Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 5:45:10 PM EDT
I want to spend about $75, my sis told me he wants one. Looking on Amazon, looks like you need like 2 or 3 and battle them? They are about $25 each?
Any info is appreciated!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
It's like anything else these days... You need a few to have fun. Get the ones that you can change the tips and the parts out to make the top better. You will need an arena also. It pretty much is a pricey cheap plastic tub but you need one to battle in. Some tops are clockwise spinning and some are counter clockwise. You need the right launcher for each. (they usually come with a launcher)

My 7 YO loves these. I have played the heck out of it with him.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#2]
eh... $75 on beyblades?

really?

you don't think there isn't anything else you could buy for him that would be a tad bit more useful/educational that he might enjoy for longer than a couple months?
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 5:59:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Beyblades are one of those toys that a kid will play the fuck out of for a couple weeks....then literally never touch again.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
eh... $75 on beyblades?

really?

you don't think there isn't anything else you could buy for him that would be a tad bit more useful/educational that he might enjoy for longer than a couple months?
View Quote

I read some of the reviews, they are talking a bout kinetic physics and such...
I am spending about that on her other 2 kids, he wants beyblades and I just thought I get him a bad ass set of them
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Beyblades are one of those toys that a kid will play the fuck out of for a couple weeks....then literally never touch again.
View Quote

Dude, I'm 27 and my partner and I STILL break out the Beyblades once in a while to play them.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#6]
The arena is kinda what I am asking about. I want to get him whatever he needs to do the battle thing.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am spending about that on her other 2 kids, he wants beyblades and I just thought I get him a bad ass set of them
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
eh... $75 on beyblades?

really?

this is, in all honesty, the perfect kind of stupid toy gift to get from a cool uncle.

hope the kid likes 'em
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:02:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The arena is kinda what I am asking about. I want to get him whatever he needs to do the battle thing.
View Quote

Avoid the stunt arena and go with something tub shaped.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 6:09:09 PM EDT
[#9]
thanks for the replys so far
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top