Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/19/2001 11:27:26 PM EST
Gentlepeople, Simple fact is; We need the US and the US needs Europe. Tradewise & defensewise. Working for THE largest US firm (as a Dutchman) I can say that we all cooperate just fine (in the company) and understand or at least accept cultural differences. Most of the time there are more similarities than differences! And we don't necessarily have to see eye to eye on everything, that would be boring, right? [b]'Can't we all just get along?'[/b] [blue].....Now lets all hold hands and sing 'We are the World'.....![/blue] Cheers, RG.nl
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:42:45 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bollocks: Working for THE largest US firm (as a Dutchman) I can say that we all cooperate just fine (in the company) and understand or at least accept cultural differences. Most of the time there are more similarities than differences!
View Quote
You've obviously never dealt with the French. [:D]
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:44:03 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/20/2001 12:42:14 AM EST by raven]
I could care less if Euros dont like Bush I've liked the Dutch, and think they are a model of modern civilization. I haven't liked all the Italians I've met, but they have a fantastic country and are masters at the art of living. The Finns I resepect for their resistance against the Soviets and their adriotness with modern informqtion technology. So I am willing to bury the hatchet.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:21:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:27:58 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 4:46:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By raven: I've liked the Dutch, and think they are a model of modern civilization. .
I agree. They enjoy, in many instances, far greater civil liberties. Check out Their search/sieze laws. Pretty lax. I myself, on the whole, enjoy Europeans. They are not so hung up on sex and drugs. They also seem to know how to enjoy life more. We work way to much in this Country...They take easy. We might have a few more Bucks in are pocket, but what does that all matter in the long run?
Top Top