Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2002 4:11:12 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 4:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's the deal, we are not all the same.

Common enemies don't make us the same. Just gives us common enemies.

For instance, If we were invaded from outer space, you "might" be inclined to fight alonside FORMER anti gun people. But that does not make you, like them.

Despite our common interest in firearms and firearm rights, many of us are very different people politically, socially and morally.

But more important than anything else, FREEDOM is not having to be the same.
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:19:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

For instance, If we were invaded from outer space, you "might" be inclined to fight alonside FORMER anti gun people. But that does not make you, like them.

Despite our common interest in firearms and firearm rights, many of us are very different people politically, socially and morally.

View Quote

[beer]Well said.[beer]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:28:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/5/2002 9:54:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Well put.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 3:14:27 AM EDT
[#6]
We are going to be invaded from outer space!!!!
I think I need more ammo!!!!

[50]
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#7]
About the only commonality I can find is a love of firearms and a belief in the Second Amendment.
Maybe that's enough.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 5:38:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
About the only commonality I can find is a love of firearms and a belief in the Second Amendment.
Maybe that's enough.
View Quote

Some of us don't even seem to believe in the 2nd amendment.

As someone else said, "gunowners" are not some monolithic group--most of us can't even agree on what the 2nd amendment means, and even if we DO agree on what it means, very few of us are willing to fight for anything outside of our own little niche.
Link Posted: 4/6/2002 6:47:44 AM EDT
[#9]
I've noticed that in-fighting is common on every message board around.

There's a few I've quit just because that seemed to be the only thing going on there. Gets old real quick. AR-15 has it's share of disputes, but there are ALOT worse boards out there (guns or otherwise).

All in all this is one of the best...
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:09:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:25:20 AM EDT
[#11]

[b]Some of us don't even seem to believe in the 2nd amendment.[/b]

Just ask banallguns!
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#12]
All families fight or bicker to some degree...but you're still a family that pulls together when attacked from the outside.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

But AFTER the aliens are defeated, we can still turn on them and kill them.  Right?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:04:36 AM EDT
[#14]
... is there bot a [b]DrFrige[/b]

... and a [b]DrFridge[/b]?

if not why is your post count so low, I thought I remember seeing you quite a bit on this site fellow pro-gunner.
Link Posted: 4/17/2002 10:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top