Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 7:18:48 AM EDT
www.atf.gov/firearms/saw-factsheet.pdf

Hot damn, I never thought I'd see the day. My local gunshop now has this printed out and hung on the wall. It's a good freaking day!!

Doc
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:21:12 AM EDT
[#1]
dupe x  4

But I don't mind at all today !!!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:21:41 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
dupe x  4

But I don't mind at all today !!!!!

indeed!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm, linky no work anymore and the ATF has taken the breaking news blurb off their front page.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Back up now - and so are the links and news blurb.  No cause for panic, apparently.....
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:23:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hmmm, linky no work anymore and the ATF has taken the breaking news blurb off their front page.

link worked for me...could be user error?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:25:46 AM EDT
[#6]
I HATE the last line about no changes to existing state laws...
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Hot damn, I never thought I'd see the day. My local gunshop now has this printed out and hung on the wall. It's a good freaking day!!

Doc

www.atf.gov/whatsnew.htm
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Ok, fast forward to next Saturday, at any gunshow.

Can you imagine how sick all the "$2000 pre-ban because there will never be any more" sellers will be after the 300th time this is stuck in their face?

Paybacks a' Bitch!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#9]
From the bottom of page 1:

"Anyone who illegally possessed, manufactured, or transferred semiautomatic assault weapons or
large capacity ammunition feeding devices before the bans sunset still have violated the law
since their possession, manufacture, or transfer was illegal at the time."

How in the hell is that going to be enforced?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:54:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

"Anyone who illegally possessed, manufactured, or transferred semiautomatic assault weapons or
large capacity ammunition feeding devices before the bans sunset still have violated the law

Thats just boiler plate ATF lawyer crap.  Remember, the ATF is really just the tax collector arm for the Treasury Dept/IRS (I know firearms are now Justice but the Lawyers all used to work for treas).  They use this language regularly for tax laws which change all the time.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#11]
Yes, but the media is uniformly reporting that the ban expires TOMORROW.  

They haven't even checked the ATF's website for their facts and yet we are supposed to trust them to tell us the real story about anyting else?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:59:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

It's a CYA measure in case there's pending litigation against people who violated it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:05:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

By going to websites like this, and laughing at all the folks who built something today.  The press release was deliberate mis-information.

TXL

[/tin foil hat off]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:11:27 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
It's a CYA measure in case there's pending litigation against people who violated it.

Yeah, I got to thinking about that after I posted. Probably right. If someone got away with it, then they got away with it. If someone was arrested and charged (and possibly convicted) with violating the AWB prior to expiration, they still get to go to jail, directly to jail, without passing "GO," and without collecting $200.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Doc

Printing me off a couple of copies as i type.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#16]
... Anyone have FAX numbers for Feinstien, Schumer, Boxer, Brady, Metzenbaum and Hillary?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
... Anyone have FAX numbers for Feinstien, Schumer, Boxer, Brady, Metzenbaum and Hillary?

DiFi's FAX: (202) 228-3954

Schumer's FAX: (202) 228-3027

Boxer's LA FAX: (213) 894-5042

The Brady Center's FAX: (202) 408-1851

Metzenbaum is long GONE. He can BLOW.

Hitlery's FAX: (202) 228-0282
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:42:37 AM EDT
[#18]
It seems like a dream!  I cannot believe it happened.  Oh happy days!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:44:59 AM EDT
[#19]
The wording has chainged on their website.  It appears that 12:01 am on the 13 was a misprint and it really is 12:00am on the 14th.  So it expires tonight not last night.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 1:30:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The wording has chainged on their website.  It appears that 12:01 am on the 13 was a misprint and it really is 12:00am on the 14th.  So it expires tonight not last night.

Um, nope. Straight from their FAQ

Q: Was the SAW ban permanent?

A: No. The law enacting the ban provided that it would expire 10 years from the date of enactment, which was September 13, 1994. Therefore, effective 12:01 a.m. on September 13, 2004, the provisions of the law will cease to apply.

Doc
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top