Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2001 3:28:01 PM EDT
I'm new to AR's so please cut me some slack for my ignorance.
I looked at an AR at a gunshow today which had a tag stating it was a "preban AR" for $720. The owner said it was a PWA Comando. It had a short barrel (16"?), green plastic, a long flash hider, no bayo lug.
Is this a REALLY low price or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 3:42:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmm, I'd say something was fishy.

Granted, I am not an AR expert by any means, but from what people have told me this doesn't sound quite right.  Why?  Because the information that was given to me on pre-ban PWA lowers has their price at between $700-800.

Having said that, most will tell you that PWA didn't make entire firearms, just lowers.

In todays market, a post-ban PWA lower (no trigger, stock, etc) is going for around $100.  Doing a little math (even shady math), I can come up with around $600-750 for an assembled weapon, depending on who's parts you used.

Based on what you said, I'd look at the serial number.  Don't quote me on this, but only serial #'s lower that 32XXX(?) are pre-ban.

I think the serial # on mine is like 1XXXX.  ;-)

Regards.....
Link Posted: 3/10/2001 6:48:42 PM EDT
[#2]
The last preban was serial numbered 35,222.  All postbans are given a year prefix.
This information is from the Brownell's catalog.

BISHOP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top