Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 6:48:05 AM EDT
Spoke with the command career counselor, I meet all the rwuirements for eligibility.  he gave me the go ahead to cal the Army WCO recuiter and he told me I need to schedule the AFAST.  So I need to study for this.  I need at least a 90 he said..  One time deal.  This opportunity will never come again for me so I am jumping at it.  The USN will never afford me the opportunity to fly.  So I'll still be on the same team but playing a different squad..  If I make it..
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:05:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:07:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Warrant
Officer
Candidate

Good luck & enjoy Ft. Mother Rucker...
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:10:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck, I looked at that and the ARTS program the USAF had...but I chose to get out and operate for the airlines.

Somehing was holding me back in the late 90's from doing it..I think it was all the metal bending that was going on at the time.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:28:46 AM EDT
[#4]
It's gonna kill me to leave the USN though.. I bleed Blue and Gold..
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:46:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Is the USN flying warrant program not running?
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:05:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Way cool!

I took the AFAST many years ago (yeah, I passed it but my career direction took another turn).

My advice is to go to the library and read everything you can about flying helicopters and other aviation related topics.  Don't take the test cold.  Prep!

And good luck!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Is the USN flying warrant program not running?

It is but only taking 35 Navy wide and I am over age criteria which is non waiverable..

Better shot with the USA..
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Good luck.

I have a friend who tried the same thing.

Joined the Navy and spent four years on destroyers.

Then joined the Army to go become a helo pilot.  Had his class date and everything when the peace dividend of the early 90's canx his plans.  The Army said basically we are sorry, we are downsizing, what would you like to do now?  He opted for airborne and went to jump school but broke his leg on his 5th jump.  By then he was pretty discouraged and got out when his hitch was up.  Says that hindsight is always 20/20 and if he'd known what was going to happen he would have stayed in the Navy.

He always had good things to say about the Navy and crappy things about the Army.  Even tried talking my son out of going into the Army.  My son doesn't regret the decision to go in the Army but he now understands why my friend said some of the things he said.  My youngest son wants to be a 19D cav scout and I've been trying to talk him into joining the Navy or Air Froce.

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:21:27 AM EDT
[#9]
I heard about this program while I was in Nuke school.  Thought it was cool but never really gave it much thought.  I would have been a problem since I would have only done it if I could fly an Apache.  Nothing else would have been sufficient.

The most baddest ass chopper ever.  Ever.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 10:21:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:30:06 PM EDT
[#11]
if you are interested i may have the test prep book. If you want it I will mail it to you. I pussed out and couldn't commit. Email me with your info and I will look this weekend for it.

best of luck
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 12:35:36 PM EDT
[#12]
good luck man!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top