Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2001 12:00:22 PM EDT
Ive posted this before, but I lost all the links when I got a new computer.

Does anyone know where I can find a USGI Surplus Jeep? I guess I could settle for a kit too.

Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:36:42 PM EDT
[#1]
It was my understanding that the government was not selling any M151 series Jeeps because they could not meet civilian safety standards, and the Hummers were sent back for rebuild.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I know that there are thousands of surplus WWII, Korea and Vietnam jeeps out there. I've seen them many times, but dont know where to get them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:52:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Used to see those surplus Jeeps in every magazine you picked up, but have not seen any lately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 1:56:27 PM EDT
[#4]
 Ther is a newsletter called Military vehicles, out of NJ.  Private collectors and dealers use this as their source for all military vehicles and parts.  Why a Jeep?  Get something REAL cool, like a half-track.......
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:35:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 3:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Arizona Gun Runners sell Unimogs. They are on the web, I don't have the URL handy, the also sell all types of weapons related stuff. The call the unimogs something goof like Steyr-?????. They have photos on the site.

Unimogs are eurpoean militatary vehicles. They have a high bed like our 2.5 ton trucks and a full cab. They have really tall wheels/tires and a ground clearance of like 24" They look unique.

If you need an off-road utility vehicle the unimog may be a viable option.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top