Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2001 11:00:22 AM EST
Ive posted this before, but I lost all the links when I got a new computer. Does anyone know where I can find a USGI Surplus Jeep? I guess I could settle for a kit too. Thanks for any help!
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:36:42 AM EST
It was my understanding that the government was not selling any M151 series Jeeps because they could not meet civilian safety standards, and the Hummers were sent back for rebuild.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 11:38:29 AM EST
I know that there are thousands of surplus WWII, Korea and Vietnam jeeps out there. I've seen them many times, but dont know where to get them.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:52:05 PM EST
Used to see those surplus Jeeps in every magazine you picked up, but have not seen any lately.
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 12:56:27 PM EST
Ther is a newsletter called Military vehicles, out of NJ. Private collectors and dealers use this as their source for all military vehicles and parts. Why a Jeep? Get something REAL cool, like a half-track.......
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 2:35:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 4/29/2001 2:46:22 PM EST
Arizona Gun Runners sell Unimogs. They are on the web, I don't have the URL handy, the also sell all types of weapons related stuff. The call the unimogs something goof like Steyr-?????. They have photos on the site. Unimogs are eurpoean militatary vehicles. They have a high bed like our 2.5 ton trucks and a full cab. They have really tall wheels/tires and a ground clearance of like 24" They look unique. If you need an off-road utility vehicle the unimog may be a viable option.
Top Top