Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2002 1:37:12 PM EDT
I have some old coins here that I would like to know their value...

I obviously don't know the first thing about these, or where to find a place when can tell me their value, so naturally, I came here!

OK, I have three coins here.. here are their descriptions:

Coin #1: Siver with writting that appears to be German. It's dated 1847-1934. It has a picture of a man on the back of it. It's not Hitler. The writing states: "Daul von hindoenburg" under the man. Well, that is what the letters look like to me.

Now, on the front side of it there is a bird pirched on the Nazi symbol. Under the bird's left wing, there is a "5". Under the right wing there is writing that looks like "reitns marf".

Under the Nazi symbol, this is written: "Deutfcnes Reinch 1937".

On the side of the coin there are some symbol looking things, and some more writing.

Any idea what it is, or what it's worth?

Coin #2: a penny that is larger than a quater with a (appears to be) man sitting on a wheel chair, holding a pitch fork. It's dated 1896.

On the back, There is what appears to be a woman's head and shoulders. This the following writting borders the woman: "VICTORIA DEI-GRA BRITT RECGINA - FID - DEF - IND - IMP."

Any idea what it is, or what it's value is?

Coin #3:

Appears to be German again. The front has a "D" at the top, with a drawing of wheat laced together, making a "tent" type shape, with the wheat itself hanging off. Dated 1936.

On the back in the very middle there is a "5" encapsulated by a diamond with wheat around it. The following writing borders the diamond: "EUTSCHES REICH REICHSPFENNING".

Any idea of what it is, or value??

Thanks,

ComputerGuy

Edit: I had accidently written "With that appears to be a man shitting on a wheel chair"..meant to say sitting..lol..
Link Posted: 3/23/2002 2:19:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The german coins aren't worth much, according to a cursory search.  According to [url=http://www.joelscoins.com/nazi.htm]this site[/url], the german coins you listed are worth $9.50 and $2.00 respectively.

As for the other coin, I have no clue.  This site might help you:  [url]http://hiwaay.net/~hfears/UK/vic/victoria.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 12:42:56 AM EDT
[#2]
The other coin is a English penny. They were all that big before they changed. I was stationed in Scotland in the late 60s. I saw lots of them. John
Link Posted: 3/24/2002 6:25:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ComputerGuy, [b]answers in bold[/b]

OK, I have three coins here.. here are their descriptions:

Coin #1: Siver with writting that appears to be German. It's dated 1847-1934. It has a picture of a man on the back of it. It's not Hitler. The writing states: "Daul von hindoenburg" under the man. Well, that is what the letters look like to me.

[b] That would be "Paul von Hindenburg", President of the German Reich, he was born 1847 and died 1934.[/b]

Now, on the front side of it there is a bird pirched on the Nazi symbol. Under the bird's left wing, there is a "5". Under the right wing there is writing that looks like "reitns marf".

[b] Try "5 Reichsmark", you know, as in Deutschmark. DM was used from 1948 til 2002, and succeeded the RM. [/b]

Under the Nazi symbol, this is written: "Deutfcnes Reinch 1937".

[b] Deutsches Reich 1937, country and year of issue [/b]

On the side of the coin there are some symbol looking things, and some more writing.

Any idea what it is, or what it's worth?

[b] it's a German 5 Mark coin from 1937. [/b]

Coin #2: a penny that is larger than a quater with a (appears to be) man sitting on a wheel chair, holding a pitch fork. It's dated 1896.

On the back, There is what appears to be a woman's head and shoulders. This the following writting borders the woman: "VICTORIA DEI-GRA BRITT RECGINA - FID - DEF - IND - IMP."

Any idea what it is, or what it's value is?

[b] Victoria, through the grace of God Queen of Britain. That's a Victorian penny from Britain. And yes, that's the Queen Victoria the Victorian Era is named after.[/b]

Coin #3:

Appears to be German again. The front has a "D" at the top, with a drawing of wheat laced together, making a "tent" type shape, with the wheat itself hanging off. Dated 1936.

On the back in the very middle there is a "5" encapsulated by a diamond with wheat around it. The following writing borders the diamond: "EUTSCHES REICH REICHSPFENNING".

[b] That's a German 'nickel', if you want, a 5-Pfennig coin (100 Pfennig or Pf, or R.Pf = 1 Mark, or DM, or RM) [/b]

About the man shitting on the wheel.......give my kind regards to Dr Sigmund Freud ;)
I have no idea about the value, but I'd take the 5 RM coin :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top