Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2001 5:22:47 PM EDT
OK, I just got a stripped lower Heese.  Guess what...the mag well is a little tight.  Anyway to open the well up a bit?  Sanding w/a Dremel?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:27:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Instead of that use Thermolds and trim those.
How many mags have you tried?
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 8:50:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it a preban?  I guess the easiest thing to do is to sell the thing and get a proper lower like a bushy or colt. I ask if its a preban because if it is then you probably dont want to mess with it too much as it costs more.  Hesse makes a lot of stuff out of spec.  Ask any of the guys who tried to build an  HK91 clone with one of their receivers!
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#3]
A little flat file work on the raised ribs & you'll be back in bidness.  I'd bet on the ribs on the sides in the back of the well.

Norm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top