Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/30/2004 1:26:37 PM EST
All right, you guys have convinced me to try some Oakleys. I checked with a guy and I'm good to go for a .gov purchase. Does thi mean I am chhosing out of a different, or smaller, pool of products? I thought I read somewhere that there were some differences.

Also, what are your preferences of style and lense color, and why?

Thx
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:32:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
All right, you guys have convinced me to try some Oakleys. I checked with a guy and I'm good to go for a .gov purchase. Does thi mean I am chhosing out of a different, or smaller, pool of products? I thought I read somewhere that there were some differences.

Also, what are your preferences of style and lense color, and why?

Thx

Yes, the products available for the mil/LE discount come from a smaller selection. Mainly, the products are "tactical." Subdued logos, subdued frames, subdued lenses, etc.

If you're looking for a pair with plasma colored frames and fire lenses, then your shit outta luck. Your pretty much limited to black frames and lenses like black/grey/vr28/etc.

BFD, they're cheap, and they don't come in ghey colors. I've got a guy who can get me some Oakley's through the mil/LE program, and I'm constantly haranguing him to bring me a damn order form.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:33:33 PM EST
I'm interested in this...anyone have more info or a link with such? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:38:42 PM EST
How do I get in on this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:44:57 PM EST
don't know if they are included in the smaller pool you apparently have to choose from but I endorse square wire 2.0 for daily wearers. I have two pairs with the spring hinges and polarized lenses, one in titanium and they are fantastic. The titanium pair is particularly lightweight. They fit so well I sometimes forget that I am wearing them. Of course, they may not fit you like they fit me so... eh, that's my vote for whatever its worth. I might add that I think the spring hinges and polarization are well worth the additional cash.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:48:18 PM EST

I was part of an Oakley group buy with some guys from my Guard detail. We got Oakley SI 2.0 (IIRC) which are not available to civilians, at $45, and a Soft Armor case for $10. On base at the PX, they were listed for about $30 more for the set.

Basically, whoever is doing the group buy needs to call Oakley (or a distributor) and try to set up the discount. It wasn't very difficult for us.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:50:38 PM EST
Anyone who has a ID card, willing to sprend the minimum order, which is a moving target it seems to change every time the units I have been in and done it, and willing to wait can get a limited selection of oakley products for about half off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:51:53 PM EST
Im in for a group buy
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 1:56:14 PM EST
Me too...SIGN ME UP!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:02:16 PM EST
Likewise.

Like to see a catalog with pic's first though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:02:58 PM EST
I just did a LEO purchase, it was a 500 dollar minimum order on the glasses, and a 200 dollar minimum order on the boots. It was worth it, everything was half price from retail. The selection is limited to Standard Issue glasses, but the had the M-Frame, Half Jacket, and some E-wires to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:07:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 2:07:40 PM EST by MDC85]
I got some Oakley Minutes with the subdued logos for 70 bucks at our NEX....very slick
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:10:18 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 2:42:47 PM EST by Alien]

Originally Posted By Mohegan21:
I just did a LEO purchase, it was a 500 dollar minimum order on the glasses, and a 200 dollar minimum order on the boots. It was worth it, everything was half price from retail. The selection is limited to Standard Issue glasses, but the had the M-Frame, Half Jacket, and some E-wires to choose from.

You might want to double check that $500 minimum order. I spoke with Oakley about 3 weeks ago and there was a $200 minimum order on glasses. The form says $300 but it's $200 the lady assured me. My uncle is ordering a pair for himself and I had him order me two pairs of glasses while he was at it. Individuals can order glasses for themselves, so I don't think they'd expect a person to buy up $500 in sunglasses for themselves, considering they're already half off. Unfortunately he hasn't made the order yet, so I'm still waiting, but with much anticipation! I went with 2 pairs of polarized E-Wires for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:15:21 PM EST

Originally Posted By Colt_sporter:
Me too...SIGN ME UP!!!

I'll go for two pair...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:19:00 PM EST
I'm in like Flynn if we do a group buy.

I want a HalfJacket XLJ Array. w00t.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:39:51 PM EST
They don't sell Romeos or Juliets or any of the "fancier" glasses by the way.
Top Top