Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 647
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:39:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

McDermott and Beane took a team that hadn’t made the playoffs to the playoffs in the first year and now they are a serious contender.
View Quote

Well one of those years was because of Andy Dalton...

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:40:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

McDermott and Beane took a team that hadn’t made the playoffs to the playoffs in the first year and now they are a serious contender.
View Quote

He should have won in 19 or 20.

Overwhelmingly the award goes to Coaches who turned around losing Franchises.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#3]
The 2022 AFC South is officially the worst division in AFC history (since the merger).
Their 23-43-2 record (.353) took the top spot over the 2008 AFC West (23-41, .359).

The 2013-2015 AFC South have the 3 thru 5 spots. That's impressive.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:42:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

WTF? I think you mean Washington and too me that would be one of the last places he should go. Niners and then Jets...
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://media.giphy.com/media/3ohuAwaX6Q13W78tdS/giphy.gif

From a competitive standpoint, I think the only teams that might make sense for Brady are the 9ers and WTF.

Behind them are probably the NYG, the Steelers, the Jets, and oddly, the Patriots.

If I were in his shoes, my choices would be the 9ers and the beach.

WTF? I think you mean Washington and too me that would be one of the last places he should go. Niners and then Jets...

Pre-requisite number one should be a top-5ish defense. The WTF has that.

Next question is, which team suffered from bad QB play, and could benefit the most from high floor, questionable ceiling QB play as Brady ages. The WTF is definitely on that list.

After that, you get into things you can boost in one offseason like OL and WR/TE strength.

The biggest problem with the WTF is what's in the front office, not what's in the locker room.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:45:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

I posted shortly after the Bucs beat the Chiefs in the Super Bowl that Brady should have retired then and there.  Perfect chance to go out on top, he had nothing left to prove, and at that point Mahomes would need to win 6 more Super Bowls to catch him and even then Brady would still have the "head-to-head tiebreaker."

When Brady announced he was coming back I made a joke about the Liar Liar "Simmons is old, he should have been out of the game years ago, but he can't stay home cause he hates his wife" scene.  Turns out that wasn't far off.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Incomplete.  Please include COD K/D ratio and recalculate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Laramie

Our Baby Yoda vs Baker Mayfield team membership bet for the season is now complete.

Murray

52.1 QBR + 87.2 Passer Rating = 69.65 average

Mayfield

24.8 QBR + 81.3 Passer Rating = 53.05 average
Incomplete.  Please include COD K/D ratio and recalculate.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:49:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Next question is, which team suffered from bad QB play, and could benefit the most from high floor, questionable ceiling QB play as Brady ages. The WTF is definitely on that list.

After that, you get into things you can boost in one offseason like OL and WR/TE strength.

The biggest problem with the WTF is what's in the front office, not what's in the locker room.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

From a competitive standpoint, I think the only teams that might make sense for Brady are the 9ers and WTF.

Behind them are probably the NYG, the Steelers, the Jets, and oddly, the Patriots.

Their head coach Rivera is an old school dinosaur that doesn't want to seem to adapt on the offense side. I think Tom would probably want a offensive head coach like the Raiders, etc...

Going to be an interesting offseason.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:55:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Another one bites the dust.

Expensive, too...
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:55:05 PM EDT
[#9]
It was "Fate" not "Fake". Found the clip.
I was listening to it on my cell phone radio, sitting outside in a camping chair. It was a real nice day here yesterday.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2023-01-08-tony-romo-needed-to-let-the-moment-breathe/
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Their head coach Rivera is an old school dinosaur that doesn't want to seem to adapt on the offense side. I think Tom would probably want a offensive head coach like the Raiders, etc...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would Brady want an offensive coach?

Brady IS the offensive coach. Anyone bringing him in in 2023 is paying for his leadership, not his arm.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:01:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I was listening to it on my cell phone radio, sitting outside in a camping chair. It was a real nice day here yesterday.

https://foxsportsradio.iheart.com/content/2023-01-08-tony-romo-needed-to-let-the-moment-breathe/
View Quote

Still
People are allowed to have emotions and shit. YMMV
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Brady IS the offensive coach. Anyone bringing him in in 2023 is paying for his leadership, not his arm.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's a player/leader not an offensive OC guru...good luck not focusing on the offensive side.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Another one bites the dust.

Expensive, too...
View Quote
People were asking if they were going to fire him last year and instead they signed him to a 6 year extension. Stupid is as stupid does.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:12:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:13:53 PM EDT
[#16]

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most of us already reached the conclusion that what you claimed happened never actually happened, but thanks for confirming.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I am interested tonsee the result regardless

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope she changes her mind about getting pregnant. If there was ever a woman that should have used a surrogate.

I am interested tonsee the result regardless

Quoted:

With today's editing tech pretty much anyone can "sing."

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/5ddc336bfd9db244c913783d-460.gif

I dont care if she lip syncs some Lil Wayne, I just want to see her strut around
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FmC82WrXEAItI8e?format=jpg&name=small
View Quote
No way in hell. There are a number of teams in the top 10 who could be looking to move up for a QB. Bears trading down and accumulating more picks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:20:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I dont care if she lip syncs some Lil Wayne, I just want to see her strut around
View Quote

So say we all
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:20:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

What amounts to a first round pick for Chase Claypool.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:20:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/67ThRZlYBvibtdF9JH/giphy.gif
View Quote

Do we know the total amount the Cardinals still have to pay him?
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:26:45 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No way in hell. There are a number of teams in the top 10 who could be looking to move up for a QB. Bears trading down and accumulating more picks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way...get him a top tackle and more picks.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:29:01 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Most of us already reached the conclusion that what you claimed happened never actually happened, but thanks for confirming.
View Quote

I guess you didn't take the time to listen to it. Sorry your hero got dissed.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
Speaking of Lil Wayne, long time Packers fan. He's had enough of 12.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

He had an attitude at UGA that kept him on the bench for most of his first 2 years there, barely passing in academics as well. They took a thug out of the hood but he is still a thug at heart.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same dude again getting ejected
Didn't realize it was the same guy from earlier this year. Stop pushing guys after the whistle. Especially staff. Idiot.

Guaranteed that was the last snap he took with this team

Yeah...I doubt it.

1st round pick from a national championship team that was known for that D.

It's a serious issue, but I'm doubting they cut an investment like that this early on. I wouldn't be surprised if they add to that position to be safe though. Might even be good to humble the kid & force him to grow up a bit.

He had an attitude at UGA that kept him on the bench for most of his first 2 years there, barely passing in academics as well. They took a thug out of the hood but he is still a thug at heart.

No doubt.

I've always found the little pissing match shoves after a play to be low class thug shit, at all levels of the game. IMO, this is what happens when you get comfortable just shoving people without repercussions...
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one was doubting that someone said something negative about Romo.  You claimed Romo was screaming "ITS FAKE" and that clearly never happened.  You even confirmed in a later post that it never happened.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed. Other than people (probably in Chicago) just being bored in their offseason, there is no serious "should the Bears take a QB at 1" debate.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:52:39 PM EDT
[#31]
Yesterday, a Colts player force-fumbled a guy on his own team.

Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:55:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw that yesterday and it immediately reminded me of that play where a player picked off the ball in the end zone, was about to bring it out, his teammate had the bright idea to stop him from bringing it out by tackling him, he caused his own teammate to fumble the ball, and the offense then recovered it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:56:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote
"Indianapolis Colts you are NOT slick!! I see what you just did. Forcing a fumble on your own teammate huh?! Nice. Come on Texans, get your heads in the game. We can't let them out tank us!"
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 1:58:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Agreed. Other than people (probably in Chicago) just being bored in their offseason, there is no serious "should the Bears take a QB at 1" debate.
View Quote

As a Bears fan I was hoping for a better season this year, but I guess a number one pick is something. No idea what they will do with it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

As a Bears fan I was hoping for a better season this year, but I guess a number one pick is something. No idea what they will do with it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They SHOULD trade down.  Whether or not that's what they'll actually do... we'll see.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:02:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

No doubt.

I've always found the little pissing match shoves after a play to be low class thug shit, at all levels of the game. IMO, this is what happens when you get comfortable just shoving people without repercussions...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Didn't realize it was the same guy from earlier this year. Stop pushing guys after the whistle. Especially staff. Idiot.

Yeah...I doubt it.

It's a serious issue, but I'm doubting they cut an investment like that this early on. I wouldn't be surprised if they add to that position to be safe though. Might even be good to humble the kid & force him to grow up a bit.

No doubt.

Players pushing each other around is not that bad, almost expected from time to time. Players pushing staff is bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:03:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

No one was doubting that someone said something negative about Romo.  You claimed Romo was screaming "ITS FAKE" and that clearly never happened.  You even confirmed in a later post that it never happened.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

CDS
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:07:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Players pushing each other around is not that bad, almost expected from time to time. Players pushing staff is bullshit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah...I doubt it.

No doubt.

Not just staff, but medical/training staff checking on an injured player 6 days removed from a member of medical staff literally saving a player's life.  One Packers player shoves him in the back and then another Packers player intentionally bumped into him.

12+ hours later and I'm still baffled at what I saw.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:07:44 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

With an explanation.

But you always have to get a last word in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:11:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Current Super Bowl odds:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#41]
The Chiefs have some pretty good odds for a "non-contender."
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:21:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Bucs at 2800 feels like a value bet just because of Tom. I know it was against shit opponents, but the last two weeks he is throwing over 75%, 9.61 AYA with 5 TDs, 0 INTs and a total combined 121.4 passer rating. Much higher than his seasonal average across the board. Combine with playoff atmosphere and a decent defense...
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:23:55 PM EDT
[#44]

I have $100 in free bets on Fan Duel.  I think putting $50 on the Bengals might be a good value.  

I'm driving my wife crazy now that online betting is legal.  I've been doing small bets but so far this week I've bet on golf, soccer, NBA, NCAA basketball, NFL and now NCAA football.  It sure makes watching sports more exciting.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:24:39 PM EDT
[#45]

At this point the city of Chicago is starting to look like a desperate middle age ex-wife. Bitch, he gone. Nothing you change now is bringing him back. The Bears have repeatedly said they are not interested in a renovation, in fact they aren't even interested in discussing one at all. They have had no conversations with the city regarding this. The city just keeps pushing it. It's never gonna happen. The Bears have the opportunity to own their own stadium and have control of the surrounding area. The city is never going to give them that.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
The Chiefs have some pretty good odds for a "non-contender."
View Quote

Quoted:
Bucs at 2800 feels like a value bet just because of Tom. I know it was against shit opponents, but the last two weeks he is throwing over 75%, 9.61 AYA with 5 TDs, 0 INTs and a total combined 121.4 passer rating. Much higher than his seasonal average across the board. Combine with playoff atmosphere and a decent defense...
View Quote

HK what is your take on the best value bet?
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:38:00 PM EDT
[#48]

The relationship between the Chiefs, Bills, and Bengals here makes no sense.

Throw the whole thing away.
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:38:17 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

https://media2.giphy.com/media/67ThRZlYBvibtdF9JH/giphy.gif
View Quote

Is there a clause in there if he gets another gig the Cards don’t have to pay out?

I think cliff gets another shot.

While we’re on HC vacancies, idk who the fuck would take the Texans job. What a dumpster fire.

So far we have what, four vacancies? Cards Texans broncos and panthers??

Edit colts too
Link Posted: 1/9/2023 2:46:07 PM EDT
[#50]
Please fire Dennis Allen.  Please fire Dennis Allen.
Page / 647
Top Top