstone I've heard of; Paul Wellstone who??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top