Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 6:46:02 AM EDT
[url]http://www.bradycampaign.org/downloads/aaaw.pdf[/url]

and I quote; [i]"rapid-fire ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds"[/i]

What the FUCK is a rapid-fire magazine? [:(!]

Why aren't there shitloads of lawsuits against people like these that keep spreading blatant LIES to the American public in order to further their own interests?  For fuck's sake.  Making people believe that high capacity (read; standard capacity for all of us that know better) magazines somehow magically increase the rate of fire of a rifle is not only disgustingly crooked, but given the ends they hope to accomplish with such bullshit makes it downright criminal.

I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but ARGH!!!!!  Just makes my damned blood boil
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I guess if we rapid fire the first ten rounds only, then leave a second or so between shots after that, a Beta-C should be OK?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:02:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I hear ya brother..

reminds me of a fone call I got from the NRA....

they called about the "AWB" (Illigal, I might add) and wanted to make sure I knew about it...

well, I beat the caller to the chase several times.

when they wanted my "help".. I basicly cut them off and asked them to send along thru channels, what I have told them via the fone and writting...
If the NRA would have stood behind the RKBA, and not pussyfoot around with the politicians.. we wouldnt have a problem.  the RKBA is just that.  good day
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:18:30 AM EDT
[#3]
[i]rapid-fire ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds"[/i] [>:/]

Maybe the shooter has a Full-Auto finger, so with the Hi-Cap Mags with the Semi-Auto Rifle will thus become Full-Auto. [lol]

Full-Auto Finger [rofl2]

[size=6][blue] BRADIANS ARE IDIOTS[/SIZE=6][/BLUE]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Consult your lawyer. He will explain why there are not shitloads of lawsuits against the Brady Campaign.

The first amendment applies to us all, even the toads at the Brady Campaign.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Consult your lawyer. He will explain why there are not shitloads of lawsuits against the Brady Campaign.

View Quote

Since WHEN does the First Amendment give you the right to lie?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Fuck her.

Put it in her pooper, then post pics.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Since WHEN does the First Amendment give you the right to lie?
View Quote

The first amendment doesn't say anything about what you say being true or false. It gives everyone the right to say anything they want, even if it's total BS. We then have the right to call them on it and tell everyone about it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:37:52 PM EDT
[#8]
The first amendment says you can only distribute something that can be backed up by fact. It does not give you the right to print everything, however you can say anything you want. At least, that is what I got from reading it word for word.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:24:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 2:32:53 PM EDT
[#10]
People percecute thing that they have no idea about all the time. Lets face it if these people knew what was really going on they would not be trying to take our guns they would be putting killers in jail.

Of course we would not want to infringe uppon the killers rights though.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 3:12:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; [red]or abridging the freedom of [/red][blue]speech[/blue], or of the [blue]press[/blue]; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

View Quote

Main Entry: abridge
Pronunciation: &-'brij
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): abridged; abridg·ing
Etymology: Middle English abregen, from Middle French abregier, from Late Latin abbreviare, from Latin ad- + brevis short -- more at BRIEF
Date: 14th century
1 a archaic : DEPRIVE b : to reduce in scope : DIMINISH
2 : to shorten in duration or extent
3 : to shorten by omission of words without sacrifice of sense : CONDENSE
synonym see SHORTEN
- abridg·er noun
View Quote

Main Entry: free·dom
Pronunciation: 'frE-d&m
Function: noun
Date: before 12th century
1 : the quality or state of being free: as a : the absence of necessity, coercion, or constraint in choice or action b : liberation from slavery or restraint or from the power of another : INDEPENDENCE c : the quality or state of being exempt or released usually from something onerous d : EASE, FACILITY e : the quality of being frank, open, or outspoken f : improper familiarity g : boldness of conception or execution h : unrestricted use
2 a : a political right b : FRANCHISE, PRIVILEGE
View Quote

Main Entry: speech
Pronunciation: 'spEch
Etymology: Middle English speche, from Old English spr[AE]c, sp[AE]c; akin to Old English sprecan to speak -- more at SPEAK
Date: before 12th century
1 a : the communication or expression of thoughts in spoken words b : exchange of spoken words : CONVERSATION
2 a : something that is spoken : UTTERANCE b : a usually public discourse : ADDRESS
3 a : LANGUAGE, DIALECT b : an individual manner or style of speaking
4 : the power of expressing or communicating thoughts by speaking
View Quote

Main Entry: 1press
Pronunciation: 'pres
Etymology: Middle English presse, from Old French, from presser to press
Date: 13th century
>
>
>
7 a : the gathering and publishing or broadcasting of news : JOURNALISM b : newspapers, periodicals, and often radio and television news broadcasting c : news reporters, publishers, and broadcasters d : comment or notice in newspapers and periodicals
View Quote

IMHO, I think it was the objective of this part of the 1st that people and press could [b]tell the truth w/o reprocussions[/b].  Not go around blabbin' what ever the fuck they wanted.
and while we're at it....

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
View Quote

IMHO, this tells me, that in order to regulate the milita (ANY military force), to keep the free men free,  the PEOPLE have the right to have/own/use firearms and that right will not be violated.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:53:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:56:51 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:27:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well actually they say gun owners are this that and everything in between, if they can't prove that every last law abiding gun owner is this or that or anything in between than you know what that would be grounds for a lawsuit, it's slander, and or libel as this crap is said and printed. Remember they paint us all as potential criminals, or as criminals. I'm sure you could find a way to file a suit that would walk.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Nothing in the Bill of Rights GIVES you anything.
If you think the BoR gives you rights, you are screwed already.
The BoR recognizes rights you already have.  If the Constitution never were written, you'd have those rights.
View Quote

Actually, let me clarify what I meant, because I already share that belief with you...

The first amendment applies to us all, even the toads at the Brady Campaign
View Quote

I was trying to point out to bigdb1, from a legal standpoint, that the 1st amendment wouldn't protect you in a court of law from slander and deception.  The Bill of Rights doesn't represent a God given right to lie and deceive.  In fact, if you're of the Catholic persuasion, the 9th Commandment expressly forbids misrepresentation of the truth.  Point being, one does not have the right to lie, mislead, or slander.  That's a personal choice, and an indicator of poor morals.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 9:05:17 AM EDT
[#16]
[b] "rapid-fire ammunition magazines that hold more than 10 rounds"
[/b]

Wouldn't that be one of those USA mags that puke when you drop them?

I agree, those pieces-of-shit should be outlawed.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 2:42:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top