Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:24:53 AM EDT
My uncle was complaining about you need a Class C license to own machine guns, and I told him that was bull and all he needed was local LEO approval and a $200 tax stamp on each gun. Which got me thinking: Why do so many people perpetuate the Class C/Class III license? How did it get started?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Well, consider how ignorant most folks are about firearms laws in general and then add in the C-3 factor.

I know "gun guys" in this state (Class-3 available if you've got the $$$) who think MG's are 1) Illegal, OR 2) only available with a Class-3/sot license.

I get a (Mean) kick out of tellin' 'em that, if they can buy a pistol they can get a Thompson SMG (Their little eyes light-up like it's Christmas lol).  Then I tell 'em what a nice '28 goes for and they deflate
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#2]
not sure where to even start with that one....

maybe here :

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=158292
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top