Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/30/2004 2:26:37 PM EDT
All right, you guys have convinced me to try some Oakleys.  I checked with a guy and I'm good to go for a .gov purchase.  Does thi mean I am chhosing out of a different, or smaller, pool of products?  I thought I read somewhere that there were some differences.  

Also, what are your preferences of style and lense color, and why?

Thx
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:32:09 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
All right, you guys have convinced me to try some Oakleys.  I checked with a guy and I'm good to go for a .gov purchase.  Does thi mean I am chhosing out of a different, or smaller, pool of products?  I thought I read somewhere that there were some differences.  

Also, what are your preferences of style and lense color, and why?

Thx

Yes, the products available for the mil/LE discount come from a smaller selection. Mainly, the products are "tactical." Subdued logos, subdued frames, subdued lenses, etc.

If you're looking for a pair with plasma colored frames and fire lenses, then your shit outta luck. Your pretty much limited to black frames and lenses like black/grey/vr28/etc.

BFD, they're cheap, and they don't come in ghey colors. I've got a guy who can get me some Oakley's through the mil/LE program, and I'm constantly haranguing him to bring me a damn order form.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm interested in this...anyone have more info or a link with such? Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:38:42 PM EDT
[#3]
How do I get in on this?
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:44:57 PM EDT
[#4]
don't know if they are included in the smaller pool you apparently have to choose from but I endorse square wire 2.0 for daily wearers. I have two pairs with the spring hinges and polarized lenses, one in titanium and they are fantastic. The titanium pair is particularly lightweight. They fit so well I sometimes forget that I am wearing them. Of course, they may not fit you like they fit me so... eh, that's my vote for whatever its worth. I might add that I think the spring hinges and polarization are well worth the additional cash.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:48:18 PM EDT
[#5]

I was part of an Oakley group buy with some guys from my Guard detail.  We got Oakley SI 2.0 (IIRC) which are not available to civilians, at $45, and a Soft Armor case for $10.  On base at the PX, they were listed for about $30 more for the set.

Basically, whoever is doing the group buy needs to call Oakley (or a distributor) and try to set up the discount.  It wasn't very difficult for us.

Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:50:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who has a ID card, willing to sprend the minimum order, which is a moving target it seems to change every time the units I have been in and done it, and willing to wait can get a limited selection of oakley products for about half off.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Im in for a group buy
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:56:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Me too...SIGN ME UP!!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:02:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Likewise.

Like to see a catalog with pic's first though.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I just did a LEO purchase, it was a 500 dollar minimum order on the glasses, and a 200 dollar minimum order on the boots.  It was worth it, everything was half price from retail.  The selection is limited to Standard Issue glasses, but the had the M-Frame, Half Jacket, and some E-wires to choose from.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:07:29 PM EDT
[#11]
I got some Oakley Minutes with the subdued logos for 70 bucks at our NEX....very slick
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:10:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I just did a LEO purchase, it was a 500 dollar minimum order on the glasses, and a 200 dollar minimum order on the boots.  It was worth it, everything was half price from retail.  The selection is limited to Standard Issue glasses, but the had the M-Frame, Half Jacket, and some E-wires to choose from.

You might want to double check that $500 minimum order. I spoke with Oakley about 3 weeks ago and there was a $200 minimum order on glasses. The form says $300 but it's $200 the lady assured me. My uncle is ordering a pair for himself and I had him order me two pairs of glasses while he was at it. Individuals can order glasses for themselves, so I don't think they'd expect a person to buy up $500 in sunglasses for themselves, considering they're already half off. Unfortunately he hasn't made the order yet, so I'm still waiting, but with much anticipation! I went with 2 pairs of polarized E-Wires for what it's worth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:15:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Me too...SIGN ME UP!!!

I'll go for two pair...
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:19:00 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in like Flynn if we do a group buy.

I want a HalfJacket XLJ Array. w00t.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 3:39:51 PM EDT
[#15]
They don't sell Romeos or Juliets or any of the "fancier" glasses by the way.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top