Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/16/2001 5:53:19 AM EDT
A couple of weeks ago I was strolling through Wally World and walked by the children's books section (currently my level of reading).  So I decided to buy a armload of 'em cause my boy likes for me to read to him so much.

Anyway, I got home, whipped one out and begin to read.

It was 3 little pigs and the big bad wolf.

Everything was fine until the part where he couldn't blow down the brick house.

At that point he sat down on a old log and began to cry.  The pigs came out, hugged him, and told him that they knew something he could use his amazing talent for.  They took him to the local carnival and he started blowing up colorful balloons for all the children.  He was no longer the big bad wolf.  He is now the big glad wolf.

I was stunned.

If I remember correctly, the big glad wolf climbed on top of the house and slid down the chimney into a pot of boiling water.

I won't even get into how Pinocchio ended.

Lesson:  Read them before you grab a assload of 'em and brainwash your child.  It's too late for me, he gets real pissed if I don't read to him.  I've got to get some real books.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:02:00 AM EDT
[#1]
You're kidding, right?  They really said that he used his special talents to blow up baloons?!  It boggles the mind.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:07:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
You're kidding, right?  They really said that he used his special talents to blow up baloons?!  It boggles the mind.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

No shit.  It blows my mind.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:10:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

God Bless Texas
View Quote

[pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed][pissed]
Go to your nearest bookstore, get the unabridged Grimms, and check around for the others. They still have the real deal at Books A Million...

Don Out
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Fairy tales are meant to frighten; and through frighenting, instruct.  Seek you out good used book stores and haunt flea markets and antique shops.  There you will find old books with the unexpurgated tales.  Buy them, treasure them.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:19:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh.  When I saw the thread title, I thought, "The Little Computer Who Could".
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 12:44:03 PM EDT
[#6]
[img]http://home.earthlink.net/~thegardenweasel/sambo.jpg[/img]

Once upon a time...
no kidding
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:16:56 PM EDT
[#7]
From McUZI's personal library:

Changed to Links so as to not offend the PC folks.

[url]albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=290690&a=9936384&p=56405276[/url]

[url]www.toyz4u.freeserve.co.uk/mini-sg6.jpg[/url]

[url]www.toyz4u.freeserve.co.uk/mini-sg7.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:20:38 PM EDT
[#8]
[url]www.sterlingtimes.org/squibba_v_sambo.htm[/url]

The question is:  Why is Jumbo standing on a Watermelon ?
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 2:24:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Might as well get out the little padlock! This little nostalgia trip will take a bad turn real soon. Watch and see!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top