Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2010 2:34:23 PM EDT

Stupid liberals and their useful idiots, thinking stuff is free.  Wouldn't every audience member have to pay taxes on this trip?

http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local-beat/Oprah-Takes-Audience-Down-Under-102775699.html

Oprah Winfrey kicked off her farewell Season in true Oprah fashion by surprising her audience with a big gift: She will be taking all 300 audience members on a trip down under to Australia.

"We're...going...to...AUSTRALIA!!!!" Oprah announced to a shrieking crowd as confetti fell and her set was transformed into a mini airport, complete with a plane and worker with glow sticks to guide it on to the set.

But that was not the end of the surprises for the audience.

"Let's say hello again to captain (John) Travolta," Oprah said, as she introduced the celebrity pilot of their trip. Travolta is a licensed Quantas Airline pilot and has been helping Oprah plan the trip for over a year.

In addition to an 8-day excursion through the outback with a celebrity pilot, each member of the audience received a new smartphone.  It's guaranteed to make the top 10 moments on the Oprah Show.

The TV Talk Show Queen is in her 25th season and last season taping in the Windy City.  Last year Oprah closed down Michigan Ave for the kick off of her 24th season.

Her most memorable giveaway was the kickoff for her 19th season, where each member of the audience received a car.  (And had to pay up to $7,000 more in taxes or forfeit the car)

Oprah car winners hit with hefty tax

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:36:37 PM EDT
[#1]
This is how people become popular, get elected, gain power.

Bribe the masses, and buy their loyalty.
Maybe Travolta will convert them all.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:46:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I wonder if it took a year because they had to refit the plane with a bigger fridge to hold all his hair pieces.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:53:54 PM EDT
[#3]
No, the audience members would not need to pay taxes.  They will be invited guests on Harpo's chartered jet.
If Oprah or the crew brought family members, then, technically speaking, they would have to pay the taxes on what an equivalent first class ticket would cost on that leg.    

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:56:38 PM EDT
[#4]
If I got to the airport and the plane looked a lot like a DC-10, no way in hell would I get on that thing with Travolta on the stick. Might crash in to a volcano or some shit.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:15:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe they'll take the long way -over North Korea.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:17:30 PM EDT
[#6]

FUCK!  I dont want that bitch here!

Itll be good for tourism here though.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:33:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Fuck 'em both...

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:36:23 PM EDT
[#8]
If someone did that on a show I was attending I would be ticked.. who told Oprah I was wanting to travel just by attending a TV show in the audience?

I am one of those types who considers travel an annoyance. I did it all and saw it all as a kid.. now I like my home.. lol

Secondly, who asked if I trust John Travolta with my life.. LOL

Liberals.. ugh.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:37:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If I got to the airport and the plane looked a lot like a DC-10, no way in hell would I get on that thing with Travolta on the stick. Might crash in to a volcano or some shit.

Oh no he didn't.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:39:48 PM EDT
[#10]
My mom went on the show back in '96 and got a trip to Disney.

And by the way, they flew on American Airlines.

She does a lot for people, even if her politics are way off the chart.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
What did we do to deserve this
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:20:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Is Horshack going to be the co-pilot?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:17:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Remember that those folks on Lost took a flight out of Australia, imagine being stuck on an island with Oprah...
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#14]
That is pretty damn cool.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Travolta is filming a sequel to his Scientology movie in Australia.  The working title is..........
Battlefield: PERTH!
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:39:19 PM EDT
[#16]
...there's an airplane that can carry oprah?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Remember that those folks on Lost took a flight out of Australia, imagine being stuck on an island with Oprah...

A buffet of long pig, should be tender too ain't like she has much muscle tone.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:43:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Who cares !!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top