Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/10/2001 3:28:01 PM EDT
I'm new to AR's so please cut me some slack for my ignorance. I looked at an AR at a gunshow today which had a tag stating it was a "preban AR" for $720. The owner said it was a PWA Comando. It had a short barrel (16"?), green plastic, a long flash hider, no bayo lug. Is this a REALLY low price or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 3:42:30 PM EDT
Hmm, I'd say something was fishy. Granted, I am not an AR expert by any means, but from what people have told me this doesn't sound quite right. Why? Because the information that was given to me on pre-ban PWA lowers has their price at between $700-800. Having said that, most will tell you that PWA didn't make entire firearms, just lowers. In todays market, a post-ban PWA lower (no trigger, stock, etc) is going for around $100. Doing a little math (even shady math), I can come up with around $600-750 for an assembled weapon, depending on who's parts you used. Based on what you said, I'd look at the serial number. Don't quote me on this, but only serial #'s lower that 32XXX(?) are pre-ban. I think the serial # on mine is like 1XXXX. ;-) Regards.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:48:42 PM EDT
The last preban was serial numbered 35,222. All postbans are given a year prefix. This information is from the Brownell's catalog. BISHOP
Top Top