Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2009 12:23:02 AM EDT
I was about to go and grab my ar.

I heard a loud bang, and see a van parked in front of my house, engine running and lights on. Odd, since its 4am, and there is 6-8" of snow on the ground and the streets arent plowed.

Well it was whoever drops off the paper. I guess i need to go to bed since i have never been up this late, i had no clue when the newspaper came, and also had no clue three people work as a team to do it!
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:23:52 AM EDT
[#1]
csb
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:24:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Must have been the newspaper cannon
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 12:24:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was about to go and grab my ar.

I heard a loud bang, and see a van parked in front of my house, engine running and lights on. Odd, since its 4am, and there is 6-8" of snow on the ground and the streets arent plowed.

Well it was whoever drops off the paper. I guess i need to go to bed since i have never been up this late, i had no clue when the newspaper came, and also had no clue three people work as a team to do it!

This exact same thing happened to me. I heard what I thought sounded like someone kicking my door at 4AM some time ago. I grabbed the gun and ran into position and waited, when I didn't hear anything, I inched to the window and saw a guy throwing papers out of car
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:10:59 AM EDT
[#4]
You pay for that service and throwing arm.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:20:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Great after reading this im going to have that Kinks song stuck in my head all day...

Paranoia May Destroy Ya..
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:23:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Should've fired a shot or two across the bow anyway, just in case they were planning anything shady.  You never know.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:25:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Drawdown on the paperboy; almost as good as the Wal-Mart door greeter or driver that flips you off.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:25:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Shoulda threw a Flashbang in return.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:28:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Wut!?!?? No motion sensor spotlights coming on, or releasing of the hounds? Search light? Flares? Nothin? Ur preps are lacking....
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:34:04 AM EDT
[#10]
had the same thing happen a year ago

had the loud noise as the newspaper hit the door. WTF ?

see a person going past my front window-

first thought was home invasion... grabbed the AR

look out the window- just a bunch of mexicans delivering papers... or casing the neighborhood.

paranoia will really fuck your head up !
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Decaf-try some.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, hmmmm.

I have seen more than a few posters claim that "someone" pounding at your door a o-dark thirty is prima facia evidence that they are criminals trying to do you harm and that it is perfectly fine to throw a few rounds through the door.

Paperboys need to start wearing body armor and yelling "paperboy!!!" at every stop, just in case.

I'm guessing that, in practice, shooting through doors at unidentified targets isn't done nearly as much as folks would think...

Just saying...

pato
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:14:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm glad you're armed AND have internet access.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 7:29:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I'm glad you're armed AND have internet access.

This should be the new reply for all of the cool brother stories!!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top