Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2008 5:19:30 PM EDT

There will be an extension on getting in registration pics until Midnight Sunday the 13th.

Post your 'before picture' and your weight in this thread.

Make sure we can tell it's this week.

Submissions made before Midnight Friday, April 11th, will be in the challenge and competing for all the donations and prizes.

The winner will be the person who losses the biggest percentage of their weight.

A most improved title will also be voted on in the team forum.

We can discuss weight loss stuff in the other thread lets try to keep this thread just registration pictures.

Good luck every body.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:24:07 PM EDT
[#1]
329,  Goal, 245. Won't make it in 3 months. My 3 month goal is ROUGHLY 280. When it heats up, the summer riding will help.

bout to head in the truck stop and take a shower. I'll hit the scale too for a recheck.  Pics were taken the day of this post, not today.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:39:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Weighed in this morning.

Im 6'5" and at 255. Id like to get down around 220.

Will add pics later probably tonight.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Weighed myself just a minute ago, 240lbs.

Oh yeah, I'm 5'9" tall.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:18:42 PM EDT
[#4]
ok, here goes....I was gonna do shirt on, but I figure fuck it...the more 'in my face' the before pic is, the more motivation I have to create a worthy after pic.... I don't have a date in the picture, but these were just taken tonight by my wife.  Weight at time of picture...270 by my bathroom scale.

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 6:31:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
placeholder
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 10:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#7]
350 as of this morning. Pics to follow as soon as I figure out how to set the stupid clock.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 11:46:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Well I didn't get a pic of me on the scale but I took a pic of my weight watchers membership with the date and weight.

My weight was 397# on April 10 at the weight watchers meetings.

I think I'm going to just keep going there to weigh in so I can have something easily scanable because these pics are horrible.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 9:39:22 AM EDT
[#9]
6' and 292 lbs. as of this morning, according the gym's high-dollar scale.

I got a little sunburnt over the weekend...
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 11:33:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd be in on this.   So why is no one actually posting their pics?  *I'm at work so can't post mine right now*
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 11:40:28 AM EDT
[#11]
5'4"
182 lbs

pic when i get home

Link Posted: 4/8/2008 1:41:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Weighed myself this morning and I was 224. I'm 6'2". I'll get pictures later.
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 4:05:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
placeholder
Link Posted: 4/8/2008 7:22:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Okay, here goes:

Frank Symptoms, 290 pounds, 8 April 2008:

Hope this don't gross ya out too much!

ETA1 My goal is 250 pounds. After that I'll take a breather and continue later.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 7:12:12 AM EDT
[#15]
I weigh 233.4 as of 5 minutes ago, down from 241 at the start of last week. I've been hitting the cardio heavy and I dropped my diet way down on calories. My meals are 1+ gallons of h2o, fresh fruits, tuna fish, brown rice, plain oatmeal with peanut butter mixed in, whey +skim milk shakes, etc. I'm back on the weights too, so I'm really looking to gauge things by my waist size, gut, and chin(s) rather than my overall weight. My goal is 32" or less on the waist, currently a tight 36"

Who would have thought you could put on so much weight over a few months of being couped up in the house?

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 10:11:24 AM EDT
[#16]
This is a placeholder for later. I need to weigh myself again and be someplace where I have a digital camera.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 10:58:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 11:28:05 AM EDT
[#18]
6' 1" and 253 lbs. according to the bathroom scale.

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 11:42:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Pics from Tonight

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 1:27:07 PM EDT
[#20]

6'
400 lbs
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#21]
5'5"
189.4 pounds
29% body fat (Per the skin test done at the gym yesterday... I'm gonna die)

OK, it's 10:30 pm here, this is the best I could do.

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:21:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
5'5"
188.5 pounds (Per my gym scale yesterday)

Pic to come soon.

On the charts I've seen 18-25% is considered acceptable...you're not too far off.  I've never done a skin test before...what is your target weight at 5'5", about 150?
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:38:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Picture to come soon... I need to photoshop my face out.

5'8" and 247 lbs.

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#24]
k, I couldn't get a pic to come out of the scale cause of the damn flash, but 6'0 329.  I started Atkins at 345 Just over a week ago. So the initial rush of weight loss is gone for me, ya'll have an advantage. Bring it on. Pics to follow later when I can move.

I've been doing big ring climbs
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry it's late (and that it's sideways, I'm new to photobucket)

5'10"
current 250

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 8:02:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I took pics tonight, but they didnt turn out right. I will retake them tomorrow and get them posted.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 9:05:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
5'5"
188.5 pounds (Per my gym scale yesterday)

Pic to come soon.

On the charts I've seen 18-25% is considered acceptable...you're not too far off.  I've never done a skin test before...what is your target weight at 5'5", about 150?

Yeah, I'm just above acceptable, but it's nasty to think that 29% of my body weight is flab.

Skinfold test

Before I quit construction and went back to college 5 years ago I weighed about 140 - 145, I would like to get back to that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 3:58:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
329, Pics to follow. Goal, 245. Won't make it in 3 months. My 3 month goal is ROUGHLY 280. When it heats up, the summer riding will help.

That is also my almost my exact weight and goal. #330 now. 6'3"
I will debate tonight wether or not I want to post a pic.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
329, Pics to follow. Goal, 245. Won't make it in 3 months. My 3 month goal is ROUGHLY 280. When it heats up, the summer riding will help.

That is also my almost my exact weight and goal. #330 now. 6'3"
I will debate tonight wether or not I want to post a pic.

Ya can't play if you don't post a pic!!!  leave a T-shirt on and cut it off at the neck like the other guys are doing, it's no biggie.  Hell, I posted my man-titties for the world to see.....they'll be gone in a couple of months anyway, so I'm not shy.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#30]
I will post pics tonight.- Art
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 2:45:42 PM EDT
[#31]
170lbs this morning before breakfast.  Which is amazing to me, because I eat alot.  And sleep alot.

5' 10"

Consider me entered.  I've never consciously tried to lose weight, so this should be an interesting experience.  Hopefully I'll at least learn how to live a little more healthily through this competition.

eta: I just noticed, my ecsema rash follows the contour of my belly!
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#32]
5-11 and 236 lbs with jeans and my shoes on.  

Link Posted: 4/11/2008 10:37:58 PM EDT
[#33]
I need an extension for my pics. Couldn't find the camera. Should be able to get it and put the pics up tomorrow though.
Link Posted: 4/11/2008 11:30:44 PM EDT
[#34]
one more day for me also please. Nobody around to take a pic of my fat ass today, and if you saw my bathroom remodel thread then you know I don't have a big enough mirror for a self portrait.
Link Posted: 4/12/2008 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Just found out ill be working out of town for the next 2 weeks so Im not too sure how good ill be able to watch what I eat, but Im going to try to do my best anyways.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:11:28 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't know about you all, but I got on the scale yesterday before my workout, exactly one week into this thing, and I'm at 261.  That's down 9 pounds from my initial weigh in!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I've done about 14 miles on the treadmill as of this morning (haven't worked out yet, but getting ready).

The change in diet has been by far the hardest part.  I'm a total fast-food addict, but I haven't touched it since I started this (last Monday), and I've cut my portions way down.  My wife and I calculated my intake yesterday and it was probably around 1300-1400 calories.  I'm not sure if that's too little or about right, but the weight is definitely coming off.

How's everyone else doin'?  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:37:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I don't know about you all, but I got on the scale yesterday before my workout, exactly one week into this thing, and I'm at 261.  That's down 9 pounds from my initial weigh in!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I've done about 14 miles on the treadmill as of this morning (haven't worked out yet, but getting ready).

The change in diet has been by far the hardest part.  I'm a total fast-food addict, but I haven't touched it since I started this (last Monday), and I've cut my portions way down.  My wife and I calculated my intake yesterday and it was probably around 1300-1400 calories.  I'm not sure if that's too little or about right, but the weight is definitely coming off.

Don't eat too little while working out or you'll end up losing muscle.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:41:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Counting calories has got to suck

I'm not near a scale and haven't been in days, so I don't know numbers. I'm gaining a LOT of definition in my legs though, some in my arms. and the fat areas in some places are kinda loosening up.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:44:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Gentlemen, particularly those of you above 5'7", 1800 calories is probably the absolute minimum safe amount to eat.  Please don't starve yourselves.  How you eat is important, yes, but you must actually EAT.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 2:48:02 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

For those that don't know AGW, I've talked with him extensively about this subject and the man knows his stuff, any advice from him should be considered good to go.

If I had more will power and time, he'd have guided me to well below what I weigh now, but I'm a weak no willpower having pansy boy

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:26:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Gentlemen, particularly those of you above 5'7", 1800 calories is probably the absolute minimum safe amount to eat.  Please don't starve yourselves.  How you eat is important, yes, but you must actually EAT.

Good to know AGW.  Thanks.  I'm 6'4", so I'll follow your advice.  

I'm really focused on Cardio at this point, but intend to start mixing in more training on the bowflex to build muscle (since muscle helps burn fat).  The treadmill indicates that I'm burning about 250-260 calories per session, which is 45 minutes and about 2.5 miles at various inclines.  I don't know how accurate it is, but my heart-rate is sustaining around 150-160.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

I'm down to 235...there abouts, maybe a little lower, I cannot read the scale(dial) without my glasses on, and whenever I weigh I normally don't have my glasses within reach.  I kinda messed up my Atkins this weekend, but am getting back into it now.  A week or so before starting this challenge, I started Atkins, and went from 250 to 240 for the first weigh in.  I was hoping to be to 230 by the weekend, but as of right now I do not see it happening, but you never know.  

I've been exercising nearly every morning, mainly riding on the stationary bike for awhile then getting on the tread mill for a HIIT session.  It's about the best I can do right now where I'm at, considering I'm in college and all.  However, tomorrow morning I am going to go for a run through a neighbor hood here, and see how that goes.  I am going to start changing up my routine a bit.

Oh, I'm also trying to eat earlier at night, say around 5-6pm instead of after 8pm like normal.  I did it for the first time last night, and felt better when I went to bed.  I'm also starting to limit my portions, even on atkins, and eat more small meals throughout the day.

Anyhow, its time to finish homework so I can go to bed, then back up in the morning for another workout session.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Should any of you find, through your quest to lose weight, that you like running so much that you want to train for a marathon, or find that you're a barbell prodigy and want to be a competitive power lifter, remember this:

Once your goals are realized and you wish to exceed in some kind of physical activity, FEED yourself.  A super low-cal diet may have lost you the weight, but that mindset is no longer valid when it's time to keep your body nourished for your sport.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Should any of you find, through your quest to lose weight, that you like running so much that you want to train for a marathon, or find that you're a barbell prodigy and want to be a competitive power lifter, remember this:

Once your goals are realized and you wish to exceed in some kind of physical activity, FEED yourself.  A super low-cal diet may have lost you the weight, but that mindset is no longer valid when it's time to keep your body nourished for your sport.

I used the Medifast diet before and just dumped bunches of weight real fast, but it all came back once I started eating a normal diet again.

This time I'm doing it right by upping my burned and lowering my calories in. I doubt I will be dumping weight as fast as the no carb guys, but I'm betting the results last longer.

Oh, and there is no way I could adhere to my training with a <1000 calorie low carb diet like atkins or medifast.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 5:25:34 PM EDT
[#45]
Uh, the low carb diets ain't low calorie by any means.  Calories just really don't matter much. I've yet to feel hungry or not have any energy, if anything I have more energy than before.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:16:06 PM EDT
[#46]
I hated I just missed the deadline on this challenge because I am also on a diet and my ultimate goal would be from weighing 305 when I started a couple of months ago down to 205-200lb range. I know at 5'10" I should only weigh around 195lbs according to Army scales but I would be happy with 205-200.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I used the Medifast diet before and just dumped bunches of weight real fast, but it all came back once I started eating a normal diet again.

The reason you tend to see a lot of people gaining weight back after some major loss is because they likely lost more than just fat as weight.  Your body simply will not tolerate or sustain that.

Focusing on exercise more than intake, like you, is advantageous because you can near-infinitely increase the amount of work you do, but you can't infinitely decrease how much you eat.

But, like I said earlier, once you've reached a certain milestone (bodyfat %, particular weight, mile time, etc), cutting calories is probably no longer in your best interest.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:42:55 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

WOOOHOOOO!!!!

229.2 this morning. That's 4 lbs or so from the day I took my pic and 12lbs so far off my starting weight (I started a diet/workout plan on my own about a week before the contest started).
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:54:39 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Uh, the low carb diets ain't low calorie by any means.  Calories just really don't matter much. I've yet to feel hungry or not have any energy, if anything I have more energy than before.

I don't believe I have had this much energy in awhile.  I've been waking up refreshed every morning, and it feels good to start the day with good energy.  Combined with exercise, I really feel good throughout the day.  Now I just gotta stick strictly to Atkins, instead of varying off every once in awhile like I've been doing.

Time to hit the gym, then go do some jogging around the golf course a little ways down the road.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't believe I have had this much energy in awhile.  I've been waking up refreshed every morning, and it feels good to start the day with good energy.  Combined with exercise, I really feel good throughout the day.  Now I just gotta stick strictly to Atkins, instead of varying off every once in awhile like I've been doing.

Time to hit the gym, then go do some jogging around the golf course a little ways down the road.

Once you have been going with Atkins for a while, the cravings go away and you will have a very easy time not cheating. In the beginning I found it fairly difficult but now I've been going cheat free since January 1.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top