User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/2/2011 5:14:51 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
What is needed is a revision of our laws to make it clear that no one except law enforcement officers may openly carry firearms within an urban or suburban environment.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/51137797-82/carry-open-openly-carrying.html.csp

What is needed is for people like Steven Gunn to shut the fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:20:27 AM EDT
[#2]
If this is the OP's opinion, I will return.
Otherwise, not in.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:20:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
What is needed is a revision of our laws to make it clear that no one except law enforcement officers may openly carry firearms within an urban or suburban environment.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/opinion/51137797-82/carry-open-openly-carrying.html.csp

Seconded...all in favor???
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:20:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Balls
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:21:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Otherwise, not in.

It's a quote from the article, and out of line with Bama's tone on these matters.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:22:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the I's have it......
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:24:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

the I's have it......

Ayes.  
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:29:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Put your big boy pants on and assess threats based on someone's ACTIONS not the mere presence of an object.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:29:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Otherwise, not in.

It's a quote from the article, and out of line with Bama's tone on these matters.

It's a semi-troll post.  

And Steven Gunn needs to up the shut fuck.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:39:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 5:49:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Can't disagree more.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:28:09 AM EDT
[#12]
The next 'loophole' we need to close is the 'walking across the street without permission' loophole, apparently.  I feel sorry for this joker's clients if he's practiced law for almost forty years but is ignorant of that law, in the state where he resides, on a topic that he crusades about.

[Edit was to add a missing word]
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Mr. Gunn, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent article were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:39:53 AM EDT
[#14]
Liberals are stupid and completely out of touch with reality.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:42:33 AM EDT
[#15]
What we need is a law that only allows police to do with firearms what law biding citizens are allowed to do with firearms. This includes possessing weapons with a "fun" switch or other "non-sporting" features.

No more exceptions

Edit: make it a constitutional amendment.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:43:23 AM EDT
[#16]
open carry does not endanger police officers any more than anyone else. the article is obviously biased
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

You can't just tell a significant per centage of the population to "shut up" because you don't like their views on an issue.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:45:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You can't just tell a significant percentage of the population to "shut up" because you don't like their views on an issue.

No, but that is his opinion and i agree with it.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:50:34 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
open carry does not endanger police officers any more than anyone else. the article is obviously biased

Ya think????  Hell i wish people here had the Option to Carry..Hopefully the SAF suit will open that possibility up for the Citizens of NJ.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:53:55 AM EDT
[#20]
The 2nd Amendment affirms the right of the people to keep and keep arms.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 6:55:37 AM EDT
[#21]
That website is on the blacklist.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:00:52 AM EDT
[#22]
I had a chat with Mr. Gunn back in 1994 or so.  He's been at this quite a while and struggles to remain relevant in the gun control arena in Utah.  He and maybe 3-4 others held a "press conference" on some stupid gun control idea at the state capitol building.  About 200 others (including me) were there as the opposition.

He seems like a nice enough guy as an individual, but is just mentally defective enough to truly believe that his positions have merit.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't just tell a significant per centage of the population to "shut up" because you don't like their views on an issue.

Yes you can, and I think he just did.

in before the next article on the "second amendment loophole"
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:07:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Would Mr. Gunn enjoy a gift basket of dicks?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:09:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

It's not an article, it's an opinion piece, and therefore (by definition), biased.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And the first post has it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:19:13 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yup.

i've noticed that when i open carry (not very often) nobody seems to care... so what the problem is?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Ever notice that, when communists think there oughta be a law but there is none, they call it a "loophole" ?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Ever notice that, when communists think there oughta be a law but there is none, they call it a "loophole" ?

When are people going to realize we need to close that pesky freedom of speech/the press loophole already?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:48:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey,  Being from Utah we have always realized that Steve Gunn is a liberal cry baby,  A nice personable guy, yes he is, but a on this subject he is a cry baby, alarmist, fear monger and suffers from "stinkin thinkin" in addition to being totally wrong.  He is at odds with 90% of Utah's population.  Don't pay any attention to him, because that's exactly what he wants.  The only reason his editorial piece got published is that the Salt Lake Tribune is nothing but a liberal rag. A couple of years ago I sent him a copy of John Lott's "More Guns Less Crime". I doubt if he read it.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 7:59:16 AM EDT
[#31]
This says it all about the article:

"Steven H. Gunn has practiced law in Utah for 37 years. He is a member of the board of directors of Gun Violence Prevention Center of Utah, a nonprofit gun control advocacy group."
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#32]
Sounds like this Steven H. Gunn is a LIBTARD PO CRAP !!!
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#33]

If he wishes to carry it openly on a public street, he can’t have a bullet in the chamber

So stick with an open-bolt weapon and you are G2G

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Yes you can, and I think he just did.

Whats your basis for thinking a person has to right to silence others just because they don't agree with each others views? What if someone tried to do that to you?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:36:15 AM EDT
[#35]
It could be said that being police imperils the safety of police.

Believe it or not, there are more important things in a free republic than the safety of police.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:39:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Loophole –– n.  Any legal activity or item that a liberal wishes were illegal.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:51:01 AM EDT
[#37]
I'm completely against open carry.

I am, however, completely in favor of concealed carry.

It's better to assume everybody is armed rather than knowing exactly who is and with what.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 9:52:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Amen.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Why not, liberals do it all the time?
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yes, and he also calls a person legally open carrying a firearm a gunman.

Slight negative connotation with the use of gunman to describe a citizen who could be as tame as your granny that just wants to protect himself.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:11:51 AM EDT
[#40]
It was the guns that I couldnt see that I was concerned about.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#41]
Slightly off-topic––-the article's author asserted that OC is only legal in UT if one is carrying with the chamber empty....for the UT folks:  Is that true?

ETA:  Disregard––looked it up.  Seems odd, but no more so than CA I guess.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:20:38 AM EDT
[#42]
A good number of Cops do not like anybody else to carry a gun is what I have found, open or concealed.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:20:50 AM EDT
[#43]

But the problem of open carry is not unique to colleges and universities. It presents considerable difficulties and danger to law enforcement officers. Last August a man dressed in full battle gear and holding an assault rifle was observed on Main Street near the Little America Hotel in Salt Lake City. He shot at and wounded a police officer who returned fire and killed the gunman.

Had the shooter not opened fire or acted in an “angry or threatening manner,” legally he could not have been arrested or detained. Carrying an assault weapon on a public street is not a crime — not even a misdemeanor — in Utah.

Seriously? That's the best argument he has?

So if the idiot in Salt Lake City hadn't done anything illegal he couldn't have been arrested? Sounds like a sound legal reason to banning open carry.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#44]
Noted, but my opinion shall remain mine.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:34:14 AM EDT
[#45]
Open Carry no more "imperials" me than a law biding citizen CCWing. Matter of fact open carry I see it I know it's there good. Gunn (as ironic as that shit is) needs to STFU.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:35:20 AM EDT
[#46]
Translation:

"It scares me when I see citizens carrying guns. Sometimes I pee a little at the sight of a gun. If you rascist, selfish, freaks MUST carry your silly guns, I want you to cover it up. This will suffice until we can confiscate your precious weapons and deposit them into a blast furnace. Of course only a trained and specially permitted technician will be allowed to operate the blast furnace. Those are scary, too. Hopefully we can kill reeducate you rascist conservatives for the good of of the USSA once we take your guns."
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:36:58 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Loophole –– n.  Any legal activity or item that a liberal wishes were illegal.

This is the first thing I thought...
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:41:17 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Bama, you need some quotes in there. I thought the first sentence was your opinion.

Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#49]
giving cops guns endangers innocent people and family pets
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 10:44:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Stephen Gunn drinks herbal tea, cries when he feels sad, and still wets the bed.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top