Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/8/2002 7:48:28 AM EDT
Some bible banging friend or some do-gooder signed me up for a prayer request E-mail site. Now let me state, I am a believer and have seen the power of prayer at work here, and there are lots of people who desrve it, but I had one in my inbox this AM that struck me as hillarious. If there is a near-Darwin award list this one should be on it. OK maybe I am just warped, but you read it and see what you think beacuse I cannot find compassion for these people!

[url]http://www.mountainwings.com/past/mon.htm[/url]
-
MountainWings A MountainWings Moment
#2189 Wings Over The Mountains of Life

The Man Next Door
==================

This is an actual MountainWings Prayer Request.
------------------------------------------------

My husband underwent two major hip surgeries. He could no longer do the things he used to do; he was constantly tired.

A neighbor who had recently moved across the street from us(20 years or so our junior) introduced my husband to methamphetamine. We had never taken drugs before. I was 33 and my husband was 36 at the time.

I started to notice my husband getting around, having plenty of energy and beginning to work on the house again. He finally told me what he was taking and said maybe I would like to try it since I had been taking care of everything financially, home wise and the children since my husband's disability.

I was exhausted.Needless to say, I tried it and liked the new found energy it gave me. To make a long story short, the kid that lived behind us was making the stuff up himself (which we didn't know at the time) and to make money when he was out of the true ingredients,he used whatever he could find around his home. His young wife told me later that he gave me concrete cleaner.

I took it to work with me and did a little bit and within 15 minutes I knew something was terribly wrong.

My husband called me at work to tell me not to take it because it didn't look right to him; he was asleep when I left for work, but it was too late.

I was talking, but I didn't know what I was talking about.I was just saying crazy things to my boss. My husband called my boss and told them I was ill and he would need to come and get me from work, but they weren't dumb. Needless to say, I lost my job and was fortunate that I didn't lose my life.

I did get some brain damage, which causes me to have auditory hallucinations that I now have to take medication for. I may have to take the medication for the rest of my life.

I went into a deep depression and so did my husband. He blames himself, I don't. Even though I didn't really know anything about drugs, I was the one who made the decision to take it and continued to take it.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 7:49:03 AM EDT
[#1]
cont.

The horrible thing about this drug is that it doesn't make you feel messed up the way some drugs do. It just gives you lots of energy to start out, but as time progresses and you become addicted, it begins to take away all your energy and whatever life you may have left.

You stay depressed, fatigued, lost, and alone.
You can't do anything without the drug. But the saddest part to this story is that even with all that I have lost because of it, my husband and I are still using this drug.

We know what it has done to our lives; it has almost destroyed our whole family. It has destroyed my life, but we are both afraid that we won't be able to make it without it.

He stays in so much pain from his hip, and I have physical pain besides the voices I hear. We both stay so depressed that the drug is the only thing that gets us out of bedto halfway
function.

I have quit taking the drug several times but my husband won't give it a try, so I always end up back on it again.

I am so weak. When I've been off the drug I do feel tired and I do hurt more, but I think those feelings would eventually ease off the longer I was off the drug. But I end up asking for it again.

We have discussed trying to get off the drug and cried in each other's arms like babies over this addiction that has taken over our lives. We feel worthless, useless and alone because we
don't want anyone to know what we have allowed ourselves to fall into.

We both used to be strong people.

I have prayed to the Lord over and over again for his help. I feel ashamed to ask him anymore for his help, because every time he helps me be strong and quit, I just start doing it again.

I thought if I could tell you this story maybe you could pray for us, maybe God will believe enough in you to try to help us again. I don't feel worthy enough to even whisper His name,
even though I know He still loves me and that is why I am so ashamed. I keep letting Him down too.

Maybe the more people who could pray for us God will give us another chance. I'm just so afraid of letting Him down again.

I have never had a thing like this take total control over me before. I just don't understand it. How could I still do this after all we have lost and all I have lost personally? I just don't understand.Please if you would, pray for us. I feel ashamed asking you to pray for us, but I just keep believing down inside my heart, somewhere deep and hidden, that we will overcome this someday with the Lord's help.

When I started having the auditory
hallucinations, I decided to tell our family what had happened to us but they became very
distant and wouldn't speak to us for years; so we had to pretend that we quit so they would love us again and talk to us. So we can't tell them. It's hard to keep it inside sometimes.

I still have the dreams that we will be rid of this evil someday before it kills one of us. If you can find it in your heart to
pray for us, I would very much appreciate it. I know God will listen to you. I am tired of lying to Him. Thank you for listening to me, and thank you for your prayers if you decide
you can pray for us.

Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
A neighbor who had recently moved across the street from us([blue]20 years or so our junior[/blue]) introduced my husband to methamphetamine. We had never taken drugs before. [blue]I was 33 and my husband was 36 at the time.[/blue]

[i]< SNIP >[/i]

[blue]His young wife[/blue] told me later that he gave me concrete cleaner.
View Quote

This would put the married neighbor, somewhere around 15 or 16.  Kinda young to be hitched, dontcha think..? [>:/]
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:04:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Well I am not a believer.....so thanks for making my day!!

BRAAHHA AHHAHAHAHAaH
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:06:47 AM EDT
[#4]
kinda what I thought Anti?

They have an online form for prayer requests. Maybe someone should go to the site and request a prayer for the mall ninjas that protect us & keep us safe while shopping?

Later

IAJack
Link Posted: 7/8/2002 8:31:57 AM EDT
[#5]
seems to me like a darwin waiting to happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top