Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 2/16/2006 3:02:16 AM EST
What should I do if I get orders to a place like CA, NJ, etc. If I am AD military will the state allow me to bring my stuff, Beta mags, drums, under folders, AR's, "high" cap mags, etc. Will the military store all my stuff in non temp storage if I go to a "ban" state.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:03:50 AM EST
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:21:24 AM EST
I had the same question when it looked like I was going to get orders to Camp Pendelton, CA. At the that time I went ahead and contacted the California DOJ and was told that I could get an exemption approved and legally bring "assault weapons" and "high capacity" magazines into the state. If I recall correctly, however, I had to pay an administrative fee of some sort that was around $200.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:40:01 AM EST
Thanks, I'll try to get orders to a gun friendly state, if not, there goes my SBR tax stamp money.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 4:21:52 AM EST
When I was active duty I just left my crap at my parent's place. I couldn't stand going through the hassle of having to check the stuff in and out of the Arms Room (and be there during monthly inventories). Now when I lived offpost; that was a different story.
Top Top