Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2001 7:46:00 PM EDT
Can someone help me out with this problem. Since yesterday the content advisor has been activated and I can't get to ar15.com. The message says that there is no rating so I can't get to the page or change the levels without a password. Is there a default password or some way to backdoor into the content advisor? Thanks in advance.

Karl
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:52:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Dude - not a windoze 95 problem, it's IE.  On IE go to the Help pulldown menu/Contents and Index.  Do a search on Content advisor - and that should get you going.  
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can someone help me out with this problem. Since yesterday the content advisor has been activated and I can't get to ar15.com. The message says that there is no rating so I can't get to the page or change the levels without a password. Is there a default password or some way to backdoor into the content advisor? Thanks in advance.

Karl
View Quote

Yeah  Nutscaper [:D]

Btw

Get up to speed!! 95 is like? so 6 years ago!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a few reg keys you can remove to disable that, I have them wrote down at work, remind me by email tomorrow if I don't write back [email protected]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#5]
erikm - thanks for the help, I eagerly await your assistance because this is starting to piss me off!

Boomstick - I haven't really felt the need to upgrade yet, the computer is used mainly to access the internet.

Thanks to all who replied

Karl
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 9:00:00 AM EDT
[#6]
here goes I haven't seen a 95 box in a while and this is from the days we were using IE 3 or 4 over here, what I have here says to delete the entire reg key titled \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Ratings\Key
and then delete ratings.pol from your windows/system directory. (you may have to shut down windows and boot to a prompt to delete that .pol file)

If you are using higher than IE4 and this is no longer the current way to do this (I don't know, I think it should still work, but I don't have a 95 box to test), I would not imagine this would hurt anything, but you might to be on the safe side, back up that ratings.pol file and that entire reg key and all it's subkeys and values to a file before deleting them.

let me know if it works.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top