Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2005 6:13:34 PM EDT
So I have this kitten, a big kitten at 11 1/2 pounds and only 6 months old.  He's more like a puppy than a cat, as he plays with everything, drags things around the house and will eat anything.  Anytime I open anything to eat he shows up to see what it is...that explains why he's 11 1/2 pounds at only 6 months!  Tonight I opened a jar of olives, I figured the slighty bitter taste would be a good lesson that he doesn't always want to eat what I'm eating...so I gave him one.  To my suprise he started licking it...then he started playing with it.  I told you he plays with everything.  Well probably 30 minutes later I hear him scratching at the floor like he would in the litter box, this goes on and on so I get up to see what's going on.  Well let's just say he did eat the olive...but only temporarily, it got its revenge and came back up.  He was scratching trying to cover up the mess.  I guess he taught me lesson.  Don't feed the cats olives!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:22:47 PM EDT
[#1]
My brother said that green olives were better than catnip for his wife's cat.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
At least it only came out one end.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:27:30 PM EDT
[#3]
My cat LOVES olives from pizzas... He jumps on the table, steals one from your plate and then plays with it all around the place and even tries to get the olive smell by pressing himself against the floor where the olive was and stuff...

Very weird, he likes to play with lots of things, but olives drives him insane!
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:32:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Had a little Bombay cat who loved to eat pimiento stuffed olives from the table.  Lost him 3 years ago.  Still miss him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2005 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
At least it only came out one end.

Actually after I got done cleaning up that mess he ran to the litter box.  

From the sound of it just olives that don't mix with this cat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top