Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2001 2:46:21 PM EDT
I just saw that commercial for Gateway where the owner is talking to the cow about a new deal. The guy says, "blah, blah, blah, with a flat screen for $999?", and the cow says, "Exactly."
The cow used to reply, "Did I stutter?" This leads me to believe that some "organization" complained that the orginal commercial was  "insensitive" to people with speech impediments. [rolleyes]
I'm glad to know that someday it will be illegal to offend anyone. [puke]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:15:37 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a short story by Robert A. Heinlein called "Equality" I believe, that was made into a New Twilight Zone or Amazing Stories episode that I always think about when I read these things.

The pendulum swings both ways though. Eventually able people will rebel, and as they are in the majority, Darwinism will reign again; at least for a while.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:21:00 PM EDT
[#2]
those commercials are funny. make your own non-pc and post em here as videos!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top