Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2009 12:28:04 PM EDT
Stimulus is sure being put to good use…NOT

So I can only speak for my area, but I have seen several projects start up around where I live…most of them will have a big sign that says “America invest and recovery” or “stimulus project” or some bull shit to let everyone know to thank Obama…

But here is what im noticing…they are projects that didn’t even need done!!!  The biggest one is a huge strip of 77 south just south of the 77/70 crossing…they are redoing the highway, I drive it everyday, there was nothing wrong with it, it did not need redone!  WTF?  And I saw one of the workers in Subway at lunch and asked him, he said the same thing, and also told me they are not even hiring new people to do the projects, they are just more booked up then normal and putting some stuff on hold for later, but no new jobs created.

So im glad our polititions are trying to get us out of this mess by doing more of the same of what started it…”hey guys, lets spend borrowed money on stuff we don’t even need”…ya that should do the trick!
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:01:00 PM EDT
[#1]
no shit
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:02:11 PM EDT
[#2]
obama has fixed the economy, he told us so
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Just imagine a trillion dollars of waste.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the money will go for signs to tell us how good Obama is.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:16:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I once heard that in FDR's National Recovery Act (the first incarnation of the New Deal, until it was ruled unconstitutional) they hired bums to chase tumbleweeds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:18:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

no shit

This.

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:18:27 PM EDT
[#7]
But, but, what about all of those jobs being created?

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:21:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Most of the money will go for signs to tell us how good Obama is.

Kinda like the Norks?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:30:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

So I can only speak for my area, but I have seen several projects start up around where I live…most of them will have a big sign that says “America invest and recovery” or “stimulus project” or some bull shit to let everyone know to thank Obama…

But here is what im noticing…they are projects that didn’t even need done!!!  The biggest one is a huge strip of 77 south just south of the 77/70 crossing…they are redoing the highway, I drive it everyday, there was nothing wrong with it, it did not need redone!  WTF?  And I saw one of the workers in Subway at lunch and asked him, he said the same thing, and also told me they are not even hiring new people to do the projects, they are just more booked up then normal and putting some stuff on hold for later, but no new jobs created.

So im glad our polititions are trying to get us out of this mess by doing more of the same of what started it…”hey guys, lets spend borrowed money on stuff we don’t even need”…ya that should do the trick!

No diffferent than all the money pissed away by Halliburton in Iraq. Waste is waste, both sides do it. If we are going to point the finger, let's point everytime our tax dollars get pissed away, regardless of who is prez

Link Posted: 8/4/2009 1:32:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Obama had a political connection in your area who needed a massive kickback from a construction company.  It's that easy.  Hell, he can't make every connected friend a czar, can he?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:26:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
obama has fixed the economy, he told us so

I had a dog that was fixed once too. Pretty much the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:35:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No diffferent than all the money pissed away by Halliburton in Iraq. Waste is waste, both sides do it. If we are going to point the finger, let's point everytime our tax dollars get pissed away, regardless of who is prez

"Halliburton" was/is feeding and sheltering our men and women in the US Military.  You think that is a waste?
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#13]
They have been going and "back paying" projects which have already been completed so they can throw "This was paid for by the stimulus" on it

Such a scam.
Link Posted: 8/4/2009 6:45:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Obama = waste.

Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#15]
the funny thing is i finally got the libtard i work with...

today he was bitching about a few things, one was welfare, the fact that for many it keeps them from getting a job, beucause if they got a minimum wage job it would actually be less then what they get on welfare, and they would loose their health benifits for their kids, also bitched about soemthing about child support and how it wasnt set up right...THEN he basicaly admited that a most of the laws and regs that are jacked had good intentions, but end up being to complicated, or are not flexible for different situations

SO HERE IS THE BEST PART....right after he admits this, i look right at him and say..."and your are glad we just gave them over 1 trill to spend, and NOW you want to put them in charge of health care???

he didnt have anything to say for once.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#16]
nss
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:26:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Yep , i'm really mad at what they're doing in my section of Ohio.

One section of US23 they're redoing was already done about 2 years ago. Now i'm not a expert , but I imagine that a road
lasts a little longer than 2 years (There's roads that are WAY worse in the state and they're not fixing them).

All they're doing is putting people to work doing useless jobs just so they have jobs.

Just imagine, a FRACTION of this money could have been taken , and invested in space projects, and we not only
could of had a launch loop , but mining projects on the moon for HE3 and other associated super-materials, giving
us national dominance for the next 100 years, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO they want to waste money on fixing
roads.

Our government is full of idiots..........................
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#18]
But that's not what BUH-rock o-BOMB-ah said!!!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:47:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Yep , i'm really mad at what they're doing in my section of Ohio.

One section of US23 they're redoing was already done about 2 years ago. Now i'm not a expert , but I imagine that a road
lasts a little longer than 2 years (There's roads that are WAY worse in the state and they're not fixing them).

All they're doing is putting people to work doing useless jobs just so they have jobs.

Just imagine, a FRACTION of this money could have been taken , and invested in space projects, and we not only
could of had a launch loop , but mining projects on the moon for HE3 and other associated super-materials, giving
us national dominance for the next 100 years, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO they want to waste money on fixing
roads.

Our government is full of idiots..........................

Make-work.

"There's dirt in my hole, Luke.  Why's there dirt in my hole?"
Link Posted: 8/5/2009 7:47:57 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I'm from the government, and I'm here to help.

RUNNNNNNNN!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top