Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/23/2002 6:30:34 PM EDT
My Gandfather was up on the eve painting and was attacked by a nest of yellow jackets. He fell 14 feet to the ground on his face and head.  He walked away with 15 stiches!  He says that he can't be killed because since he was born he survived the following.  Pneumonia 3 times before he was 4.  Rickets twice.  4 concussions before he was 12.  He went to the CCC and then was drafted and survived the Japs and their snipers, torpedoes and dive bombers.  Came home and was buried 3 times in the coal mines of W. PA then went on  to get past an Aortic Anuerism rupture and a heart attack.  the guy is the toughest guy I have ever met!  I hope to be as well as him at 80!
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They just don't make'em like they used to!  I can tell he would be fun to hang around with.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:43:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Now thats a REAL man [^]
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:47:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Our superintendant on my last job was 77 years old.  He could take sheet after sheet of 3/4" sheetrock and plywood up 3 flights of stairs when it broke 17-18 year old kids.  Tough SOB.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
You bet, one hell of a man. The damn yellow jackets and fall must have been a walk in the park.
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 6:53:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Man this guy has stories that anyone would call bullshit but my Gandmother(honest as they come) has corroberated many of them.  He says he wants his $450K from Disney because he was buried or stranded 2 times for cutting into a flooded  mine, once for a cave , said he and another kept contact once by raping on a shaft sleeve that was an air course vent!  Beleive it or not our family is from W. PA and I know the mine those guys were buried in!  I actually shot my first deer maybe 1/4 miles from the flight 93 crash site.  But anyway my grandfather is realy a strong man.  He was involved in the Philipine Liberation and seen some heavy stuff.  He was a medic.  Carried an M1 Carbine and a 1911!  Spent 5 months at sea on troop transports and hospital ships, has been to a miriad of ports and fought some serious battles.  I hope to live up to him and my dad(Aircrew, US Navy Vietnam).
Link Posted: 11/23/2002 7:23:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My grandfather is a WW2 vet.

Extremely fit person throughout his life, started running marathons in his 60s...

Roughly 7-8 years ago he was cleaning their roof from snow, had no safety rope and fell into the driveway going into the cellar, roughly 25ft from the roof edge.

Well, he survived with broken bones.

Now, 3 years ago when on a bicycle run, he was hit by a car, he spent a few months in hospital and has recovered 100% from the injuries.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top