Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/22/2016 8:33:57 PM EDT
Someone embed for me.
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=bdZoLa2rEt0

"And in my club I will spash the pot vhenever the fuck I vant to".

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:34:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Great movie.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:50:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:51:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Jesus that's a hell of an Elk.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:53:17 PM EDT
[#6]
"You feelin satisfied now, Teddy.  Cause I can go on bustin you up all night."
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Great movie.
View Quote
Terrible Russian accent

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:02:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Terrible Russian accent  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Great movie.
Terrible Russian accent  

That's what made it so great!
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:10:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Never seen it and that stupid scene I did just watch will guarantee I never will. I didn't see one single gun
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Great movie.  Fuck Matt Damon though.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:36:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Met Edward Norton at a party after he filmed that movie but before it was released. He was a very nice guy, we hung out and played cards. He showed me things he learned working with card sharks in Vegas.
Yep he's a library, but he treated me as an equal. I treated him like what he is, just another guy who has a different job than me.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:45:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Love that movie.

"They work for the state, you idiot."
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:46:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Of all the great scenes in that movie, and don't get me wrong, I like that scene a lot and love the movie, but what hand did Teddy think he was calling him with? Fucking nothing?

I've never been able to figure that out.

I get it is a movie, but they should have had a flush draw on the table or something. Any halfass poker player would have figured he had a hand if he called and says "I won't respect myself tomorrow" and knew he wasn't on a draw at that point. .

AND what was Teddy representing?

That scene is for people who think poker is a card game.

View Quote

I've had the same thoughts.   I remember going over it with friends in the past and thinking KGB either limped in with Aces (the only logical way for KGB to _know_ the A on the river couldn't have helped mike), or had 10-10 and got a set on the flop and was just so rattled (remember he's on tilt since Mike just told him his tell) and overlooked the straight possibility.  

Remember he makes a healthy bet, and tells Mike "go away" which means he's representing he's got a made hand and Mike's drawing against it.  

If I were betting that many multiples of the blinds I'd have to have a pair of overcards or a set on that board.  That's pretty much it.   And I would have hit the fucking breaks when he called it after first checking.    When he did it again at the river (after Teddy bet the pot) there would be sirens and flashing lights.   From a script perspective the writers can say its whatever they want.  They can say he had rags and was just full on tilting, but there you go.  

Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:48:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Great movie.  Fuck Matt Damon though.
View Quote

In the ass...with a barbwire wrapped saguaro cactus rolled in broken glass.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:48:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Pay that man his money
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 11:44:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 1:33:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Weird watching Rounders and then catching up with Gretchen Mol over a decade later in Boardwalk Empire (which is a damn good TV series, if I say so).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top