Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 11/29/2001 9:32:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:08:21 AM EDT
What you ask for does not exist. The closest thing would be akin to DriveImage or Ghost. But, if you image a C: drive, it will expect to be restored as a C: drive. ALWAYS MAKE COPIES OF THE INSTALL DISKS. SOMEDAY YOU WILL BE GLAD YOU HAVE THEM.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:15:38 AM EDT
Yep, no such program that I know of. A lot of the install programs throw files and dll's everywhere. In their own dir, in winnt/system32, in the shared dir. Unless you have some installer program remember where what went, no way to 'move' the programs from one drive to another. Remove and reinstall. I loved just moving a dir in the old dos/win3.1 days. Worked every time.
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 10:22:55 AM EDT
I don't know that it will do exactly what you want, but Norton Utilities might be able to fix that kind of stuff. I bought it when I lost the partition table on my hard disk, but then I also used their Windows system doctor to check my system. I had moved a bunch of games from my C: drive to my D: drive for sake of space. Most of them worked anyway. I can't think of any that didn't. But Norton's Windows Doctor utility corrected a lot of the broken entries in the registry. It also couldn't correct some of them, so I don't know that I'd recommend it. I would probably just try moving the folders and see if the games still worked. If not, move the folders back. Just my 2 cents.
Top Top